How to block the ads on this website.

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
A lot of you may have noticed that this web site can be incredibly slow and has a lot of ads. You can put a stop to this by using Firefox and installing the ad-on named "Adblock Plus." It's works like a miracle. The website is 100 times faster, and you aren't bothered by all those pesky ads.

You can download "Adblock Plus" at this URL

Adblock Plus

It will also be interesting to see if the forum management yanks this thread.

A lot of you may have noticed that this web site can be incredibly slow and has a lot of ads. You can put a stop to this by using Firefox and installing the ad-on named "Adblock Plus." It's works like a miracle. The website is 100 times faster, and you aren't bothered by all those pesky ads.

Adblock Plus

mod might not yank this thread if you had posted it in the correct forum.

Adblock Plus

---
My son advocates Adblock+, but did not say it increases performance times. Haven't tested it myself.

After logging in to this board, i see fewer ads. Don't you?
I'm sure the board mgt would not want a dent in their revenue, but your OP should not make a big dent, if any.
We'll see ...

Adblock Plus

Wow. I'm glad you finally caught up to 2012.

uBlock Origin is much better. Get that one.

Adblock Plus

---
My son advocates Adblock+, but did not say it increases performance times. Haven't tested it myself.

I'm sure the board mgt would not want a dent in their revenue, but your OP should not make a big dent, if any.
We'll see ...

This forum was almost unusable before I installed Adblock+. Once people try it, they will never go back to being forced to load all those annoying ads.

Adblock Plus

Wrong forum.

but, you can also block dopey sigline gifs with adblock plus.

Adblock Plus

Wrong forum.

No, it's the right forum in terms of whom I'm trying to reach: That is, people who actually use this forum.

Adblock Plus

Wrong forum.

No, it's the right forum in terms of whom I'm trying to reach: That is, people who actually use this forum.
Whoa the mods haven't yanked your thread yet?! Does that mean your rage is STILL impotent?! :eek:

Adblock Plus

Wrong forum.

Whoa the mods haven't yanked your thread yet?! Does that mean your rage is STILL impotent?! :eek:

I thought you were going to point out posts where a made a fool of myself, not prove that your a fool.

Adblock Plus

---

We'll see ...

This forum was almost unusable before I installed Adblock+. Once people try it, they will never go back to being forced to load all those annoying ads.

---
Maybe if it makes using this board easier for YOU, then you'll use USMB more often ... A WIN-WIN !!

Adblock Plus

I tried that app on my phone & it screwed up the functionality of the Web browser.
And as for mobile browsers I like Opra

Adblock Plus

Wrong forum.

I thought you were going to point out posts where a made a fool of myself, not prove that your a fool.
Whoa looks like the mods didn't yank your thread. Fool.

Adblock Plus

Wrong forum.

Did I say they would yank it, fool?

Add-on Lightbeam its great, choose which ad sites to ban. Leave a few Websites need a bit of advertising to keep going.

Wrong forum.

You were a big ol' pussy about them "yanking" your thread in the OP.

All I said is that I wonder if they will yank, you fucking dumbass.

You posted in politics there is a general forum you should've posted it in or a flame forum. Wrong forum. I'm surprised it hasn't been yanked yet. Guess nobody bothered reporting you.

You're always thinking about dudes yanking perv

Adblock Plus

Easier fix is become a supporting member and NO ADS, runs fast. Except when the do their backups around 2:45-3:15 AM Central time.

Forum List

Back