How the RNC tweaked CO's rules to prevent another Santorum like upset over Romney

tinydancer

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2010
Piney
Colorado changed their rules to prevent another Santorum outsider upset. Thanks to Percy yesterday for reminding me of that situation. I started digging and didn't have to go far this morning because the Denver Post last summer lays out the case of the RNC tweaking the rules so that no dark horse could ever win in Colorado again.

And I don't want to hear from any Cruz supporters that he is anti establishment or outside the beltway.

That freaking lie is beginning to run up there with "honest I won't come in your mouth". Hell's bells it's close to surpassing that one.

Here's the deal. Rest of article really lays it out.

Motive:

"The Colorado system often favors anti-establishment candidates who draw a dedicated following among activists — as evidenced by Rick Santorum's victory in 2012 caucus. So the party's move may hurt GOP contenders such as Donald Trump, Ben Carson and Rand Paul, who would have received a boost if they won the state."

The BIG WHOPPER

"The move, he said, would give Colorado delegates the freedom to support any candidate eligible at the Cleveland convention in July. Republican National Committee officials confirmed that the change complies with party rules."

Step 1:

"The GOP executive committee has voted to cancel the traditional presidential preference poll after the national party changed its rules to require a state's delegates to support the candidate who wins the caucus vote."

Step 2 And please notice 6 members were absent for the vote

"State Republican Party Chairman Steve House said the party's 24-member executive committee made the unanimous decision Friday — six members were absent — to skip the preference poll."

Colorado Republicans cancel presidential vote at 2016 caucus
Move makes Colorado only state to date to opt out of early nomination process
By John Frank
The Denver Post

This was a Trump delegate in Colorado who was banned from voting (a vodeo):
Well, the Douglas County GOP made good... - Larry Wayne Lind
Crazy... You would not believe what happened to this delegate for voting Trump

The rules for election should be created for:
1. Respecting the voters;
2. Counting each vote;
3. Protecting the voters from cheating.
Otherwise voting doesn't make any sense.

The current rules were obviously created to suit the elites: if the voters vote their way, it's ok, but if not (like this crazy year) the elites can ignore their voters as much as they want without violating the rules. The question is: what are the voters for??? And let's not forget: ID not necessarily required either!

The voting system needs to be changed.

Last edited:
Reince Priebus was on Fox with Greta last night. He really pissed me off, he was explaining how to get delegates in a tone like we are dumb asses.
His twitter page is getting slammed by thousands of republicans really angry at the GOP..Here are a few:

ob Johnson ‏@LexingtonBobby Apr 11
@kirstiealley @Reince NO MORE GOP here EVER, but supporting Trump. Finished with this corrupt group! #Trump2016

CfwrckaWQAEw7uR.jpg

len ‏@ellen6019 Mar 1
@Reince You have a big problem! There are 25-35% of conservatives that will NEVER vote Trump. We are not changing our minds. #NeverTrump

y Shawn ‏@xebec78 14h14 hours ago
@Reince when rules in Colorado were changed last Aug to disenfranchise the people of CO to choose their Republican nominee THAT WAS WRONG!

#CAPrimary ‏@Tamaralynn212 13h13 hours agoChicago, IL
@Reince Stop lying.. Trump delegates were taken out and thi

There is a couple of good articles on RT about 2016 crazy elections in case somebody's interested:

We have the wrong people in office, Democrats and Republicans alike are controlled by big money, some say the ‘powers to be,’ Christina Tobin, founder and chair of The Free and Equal Elections Foundation, told RT.

Over 400 arrests were made at the US Capitol building in Washington after staging a mass sit-in, called Democracy Spring, to demand electoral reform.
‘US political parties are history’

The Democracy Spring protest in Washington, DC is a sign that Americans are simply fed up with the current election process, which has led to an oligarchy oriented at a “small cabal of elitists”, Curtis Ellis, executive director of American Jobs Alliance said.

Curtis Ellis: The American people have had enough. I could say they have finally woken up. They’re aware, they’re not buying any lies anymore. They’re aware there’s an oligarchy that’s ruling this country, whether it’s a Democratic Party or the Republican Party, and they are not falling for it any longer.

You see, in both parties you have Donald Trump running away with the nomination because he’s saying: ‘I can’t be bought. All of the politicians are paid for by lobbyists.’ Bernie Sanders is saying the same thing on the Democratic side: ‘Hillary Clinton is paid off by Goldman Sachs, the international bankers that run Wall Street
‘Americans not buying democratic mask of US elections anymore’

Colorado changed their rules to prevent another Santorum outsider upset. Thanks to Percy yesterday for reminding me of that situation. I started digging and didn't have to go far this morning because the Denver Post last summer lays out the case of the RNC tweaking the rules so that no dark horse could ever win in Colorado again.

And I don't want to hear from any Cruz supporters that he is anti establishment or outside the beltway.

That freaking lie is beginning to run up there with "honest I won't come in your mouth". Hell's bells it's close to surpassing that one.

Here's the deal. Rest of article really lays it out.

Motive:

"The Colorado system often favors anti-establishment candidates who draw a dedicated following among activists — as evidenced by Rick Santorum's victory in 2012 caucus. So the party's move may hurt GOP contenders such as Donald Trump, Ben Carson and Rand Paul, who would have received a boost if they won the state."

The BIG WHOPPER

"The move, he said, would give Colorado delegates the freedom to support any candidate eligible at the Cleveland convention in July. Republican National Committee officials confirmed that the change complies with party rules."

Step 1:

"The GOP executive committee has voted to cancel the traditional presidential preference poll after the national party changed its rules to require a state's delegates to support the candidate who wins the caucus vote."

Step 2 And please notice 6 members were absent for the vote

"State Republican Party Chairman Steve House said the party's 24-member executive committee made the unanimous decision Friday — six members were absent — to skip the preference poll."

Move makes Colorado only state to date to opt out of early nomination process
By John Frank
The Denver Post

Yo, keep fishing? Enjoy the one that got away!

YES DONALD, COLORADO DID VOTE…ON MARCH 1ST
insider-icon.png

By: Robert Eno | April 11, 2016

- See more at: Yes Donald, Colorado Did Vote…On March 1st

"GTP"
_trump-vindicated.jpg

Another thread exhibiting the ignorance of the primary process common to most on the right.

It's the right that has been saying for years that our votes don't count.
Both parties have it set up so it's impossible for any 3rd parties to run.
For a few years I've been saying "selected, not elected".

Sanders and Trump supporters share one thing. If they already didn't realize that truth (selected, not elected) they sure as hell do now. Trump supporters aren't getting screwed like Sanders supporters though. The corruption on their end is too fucked up to beat. Hillary will be put in place by the elites 'rules'. Trump and his supporters will beat the system by sheer numbers.

I do expect the Republicans to put in place some BS rules like the Dems so this never happens again to them :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bush/Clinton didn't pan out for the Demopublicans :lmao: :lmao:

Forum List

Back