How the Media Portrays the Devil

depotoo

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2012
Through duck duck go I stumbled on this site and found this really interesting article by an UT professor. It so embodies what has been happening with the press in the last few years in politics Please take the time to read it. It uncovers much of what the media has been up to. Or at least as he sees it.

I’ll be curious to get others take of it. I am guessing some will slam it. I can guess who. Others will probably go, hmmm. And others will say they have seen it all along.
I look forward to others commentary on it.
INTRO: How the Media portrays the Devil -
It’s a well-known cliché that the media distorts the news. It’s also very true that politicians lie.

Years ago I wrote a couple books about myths in history. And back then, I suddenly noticed something that was a bit alarming. The same thing was happening on TV: news reporters told stories that mixed facts with guesses and exaggerations. By doing so, their stories became more interesting, newsworthy. But they also became ridiculous, less true.

Every night, while working, I hear the news. So I closely followed the U.S. Presidential elections from 2015 to 2016.

Time and again, I saw that many news reports about the candidates were biased. Reporters constantly undermined Senator Bernie Sanders, to make him look unable to ever become the Democrat presidential nominee. They ignored and dismissed Jill Stein and Gary Johnson. And if you supported Hillary Clinton you’ll remember that political pundits sometimes portrayed her as a flawed, dishonest, and unpopular candidate. (How could she be so unpopular, given that she won almost 66 million votes? That was more than any candidate for President in history except for Barack Obama.)

Much more at the link.

This clown is a moron, how could Hillary be unpopular HELLO she's Hillary Clinton she wasn't even popular as first lady she's not even popular with her own husband.

This clown is a moron, how could Hillary be unpopular HELLO she's Hillary Clinton she wasn't even popular as first lady she's not even popular with her own husband.
You need to read the article. That was just to get others that might not read it to read it. Maybe it backfired. Please read it. You’ll be surprised.

Interesting but pretty obvious stuff. One would have to live under a rock to not realize that the media does not report, it directs.

Interesting but pretty obvious stuff. One would have to live under a rock to not realize that the media does not report, it directs.
Yet there are many that would swear all those things were true, yet they weren’t. Unfortunately, they have chosen to believe everything they want to hear, rather than the truth. Thanks for replying.

Yet there are many that would swear all those things were true, yet they weren’t. Unfortunately, they have chosen to believe everything they want to hear, rather than the truth. Thanks for replying.
People are myopic. There are only concerned with their own immediate needs and desires. Rarely if ever do they take the time required to find the whole story. The media uses this to manipulate and direct the populous toward their goal. The thing is, times are changing. There are thousands of places to go which provide contravening views AND video of actual events. Thus..."fake news".
Yet, many people still cling to it like a drug. They NEED people to tell them, not only what, but how to think. They need the Maddow's/Hannity's/Levin's of the world. Rah Rah for my team! IOW...an excuse to be lazy. Right? Intentionally obtuse sheeple.
Since Trump took office Washington Post subscriptions have increased by 1M...NY Times revenues are through the roof. Media is booming!
People looove them some bullshit.

Through duck duck go I stumbled on this site and found this really interesting article by an UT professor. It so embodies what has been happening with the press in the last few years in politics Please take the time to read it. It uncovers much of what the media has been up to. Or at least as he sees it.

I’ll be curious to get others take of it. I am guessing some will slam it. I can guess who. Others will probably go, hmmm. And others will say they have seen it all along.
It’s a well-known cliché that the media distorts the news. It’s also very true that politicians lie.

Years ago I wrote a couple books about myths in history. And back then, I suddenly noticed something that was a bit alarming. The same thing was happening on TV: news reporters told stories that mixed facts with guesses and exaggerations. By doing so, their stories became more interesting, newsworthy. But they also became ridiculous, less true.

Every night, while working, I hear the news. So I closely followed the U.S. Presidential elections from 2015 to 2016.

Time and again, I saw that many news reports about the candidates were biased. Reporters constantly undermined Senator Bernie Sanders, to make him look unable to ever become the Democrat presidential nominee. They ignored and dismissed Jill Stein and Gary Johnson. And if you supported Hillary Clinton you’ll remember that political pundits sometimes portrayed her as a flawed, dishonest, and unpopular candidate. (How could she be so unpopular, given that she won almost 66 million votes? That was more than any candidate for President in history except for Barack Obama.)

Much more at the link.
shhhhobama.png
shhhhobama.png

Attachments

• shhhhobama.png
    shhhhobama.png
    26 KB · Views: 104

Much more at the link.
Imprimatur et Imperemus

I despise professors even when they agree with me. I notice he parrots the media clique's ignorant grammar by making media singular.

Forum List

Back