How to change American Politics?

Cain

Air Force DEP
Nov 14, 2010
Tennessee
Warning: This is a rather lengthy read, I advise hot tea with cakes, or if your dieting, a whey shake with a well grilled baby.

So, as many of you know, the political system is corrupt, that is a blatant fact of reality. Many people do not vote, and here is the most heard quote I hear when I ask why people do not "Doesn't matter if I vote, everyone of them is corrupt." Now, I believe the majority are in-fact corrupt, and their is a scale of it I'm sure. Some may be so corrupt they help other nations buy out American companies, and then some may just be trying to earn a little extra money doing small things, but corrupt is corrupt.

How do you think we can change this? Here are some solutions I have found that are rather, obvious to most Americans, although some a bit drastic:

1. Revolution: Nothing solves a problem like a war. If the American people rose up and replaced Marie Antoinette with a political icon, I think things would change. Although for the better I cannot say. This is one way to change the system we live in, one I do not advise. Also, this could affect your daily life, with the uprising and all ;).

2. Retribution: What if, let's say 10 Republicans & 10 Democrats, who are basically the same people, middle-class/lower-class workers, basically came together, and started their own party? First, they don't allow corporations to "donate" money to them, they build it up on their own, with the help of other lower/middle class workers, chipping in small amounts. Let's say in 4 years, they all gather together, and let's say they are now 500 strong, and they elect a leader out of them to run for State Represenative. Sure, they will probably lose without the support of the corporations/interest groups, but, they will show a group that isn't ruled by the upper-class money supply. Hopefully this group grows with lower/middle class workers, and keeps denying any donations from organizations that would be seeking to "control" their support through a leader of their choosing. Could this work? I really hope so.

3. Resignation: What if we all just quit, and let the politicians, as they have been, run things their own way, and we don't even attempt to do anything? Will this help or hurt us? Who knows. I would think hurt us, but I could be wrong.

I am just trying to say this: What do you think we should do? I would say I could try politics, but I have a few problems that would adhere me from it:

1. I am 18 years old.
2. I have already signed 6 years into the USAF, and plan to stay in for at least 20, no matter what.
3. I am very blunt, I really despise beating around the bush.
4. I doubt I could last 5 minutes in public speaking over many issues.

Basically, I am never going to be much of a politician.

I think if we are to find someone to represent a people without corruption, it'd have to be someone who daddy doesn't own BP or who's ancestry arised from George Washington, it needs to be some average joe, who is a decent speaker, and is willing to stay at earning a decent wage, instead of accepting millions to do certain things. Has to be someone, who basically, doesn't want money more then self-dignity.

Anyways, what do you think we should do about changing the political corruption?

1. I am 18 years old.
2. I have already signed 6 years into the USAF, and plan to stay in for at least 20, no matter what.

I think if we are to find someone to represent a people without corruption, it'd have to be someone who daddy doesn't own BP or who's ancestry arised from George Washington, it needs to be some average joe, who is a decent speaker, and is willing to stay at earning a decent wage, instead of accepting millions to do certain things. Has to be someone, who basically, doesn't want money more then self-dignity.

Anyways, what do you think we should do about changing the political corruption?
You're part of the problem. If these corporations didn't have a volunteer military to bid their dirty work, stealing natural resources and promoting slave labor, the nation would.
A. No longer be in a state of perpetual war or
B. Try to reinstate the draft causing the much needed revolution and assholes, your new bosses, swinging from trees on crapital hill.

There lies another set of problems. Assholes that become cops and get on a Nazi power trip and protect the aforementioned assholes when, in fact, they should supply the rope and cheer the citizens on with megaphones.They don't.
Why ? They're brainwashed little pussies just like gang members..

Have fun in the sandbox and don't forget. Gawd Blass murka !

Prince Charles, Camilla's Car Attacked (VIDEO)

1. I am 18 years old.

You're part of the problem. If these corporations didn't have a volunteer military to bid their dirty work, stealing natural resources and promoting slave labor, the nation would.
A. No longer be in a state of perpetual war or
B. Try to reinstate the draft causing the much needed revolution and assholes, your new bosses, swinging from trees on crapital hill.

There lies another set of problems. Assholes that become cops and get on a Nazi power trip and protect the aforementioned assholes when, in fact, they should supply the rope and cheer the citizens on with megaphones.They don't.
Why ? They're brainwashed little pussies just like gang members..

Have fun in the sandbox and don't forget. Gawd Blass murka !

Prince Charles, Camilla's Car Attacked (VIDEO)

I'm sorry you consider me part of the problem. How do you plan to fix the military hierarchy then? I mean honestly, you can't "vote" in a General, you can't even affect the military, that is a whole different world.

However, you can vote in a senator, represenative, mayor, even a commissioner that can help.

What? Cops are not the only ones at fault. Everyday citizens protect the wrong, why single out police? Why not lawyers? Bankers?

Cain, we have all the power in the world to right our government.

But we won't use it. And you can't do it alone.

Americans as a rule are fat, uneducated, lazy, couch potato nation sleeple. We want other people to articulate our rage and solve our problems while we seek instant gratification.

There will be no saving of America. Our leaders are corrupt, our people are corrupt, Benjamin Franklin was right:

I agree to this Constitution with all its faults, if they are such; because I think a general Government necessary for us, and there is no form of Government but what may be a blessing to the people if well administered, and believe farther that this is likely to be well administered for a course of years, and can only end in Despotism, as other forms have done before it, when the people shall become so corrupted as to need despotic Government, being incapable of any other.
~ Ben Franklin speaking on the last day of the Constitutional Convention

Speech of Benjamin Franklin - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

Last edited:
Cain, we have all the power in the world to right our government.

But we won't use it. And you can't do it alone.

Americans as a rule are fat, uneducated, lazy, couch potato nation sleeple. We want other people to articulate our rage and solve our problems while we seek instant gratification.

There will be no saving of America. Our leaders are corrupt, our people are corrupt, Benjamin Franklin was right:

I agree to this Constitution with all its faults, if they are such; because I think a general Government necessary for us, and there is no form of Government but what may be a blessing to the people if well administered, and believe farther that this is likely to be well administered for a course of years, and can only end in Despotism, as other forms have done before it, when the people shall become so corrupted as to need despotic Government, being incapable of any other.
~ Ben Franklin speaking on the last day of the Constitutional Convention

Speech of Benjamin Franklin - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

I do not believe that giving up is a option. I would rather die fighting to change then allow my nation to kept being pulled under by our anchor of debt, ignorance, and arrogance.

1. Revolution: Nothing solves a problem like a war. If the American people rose up and replaced Marie Antoinette with a political icon, I think things would change. Although for the better I cannot say. This is one way to change the system we live in, one I do not advise.
I suspect things would get worse; I don't believe those most likely to emerge victorious would be those we'd like emerging victorious.

2. Retribution: What if, let's say 10 Republicans & 10 Democrats, who are basically the same people, middle-class/lower-class workers, basically came together, and started their own party?

Third parties exist, but current law and the concentration of both power and wealth make it near-impossible for anyone to seize power from the republicrats on a national scale. Change will be slow and tedious and will only be achieved, i believe, from the bottom-up.

3. Resignation: What if we all just quit, and let the politicians, as they have been, run things their own way, and we don't even attempt to do anything? Will this help or hurt us? Who knows. I would think hurt us, but I could be wrong.

Clarify.

We can only change things within our sphere of influence. Change will not come from the top, nor will positive large-scale change come quickly in America's case. Politicians who threatened significant change have, historically, wound up dead or found it impossible to get invited to debates or acquire funding for their campaigns.

I do not believe that giving up is a option. I would rather die fighting to change then allow my nation to kept being pulled under by our anchor of debt, ignorance, and arrogance.

You don't have to die fighting. You need to live.

get out of debt yourself.
learn for yourself
teach your children

Warning: This is a rather lengthy read, I advise hot tea with cakes, or if your dieting, a whey shake with a well grilled baby.

So, as many of you know, the political system is corrupt, that is a blatant fact of reality. Many people do not vote, and here is the most heard quote I hear when I ask why people do not "Doesn't matter if I vote, everyone of them is corrupt." Now, I believe the majority are in-fact corrupt, and their is a scale of it I'm sure. Some may be so corrupt they help other nations buy out American companies, and then some may just be trying to earn a little extra money doing small things, but corrupt is corrupt.

How do you think we can change this? Here are some solutions I have found that are rather, obvious to most Americans, although some a bit drastic:

1. Revolution: Nothing solves a problem like a war. If the American people rose up and replaced Marie Antoinette with a political icon, I think things would change. Although for the better I cannot say. This is one way to change the system we live in, one I do not advise. Also, this could affect your daily life, with the uprising and all ;).

2. Retribution: What if, let's say 10 Republicans & 10 Democrats, who are basically the same people, middle-class/lower-class workers, basically came together, and started their own party? First, they don't allow corporations to "donate" money to them, they build it up on their own, with the help of other lower/middle class workers, chipping in small amounts. Let's say in 4 years, they all gather together, and let's say they are now 500 strong, and they elect a leader out of them to run for State Represenative. Sure, they will probably lose without the support of the corporations/interest groups, but, they will show a group that isn't ruled by the upper-class money supply. Hopefully this group grows with lower/middle class workers, and keeps denying any donations from organizations that would be seeking to "control" their support through a leader of their choosing. Could this work? I really hope so.

I am just trying to say this: What do you think we should do? I would say I could try politics, but I have a few problems that would adhere me from it:

1. I am 18 years old.

Term limits would be a good start.

You are 18 yo. So go for it. Americans will clearly not change within the few short decades I have left here.

But maybe within the next 60 years they might.

Vote for independents It you vote Republican or Democrat, you are voting for the status quo. The two parties have different philosophies, but neither works for the American people. They work for the special interest groups, big corporations and foreign interest that got them elected.

1. I am 18 years old.

Term limits would be a good start.

That is a good idea, but would the only way to do that be a amendment?

Clarify.

3. Would basically be, giving up, just saying "let nature take its course" with politics and not try to do anything to change.

You don't have to die fighting. You need to live.

get out of debt yourself.
learn for yourself
teach your children

Well, I do not plan to ever be in debt, I am terrified of it. My family isn't in debt, and we never have been, my parents simply live lower then most with our income. I used to think we where poor, then I seen how much my parents bring in, we are middle-class but if you looked at our style of living eh lol. Then again, we support around 4 barns, 2 shops, etc so I guess if you look over all of us, you could tell.

1. I am 18 years old.

You cannot change politics in this country unless you FIRST take the money out of it.

The giant gaping hole in the concept of democracy is MONEY. He who has it, owns the government .. and that has never been more obvious than it is today under Obama.

If we don't start with serious campaign finance reform .. that comes with immediate loss of office and serious prison time, then we aren't really serious about changing politics and we might as well just sit back and enjoy our diminshed lives in the Matrix.

You cannot change politics in this country unless you FIRST take the money out of it.

The giant gaping hole in the concept of democracy is MONEY. He who has it, owns the government .. and that has never been more obvious than it is today under Obama.

If we don't start with serious campaign finance reform .. that comes with immediate loss of office and serious prison time, then we aren't really serious about changing politics and we might as well just sit back and enjoy our diminshed lives in the Matrix.

bullcrap. Campaign Finance reform is merely politicians doing what they can to empower themselves and keep their competition down.

You want to get money out of politics? Repeal the 17th amendment

1. I am 18 years old.

Bac my buddy, glad to see you here.

I fear you were right long ago my friend.

The Americans living in the US today do not have the backbone to save this country from the monied interests.

They instead whorship them like gods.

1. I am 18 years old.

Bac my buddy, glad to see you here.

I fear you were right long ago my friend.

The Americans living in the US today do not have the backbone to save this country from the monied interests.

They instead whorship them like gods.

Thank you my friend as always.

You couldn't be more correct about the American people.

Our politicians have no backbone because we don't have any.

bullcrap. Campaign Finance reform is merely politicians doing what they can to empower themselves and keep their competition down.

You want to get money out of politics? Repeal the 17th amendment

Off by a long shot. You'd need the StarGate to get to the truth from there.

Are you aware that our election system is wide-open to fraud and manipulation? Proven.

If the system can be manipulated it doesn't matter what you do with the 17th Amendment.

If campaign-finance reform is such a boon for politicians, why aren't they all supporting it? Relatively few support it because it cuts off their real money.

My high hopes for this country are quicky dwindling.

I really dont see any way the American people are willing to fight the fight to keep democracy alive.

I hope to hell they surprize me.

We need to get rid of earmarks, get rid of lobbyist money and bring down the insane cost of campaign money. This will be a start of getting rid the corruption in Washington.

Forum List

Back