How to tell the difference between a Democrat and an intelligent person...

Discussion in 'Political Satire' started by healthmyths, Jun 3, 2017.

1. healthmyths

healthmyths Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,072
    Bullshit! YOU have no links if you did you'd post them when you said your unsubstantiated opinion!
    As far as "weaseling"... you have done it right now with the links I provided! So bullshit. Give me FACTS not guesses on your part.
    And I defy you to read a Mercury thermometer such as was used for decades to a .2ºF accuracy! YOU can't.
    The scale on them was 2º increments. And you're telling me standing in -30º or 100+º you could distinguish .2º? Right there you immediately set yourself up
    as a bullshitter!
    Finally argue with this LINK ok?
    The Metrology of Thermometers

This post is actually about the poor quality and processing of historical climatic temperature records rather than metrology.
    My main points are that in climatology many important factors that are accounted for in other areas of science and engineering are completely ignored by many scientists:
    1. Human Errors in accuracy and resolution of historical data are ignored
    2. Mechanical thermometer resolution is ignored
    3. Electronic gauge calibration is ignored
    4. Mechanical and Electronic temperature gauge accuracy is ignored
    5. Hysteresis in modern data acquisition is ignored
    6. Conversion from Degrees F to Degrees C introduces false resolution into data.
    Metrology is the science of measurement, embracing both experimental and theoretical determinations at any level of uncertainty in any field of science and technology. Believe it or not, the metrology of temperature measurement is complex.

thermometerproblems.png

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
  2. mamooth

mamooth Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,634
    ^ Triggered. Cultists don't react well when their religion is challenged.

I said I was willing to give you the links, if you were willing to admit you were wrong when I did. As I knew would happen, you didn't accept. You always want to leave yourself room to weasel.

Not a problem. You see, unlike you, I can always back up what I say with genuine facts, as opposed to links to kook conspiracy blogs.

On this type of thermometer, for example, I have no problem reading 1/5 of a graduation. Anyone with decent eyesight could if they get up close. If you can't, I pity your blindness, or perhaps your inability to estimate a fraction.

[​IMG]

I have links for everything, as I just demonstrated. And I'll keep posting them, slowly. I want to keep stringing you along, so that you'll keep demonstrating the weasel-like nature of denier cultists.

No. You don't get to spam links to kook conspiracy blogs and then scream "REFUTE THIS OR I WIN!". That's the way of the coward and weasel. If you want to discuss something, then discuss it, with actual facts, not kook conspiracy blog posts. Try using scientific papers. I have lots. You have none. That's telling.

And all your points were wrong. You have no evidence of any sort to back any of them up. You don't understand the temperature record, you've made that clear. You've just read kook blogs, and fallen under their spell.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. healthmyths

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,072
    YOU are a liar! You say you have "scientific papers" and links YET you are too cowardly to share or are there REALLY any links????

Now as for your thermometer!

Sorry but YOUR thermometer is not the official NOAA required thermometer as described in this document:
    http://www.nws.noaa.gov/os/coop/Publications/coophandbook2.pdf
    And by the way THIS IS an official NOAA document!

A KEY requirement as found in this publication on page 30...
    "Thermometers are read and recorded to the nearest whole degree. " Not half a degree but whole degree!
    Be sure that the line of sight from your eye to the top of the mercury or alcohol column is level.
    If not, your reading will be too high or too low, as illustrated in exhibit 3.8.

This is where the major discrepancies can occur. Not all the time by all the thousands of volunteers are always on the correct line of sight. officialNOAAthermometer.png

Finally who in the hell are YOU to say "all your points were wrong. You have no evidence of any sort to back any of them up."
    I've put the links to the statements. Where are your links?

4. mamooth

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,634
    Like I said I'm baiting you.. And being you're so stupid, I can tell you that upfront, and you'll still cooperate. You're here crying that I don't show you links. So I gradually show links, and I keep demonstrating that you'll weasel away when I do.

So, after getting your first argument debunked by a simple photo, you switched to a new argument. Instead of saying it can't be done, you're now declaring that guidelines say to do something else.

That is, you weaseled.

5. healthmyths

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,072
    Your thermometer is NOT the official thermometer as required by the http://www.nws.noaa.gov/os/coop/Publications/coophandbook2.pdf
    So it is still not correct.
    "Baiting" "gradually" showing ? Where? You are a LIAR. YOU have NOT shown ONE link let alone "gradually". That makes your comment a LIE. Therefore you
    are a LIAR and keep adding to the perception that you know nothing about which you are spouting your biased, uninformed opinion!
    How about the founder of the Weather Channel and 1983 Broadcast Meteorologist of the Year, American Meteorological Society.

6. mamooth

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,634
    If you'd like to continue this discussion, do so in the Environment folder, as it was getting off-topic here even before you started crying "WAAAAA! YOU LIE!" at every bit of evidence.

7. bear513

bear513 Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,170

What does that thermometer read?