How to stop the police from breaking the law, Arizona style.

Look I agree, but with at least something concrete on paper their is at least a ground rule.
If interfering with a police matter is left only to officer discretion then it will be a free for all for the cops.
MAGA
The intent of this bad faith measure is to intimidate, to have a chilling effect on citizens recording LEO activity at all regardless the distance or circumstances, the consequence of citizens’ fear and ignorance of the law.

The intent of this bad faith measure is to intimidate, to have a chilling effect on citizens recording LEO activity at all regardless the distance or circumstances, the consequence of citizens’ fear and ignorance of the law.

So if there are no boundaries at all do you wish to leave it to officer discretion then watch abuse of power. Now at least something that is concrete is on the books. Whether you or I agree with it.
MAGA

Huh? Just stand 9-10 feet away, dope! That's all! Did that one slip by you? They just don't want you in their business where they have to worry about you being some crazy with a knife while they are already dealing with some other loon.

Isn't "interfering with a police officer in the performance of his duty" already a crime. Why do they need a special law about filming????

So if there are no boundaries at all do you wish to leave it to officer discretion then watch abuse of power. Now at least something that is concrete is on the books. Whether you or I agree with it.
MAGA

I'm with Clayton. The current interference laws are adequate to protect police from the public getting in their way. This law is intended to chill filming and to give police discretion to lay charges or not, when they're being being filmed. All they have to do is to walk toward somebody and when they get within 8 feet, charge them, if they don't stop filming.

I'm with Clayton. The current interference laws are adequate to protect police from the public getting in their way. This law is intended to chill filming and to give police discretion to lay charges or not, when they're being being filmed. All they have to do is to walk toward somebody and when they get within 8 feet, charge them, if they don't stop filming.
And without ANY boundaries they can declare officer discretion on ANYTHING or ANY distance and arrest.
MAGA

Well, this isn't about police discretion, this is about what happens in courts.

That is seems Trump supporters need everything spelled out to them in crayons is a little worrying, don't you thing?

You're actually calling me a tRump supporter, ROTFLMFAO! I mean you just can't make this shit up!!!!! Do you eat crayons?
MAGA

MAGA
No.

Again, fearful and ignorant of the law, citizens won’t make the effort to record LEO activities at all – hence the chilling effect, the true intent of the law.

Isn't "interfering with a police officer in the performance of his duty" already a crime. Why do they need a special law about filming????
To conceal police misconduct and criminality.

The intent of the law is to intimidate citizens to the extent that they won’t even bother to reach for their smartphones to being with.

Because bad cops want an excuse to torture, kidnap, and murder those recording.

Wouldn't stop me, sorry if it does you.
MAGA

Yes, it would. If you didn't stop, you might end up too dead to record.

Forum List

Back