How to Deal with Ultra-Left Academia

oh yeah...the one from the republican congressman's editorial! lol

First you said the dems never passed the tax increase

Then you denied all the Republcians sites that gave the breakdown

Then you say they are not really tax increases at all, they were to expisre anyway

Now you dismiss the numbers to show how libs are going to stick it to the retired folks

My you libs are soooo compassionate

Try hating us - it would be so much cheaper for all of us

oh yeah...the one from the republican congressman's editorial! lol

I understand why libs want more money - they have spending plans like this

The Detroit News

We have come to the conclusion that the crisis Michigan faces is not a shortage of revenue, but an excess of idiocy. Facing a budget deficit that has passed the $1 billion mark, House Democrats Thursday offered a spending plan that would buy a MP3 player or iPod for every school child in Michigan.

No cost estimate was attached to their hare-brained idea to "invest" in education. Details, we are promised, will follow.

The Democrats, led by their increasingly erratic speaker Andy Dillon of Redford Township, also pledge $100 million to make better downtowns.

Their plan goes beyond cluelessness. Democrats are either entirely indifferent to the idea that extreme hard times demand extreme belt tightening, or they are bone stupid. We lean toward the latter.

We say that because the House plan also keeps alive, again without specifics, the promise of tax hikes.

The range of options, according to Rep. Steve Tobocman, D-Detroit, includes raising the income tax, levying a 6 percent tax on some services, and taxing junk food and soda.

We wonder how financially strained Michigan residents will feel about paying higher taxes to buy someone else's kid an iPod.

That they would include such frivolity in a crisis budget plan indicates how tough it will be to bring real spending reform to Michigan.

Senate Republicans issued a plan a week ago that eliminates the deficit with hard spending cuts. Now their leader, Mike Bishop of Rochester Hills, is sounding wobbly, suggesting he might compromise on a tax hike.

We hope Bishop is reading the polls that say three-quarters of Michigan residents oppose higher taxes.

There are few things in the House budget outline from which to forge a compromise.

For example, Dillon says he would shift the burden of business taxes to companies that operate in Michigan, but don't have a facility here. The certain outcome of that plan is to drive even more businesses out of Michigan.

About all we see of merit is a call for government consolidation and a demand that state employees contribute more to their retirement benefits -- which is no more than House Democrats suggested for future state lawmakers a few weeks ago.

We find it ironic that the Democrats are proposing floating $5 billion in revenue bonds to pay for retiree health care, when Gov. Jennifer Granholm vetoed a nearly identical plan by Oakland County because it would cost the state money.

Instead of advocating cost-saving changes in public school teacher pension and health plans, Dillon suggests more study. There have been plenty of studies of the issue, with the conclusion being that hundreds of millions of dollars could be saved through reforms. Michigan needs action, not more study committees.

Dillon also proposes that the state cover 50 percent of the cost of catastrophic health insurance for everyone in the place, but once again doesn't specify a funding source.

Stop the stupidity. Michigan can't tax or spend its way out of this economic catastrophe.

The only responsible option is to bring spending in line with current revenues. The mission must be to expand the tax base, rather than to expand taxes, by crafting a budget that encourages growth.

We won't get there by wasting money on early Christmas presents for Michigan kids.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...=2007704060333

Try hating us - it would be so much cheaper for all of us

I don't HATE you RSR.... I just think you are a moron who is incapable of using his own words to express his own thoughts and argue his own ideas.

You are too inconsequential in my life to HATE....

I don't like you very much, but I don't like the squirrel who raids my birdfeeder either.... But I don't HATE the squirrel....do you see the similarity?

I don't HATE you RSR.... I just think you are a moron who is incapable of using his own words to express his own thoughts and argue his own ideas.

You are too inconsequential in my life to HATE....

I don't like you very much, but I don't like the squirrel who raids my birdfeeder either.... But I don't HATE the squirrel....do you see the similarity?

If it will keep my taxes from going throught the roof - please hate me and forget I exist

I cannot afford to pay for compasion libs want to show me

Of ocurse beignt he arrogrant liberal you are - you believe I am to stupid to see this is for the common good and I need to shut up and pay my increasing taxes

If it will keep my taxes from going throught the roof - please hate me and forget I exist

I cannot afford to pay for compasion libs want to show me

Of ocurse beignt he arrogrant liberal you are - you believe I am to stupid to see this is for the common good and I need to shut up and pay my increasing taxes

I doubt, in terms of dollars, that your taxes will go up all that much.

And if you wanted to avoid paying for progressive liberalism, maybe you should have won the election!

And if you wanted to win the election, maybe your team would have figured out how NOT TO START A STUPID WAR IN IRAQ AND THEN FUCK UP THE EXECUTION OF THAT WAR ONCE STARTED.

Just a thought.

I doubt, in terms of dollars, that your taxes will go up all that much.

And if you wanted to avoid paying for progressive liberalism, maybe you should have won the election!

And if you wanted to win the election, maybe your team would have figured out how NOT TO START A STUPID WAR IN IRAQ AND THEN FUCK UP THE EXECUTION OF THAT WAR ONCE STARTED.

Just a thought.

My taxes will go up big time - and yet you many posts ago you were denying Dems raised them

Howvere there are two good things that will haapen

Pres Bush will veto the bill and it will be a joy to watch the Dems try to lie their way out of the fact they those tax cuts back

So far the numbers are not looking good for your side 50% say they will not vote for her period

45% say Hillary is corrupt an

big time in terms of real dollars for a moron loser like you is not really big time for most other folks.

as I said - libs are very generous with other peoples money

at least now you are admitting Dems are raising taxes

I admit no such thing.... and I said, if you don't want to pay for progressive liberalims....try winning elections.... and then, when you DO win, try governing with a degree of competence so that the American people don't toss you ass out of power because you are so inept!

I admit no such thing.... and I said, if you don't want to pay for progressive liberalims....try winning elections.... and then, when you DO win, try governing with a degree of competence so that the American people don't toss you ass out of power because you are so inept!

Lying again.

big time in terms of real dollars for a moron loser like you is not really big time for most other folks.

You are saying my taxes are not going up all that much compared to others

I am saying that 15% of a pittance is a pittance

It is nice to know such a compasionate liberal knows what other people can afford to fork over to government

Then on top of that we pay sales taxes, property taxes, local taxes, state taxes, SS taxes, gas taxes, and excise taxes

Who can afford all this liberal compassion?

It is nice to know such a compasionate liberal knows what other people can afford to fork over to government

Then on top of that we pay sales taxes, property taxes, local taxes, state taxes, SS taxes, gas taxes, and excise taxes

Who can afford all this liberal compassion?

I havce no idea how you manage your money.

The fact remains: 15% of a pittance is a pittance.

Forum List

Back