How the Man of the People Vacations...

Who ever said Obama was a man of the people?

More right wing blather.

Insinuate goofy things about what people believe so you can fault them for believing what they don't believe.

What a load one-trick-ponies runs in that herd.

No such thing as a pol who is a man of the people

Silence Wrote:
Obama owns ONE home and he's vacationing in the state he was BORN in and his wife seems to buy her clothing off the rack!

Thats lovely for them. I think it was pretty clear I was referencing all politicians who tell me how to live my life, not just the Obamas. And while the Obamas might only have ONE home (a very expensive one in a very posh section of Chicago purchased under questionable means), and even if Michelle buys her clothes off the rack...the bottom line is still that the Obamas have informed Americans that we can not continue to live the way we want to, that we should take helpful, low paying jobs, not high paying ones...and that we should be cutting our expenses and tightening our belts...thats why I roll my eyes when I see ANY politician who has instructed me as to the "proper" way I should be living...while they are still doing whatever they please.

I find it repugnant that the right is trying to make a big deal out of this vacation, like the man isn't entitled to a vacation?!

What should he be doing? living in a box to prove that he's "with" the people who are struggling?

Of course he is entitled to a vacation...he's also now has to get used to receiving some teasing from his opponents....and really, joking about him taking a vacation isn't all that harsh.

Anytime a politician makes a point about saying something flat out - Bush's "Read my lips, no new taxes." Clinton's "I did not have sexual relations with that woman..." all of John Edwards' "two Americas" talk, or Obama's "don't go for the high paying jobs" "we can't keep our thermostats at 70 degrees and expect the rest of the world to be ok with it" talk....there is going to be some chatter when they do something that seems to go against that...

Bush lost an election, Clinton was impeached, John Edwards had the "I feel pretty" video, and Obama is going to get teased when he vacations in an expensive beach front house...

I don't really think that its worth rushing to Obama's aid, screaming about how ludicrous is is....he's a grown man, a politician...he can handle a little ribbing now and then. That being said...I don't really think this is a "story" either...more just an anecdote that we can muse about and then move on.

Phony, partisan-based fake "outrage".

You didn't pipe up a single time at all the vacation Bush took.

You really are one of the most dishonest, and hyper partisan hacks I've run across.

Please find me the last thread anyone posted about GW going on vacation BEFORE he was sworn in.

If one exists, I think you'll find that I was not a member of this forum at the time it was posted.

FYI I never voted for GW so stop implying that I am somehow a fan of that idiot.

Last edited:
I never really bought into the whole "omg he's on vacation he's not working" bs anyway, so I'm not going to take that angle with Obama.

Obama is receiving daily briefings and updates...he is able to communicate with everyone he needs to...if the man wants to take a week or so to spend as much time with his family as possible before he enters into the busiest job on earth...I have no problem with that.

Let's see a cadre of secret service men, armored cars, 24 hour security. Do you believe that BHO paid out of pocket to bring all those men and equipment to Hawaii? Did he even pay for his own plane ticket? I don't think so.

I believe that's the price we pay for keeping our President safe, Bush had the same treatment prior to taking office. Don't act as if Obama is some special case, he's not.

Skull said:
He is not even president yet and he's spending our fucking money.

One month of hard work. If sitting on your ass all day picking a cabinet team can be called hard work and he needs a vacation after only one month?

:lol: you're a fucking idiot Skull. If you want to piss and moan that he's on vacation so be it...it just makes you look ridiculous.....

skull said:
Personally, I think the pres should get 2 weeks until he has served for 5 years then he gets three. You know just like the rest of us working folk.

I don't necessarily disagree with you...was that your belief when Bush was off on vacation as well?

Some highlights of Bush's time away from the office:

- Attended 95 sports-related events.

- Made 74 trips to his Crawford ranch, for a total of 466 days.

- Made 142 trips to Camp David, for a total of 450 days.

- Attended 327 fundraising events for Republican candidates and causes.

let's see... there are 365 days in a year so he basically spent 2 1/2 years on some form of vacation during his 8 year tenor as President.... :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: and all, presumably, on tax payer dollars, right?

He's entitles to a vacation but when millions of tax payer money has to be spent for him to do so, he should at least wait until he's sworn in.

oh and then you would bitch that he was going on vacation too soon into his term. Bush was on vacation a mere month before the attacks on 9/11....perhaps he should've been doing his job instead huh?

skull said:
How about leading by example? How about showing us by his actions that he is at least pretending to try to be responsible with tax payer money?

and do you think the same standard should hold true for Bush as well? or is this just a democrat who should set the example for the American people? :cuckoo:

Last edited:
The best way for the economy to recover is for people to start spending money. Looks like Obama's jumpstarting the economy.

:cool:

Silence Wrote:

Thats lovely for them. I think it was pretty clear I was referencing all politicians who tell me how to live my life, not just the Obamas. And while the Obamas might only have ONE home (a very expensive one in a very posh section of Chicago purchased under questionable means), and even if Michelle buys her clothes off the rack...the bottom line is still that the Obamas have informed Americans that we can not continue to live the way we want to, that we should take helpful, low paying jobs, not high paying ones...and that we should be cutting our expenses and tightening our belts...thats why I roll my eyes when I see ANY politician who has instructed me as to the "proper" way I should be living...while they are still doing whatever they please.

:lol: I guess I missed all these speechs about taking low paying "helpful" jobs that have been given by Michelle and President Elect Obama.....care to share the link to those statements? and he's not middle class last time I checked.... I assume he's talking about people who live ABOVE their means....racking up credit card debit, buying cars, houses, etc, that they can't afford.... you know...common sense stuff.

gem said:
Of course he is entitled to a vacation...he's also now has to get used to receiving some teasing from his opponents....and really, joking about him taking a vacation isn't all that harsh.

it's also hardly worth bitching about.... but if that's all you got I guess I won't begrudge you the entertainment....

Anytime a politician makes a point about saying something flat out - Bush's "Read my lips, no new taxes." Clinton's "I did not have sexual relations with that woman..." all of John Edwards' "two Americas" talk, or Obama's "don't go for the high paying jobs" "we can't keep our thermostats at 70 degrees and expect the rest of the world to be ok with it" talk....there is going to be some chatter when they do something that seems to go against that...

well I'd hardly call Obama going on a vacation as hypcritical as the examples you gave...considering he's about to undertake the most difficult job on the planet at the moment and seemingly won't get much of a break anytime soon.....not to mention he's basically been working non-stop for the last 2 years on the campaign as well....and lest we forget his grandmother recently died so perhaps he needs time to deal with that as well.... It's not like he jetted off to some foreign tropical island. Hawaii IS his home state ya know... :eusa_shhh:

Bush lost an election, Clinton was impeached, John Edwards had the "I feel pretty" video, and Obama is going to get teased when he vacations in an expensive beach front house...

Clinton wasn't impeached...just a factoid...the Congress voted to NOT impeach him, otherwise he'd have been forced to leave office prior to the 2000 election.

I don't really think that its worth rushing to Obama's aid, screaming about how ludicrous is is....he's a grown man, a politician...he can handle a little ribbing now and then. That being said...I don't really think this is a "story" either...more just an anecdote that we can muse about and then move on.

I'm just an entitled to express my opinion that it's stupid to "rib" him about something like this as those who are doing the ribbing are to express their opinion.

I believe that's the price we pay for keeping our President safe, Bush had the same treatment prior to taking office. Don't act as if Obama is some special case, he's not.

I never said he was a special case did I? You BHO ass kissers all seem to want to add something to my statements.

What I said and ALL I said was this little jaunt to Hawaii is costing the tax payers a lot of money. I don't think it's appropriate when BHO is somehow supposed to be a fiscally responsible populist.

:lol: you're a fucking idiot Skull. If you want to piss and moan that he's on vacation so be it...it just makes you look ridiculous.....

Again please quote the pissing and moaning. I guess you obsequious BHO sycophants believe everyone who doesn't approve of your idol is pissing and moaning

I don't necessarily disagree with you...was that your belief when Bush was off on vacation as well?

I stated what I believe the vacation policy should be. Why don't you try to find any of my posts that show in any way I ever supported GW rather than implying that because I criticize the messiah that I just MUST be a bush supporter. And you call me a fucking idiot.

l
et's see... there are 365 days in a year so he basically spent 2 1/2 years on some form of vacation during his 8 year tenor as President.... :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: and all, presumably, on tax payer dollars, right?

ibid

oh and then you would bitch that he was going on vacation too soon into his term. Bush was on vacation a mere month before the attacks on 9/11....perhaps he should've been doing his job instead huh?

Wasn't a member of this forum then was I? And yes he should have been doing his job. Once again your attempts to tie me to a repudlican bush supporter are futile. Again I challenge you to find any post where I was not critical of GW.

and do you think the same standard should hold true for Bush as well? or is this just a democrat who should set the example for the American people? :cuckoo:

Well BHO is supposed to personify change is he not?

The best way for the economy to recover is for people to start spending money. Looks like Obama's jumpstarting the economy.

:cool:

Maybe if the fucking government didn't tax us all so much we could ALL afford to go to Hawaii.

Wouldn't that be even better for the economy?

I never said he was a special case did I? You BHO ass kissers all seem to want to add something to my statements.

so you're against it in general, not just for Obama? fair enough

skull said:
What I said and ALL I said was this little jaunt to Hawaii is costing the tax payers a lot of money. I don't think it's appropriate when BHO is somehow supposed to be a fiscally responsible populist.

Well, he's entitled to a vacation before taking office.... he also needs protection....deal with it.

Again please quote the pissing and moaning. I guess you obsequious BHO sycophants believe everyone who doesn't approve of your idol is pissing and moaning

it's pissing and moaning to even comment on it because really, what do you expect him to do? not take the secret service with him on vacation? Be realistic

I stated what I believe the vacation policy should be. Why don't you try to find any of my posts that show in any way I ever supported GW rather than implying that because I criticize the messiah that I just MUST be a bush supporter. And you call me a fucking idiot.

ibid

Wasn't a member of this forum then was I? And yes he should have been doing his job. Once again your attempts to tie me to a repudlican bush supporter are futile. Again I challenge you to find any post where I was not critical of GW.

I wouldn't know your stance on GW....I'm only lumping you in with all the other cons on the board just like they lump all liberals together...annoying isn't it?!

Well BHO is supposed to personify change is he not?

:lol: how about you let him take office before claiming he's not making changes. Again, he can't refuse secret service detail and he's entitled to go on vacation.

How do you feel about the secret service detail you're paying for for Clinton and all other living Presidents? Does that piss you off too?

so you're against it in general, not just for Obama? fair enough

Well, he's entitled to a vacation before taking office.... he also needs protection....deal with it.

Entitled hmph. Let's see the man was paid his full senate salary while he was campaigning and NOT doing his job as a senator. And yes this goes for McCain too. I think we're all enfuckingtitled to get what we pay for don't you?

it's pissing and moaning to even comment on it because really, what do you expect him to do? not take the secret service with him on vacation? Be realistic

He could take a vacation that doesn't cost us as much couldn't he? Again lead by example.

I wouldn't know your stance on GW....I'm only lumping you in with all the other cons on the board just like they lump all liberals together...annoying isn't it?!

I've only stated my opinion of GW a few thousand times but OK.

:lol: how about you let him take office before claiming he's not making changes. Again, he can't refuse secret service detail and he's entitled to go on vacation.

Again entitled hmph

How do you feel about the secret service detail you're paying for for Clinton and all other living Presidents? Does that piss you off too?

They at least already actually served as president.

Give us a break! It is chrismas time. He is a wealthy dude with a wealthy wife, and He can take time off to party right about now.

I intend to spend the next four years doing my best to ridicule and demean him, but lets stick to queensbury rules here, ok?

And the reality is, the more he vacations, the better off we are, so we should encourage the behavior in any way we can.

They're having his grandmother's memorial service while he's there.

Where are all the loony toons who were whining that he didn't go to his grandmother's funeral? In quiring minds want to know!

not that there was one...and not that he missed it.

:lol: ya'll are seriously going to go there? :lol: that's fucking BRILLIANT!

He's RENTING this house, not buying it. It's owned by a man in Houston in case you can't read.

I suppose now, he shouldn't return to Hawaii to vacation or if he does he should stay in a grass hut to make sure everyone knows he's a "man of the people" :cuckoo:

60g a week, yep he can feel our pain all right.. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I don't think anyone who has posted so far has a problem with a wealthy family taking a very nice vacation.

Where the chuckle comes in is Obama taking a very posh vacation while he lectures the American people about tightening our belts...

Obama has never lectured the American people about tightening our belts.

He's rich from the money he's made. He worked his ass off all year and now he's taking a vacation. That's the American way of doing things.

what does that even mean?

where should be vacation? that is the question? he's FROM Hawaii!! will he be seen as an elitist every time he returns to his home state? :cuckoo:

why don't he stay at grandma's house? for free?

Obama has never lectured the American people about tightening our belts.

He's rich from the money he's made. He worked his ass off all year and now he's taking a vacation. That's the American way of doing things.
Not the conservative way, apparently.

Yes, I don't recall Obama asking anyone to stop going on vacation or to take a lower paying job.

tff

I would think he would want to vacation somewhere where his family and him are safe, wouldn't you? Was there a big fuss like this whenever GWBush took a vacation? I don't recall, but then again, I don't care where he took his vacation either.

bullshit, youse guys bitched everytime GWB took a breath.

Forum List

Back