How the Man of the People Vacations...

what does that even mean?

where should be vacation? that is the question? he's FROM Hawaii!! will he be seen as an elitist every time he returns to his home state? :cuckoo:

He could vacation on the moon .. I don't give a damn. I have no question about where he takes a vacation .. my comment was directed to the "man of the people" bullshit.

bullshit, youse guys bitched everytime GWB took a breath.

awww poor willow, I didn't know you were so in love with Bush that now you'll defend his honor for the next 4 years by attacking Obama over trivial shit...

umm perhaps her APARTMENT is no longer available since she died over a month ago you idiot? She didn't live in a house in case you didn't know.

so he has to have a 60g/week house,, and he deserves it! oh yes hippocrites he deserves it and his private 767 jet aeroplane too.. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

He could vacation on the moon .. I don't give a damn. I have no question about where he takes a vacation .. my comment was directed to the "man of the people" bullshit.

why? is he not the people's choice? it would seem he is. Your personal issues with him do not detract away from the fact that the majority of Americans see him as someone who understands their needs and concerns. and I've yet to hear him call himself a man of the people...that's just more right bullshit, like calling him the messiah.

why? is he not the people's choice? it would seem he is. Your personal issues with him do not detract away from the fact that the majority of Americans see him as someone who understands their needs and concerns. and I've yet to hear him call himself a man of the people...that's just more right bullshit, like calling him the messiah.

By your ridiculous interpretation EVERY politician is a "man of the people."

... AND, the majority of Americans thought the same thing about EVERY president .. until they failed .. and just to be clear, I don't really care what the majority of Americans think.

Silence Wrote:
I guess I missed all these speechs about taking low paying "helpful" jobs that have been given by Michelle and President Elect Obama.....care to share the link to those statements?

Of course I can post the quotes I was referring to for you, I would hate for you to have to look for them yourself. As far as links....well there are about a million...just copy the quote into google and you can take your pick.

Here is Michelle's quote encouraging us to take lower paying jobs:
“We left corporate America, which is a lot of what we’re asking young people to do,” she tells the women. “Don’t go into corporate America. You know, become teachers. Work for the community. Be social workers. Be a nurse. Those are the careers that we need, and we’re encouraging our young people to do that. But if you make that choice, as we did, to move out of the money-making industry into the helping industry, then your salaries respond.”

Now...I find a woman as young as Michelle Obama is, claiming that she "left corporate America" when she is making a six-figure salary and her husband is a young, successful Senator is a bit disingenuous...but you are, of course, entitled to see it however you please.

Here's Obama telling us about our thermostats and cars:
We can’t drive our SUVs and eat as much as we want and keep our homes on 72 degrees at all times ... and then just expect that other countries are going to say OK...

There are also numerous quotes by both Obama's about the fact that Obama feels strongly that we are going to have to sacrifice and give things up to make this country work. You can take your pick of those...I'm not going to waste time trying to find them all - I think he said something to this effect recently when he said that the economy is going to get worse before it gets better.

I think, however, it is safe to state that the Obama's feel that it is important for ALL Americans to sacrifice their own comforts for the betterment of the country, and I think the statements above show that they are not just talking to people who have been living above their means as you imply here:

Silence Wrote
and he's not middle class last time I checked.... I assume he's talking about people who live ABOVE their means....racking up credit card debit, buying cars, houses, etc, that they can't afford.... you know...common sense stuff.

As I said before...I have no problem with the Obama's spending their money however they choose...they can wipe their rear-ends with $50 dollar bills if it makes them happy. But as long as they are encouraging young people to become social workers instead of hospital administrators, criticizing Americans for setting their thermostats too high, and asking all of us to cut back, conserve, and save...I'm going to chuckle when they frolic on tropical vacations. I'll chuckle when John "how many houses do I own again?" McCain says it...and I'll chuckle when Obama says it.

I hope that you are not so in the tank for Obama that you are unable to see the "politician" in him, Silence...we should always be able to chuckle at our leaders...

DavidS Wrote:
Obama has never lectured the American people about tightening our belts.

I disagree. I think a large part of the Obama campaign's message was about the sacrifices Barack was going to ask Americans to make for the good of the country.

Our best vacations have been during the Holiday Season.

I can't wait for Obama to begin sharing everyone's wealth with me, so I can do that again!

Please find me the last thread anyone posted about GW going on vacation BEFORE he was sworn in.

If one exists, I think you'll find that I was not a member of this forum at the time it was posted.

FYI I never voted for GW so stop implying that I am somehow a fan of that idiot.

Bullshit you never voted for bush. I'd bet a months salary you spent the last 8 years defending or making excuses for that asswipe.

Do you really care if Obama goes on vacation with his wife? No, you don't. You're just making it a partisan issue because you hate democrats, and you love George Dumbya Bush.

You know what? I don't give a crap if Obama goes on a vacation and he has to take secret service with him. President elects always get secret service protection, whether they're in Hawaii, or whether their in Washington.

I would think he'd want to spoil his wife with a fancy little vacation after what he put her through. Hell, that's what any good husband would do. He's not poor, he can afford it. And I'm sure he likes to spoil his wife after she worked her ass off on his behalf. Who wouldn't want to spoil their wife after the shit she had to go through.

DavidS Wrote:

I disagree. I think a large part of the Obama campaign's message was about the sacrifices Barack was going to ask Americans to make for the good of the country.

So what? He's not the President yet. He certainly has worked hard and he has enough money to take a vacation.

Is that un-american?

What would you have him do? Sit in the prison at Guantanamo Bay?

DavidS Wrote:

Wasn't it also,handing over your tax dollars for him to spend (waste) as he sees fit... is patriotic? He does have TONS of favors to return after all:tongue:

Here comes the right wing hypocrisy..Here it....comes!

COLUMN: Record Breaker! Bush Takes Most Vacation Days For Sitting President, - CBS News

No, really. You know, the "busy schedule" that has room for 879 days down on the ranch - which, if you're into arithmetic, works out to around 30 percent of eight years.

Maybe Bush's legacy will be "the 70 percent solution."

Of course, that number is much higher now.

I would be more worried with a President that takes that much vacation time DURING his presidency then BEFORE it.

Bullshit you never voted for bush. I'd bet a months salary you spent the last 8 years defending or making excuses for that asswipe.

Show me any of my posts here where I have defended GW. And I'll take that bet please submit your pay stubs for the last month so I can collect.

Do you really care if Obama goes on vacation with his wife? No, you don't. You're just making it a partisan issue because you hate democrats, and you love George Dumbya Bush.

No I don't care if he goes on vacation. I do however care that it is costing the tax payers too much money. And I don't hate anyone. that seems to be more a liberal emotion. You are so quick to lash out at anyone disagreeing with you. Calling me a liar and then failing to support your allegations is just proof that you have no way of validating your lies about me.

Again I challenge you. Find a thread or a post where i have come to the defense of GW or STFU.

You know what? I don't give a crap if Obama goes on a vacation and he has to take secret service with him. President elects always get secret service protection, whether they're in Hawaii, or whether their in Washington.
The Pres Elect does and should get protection. All I am asking for is for him to show a little concern for our financial situation. But you see BHO like any other politician does not believe government spending has any role to play in the economy. Tax spend raise taxes spend some more. And really he hasn't worked so hard in since the last election that he should "need" a vacation. And yes that is my opinion.

I would think he'd want to spoil his wife with a fancy little vacation after what he put her through. Hell, that's what any good husband would do. He's not poor, he can afford it. And I'm sure he likes to spoil his wife after she worked her ass off on his behalf. Who wouldn't want to spoil their wife after the shit she had to go through.

Hell if I got a fancy vacation paid for by the US taxpayers, I'd take it too but I didn't run a campaign for two years while still collecting pay for a job I wasn't doing and promising to "change" the way Washington works did I? He could have taken time off and spoiled his wife and kids without the added expense of carting a couple plane loads of Secret Service men, 3 or 4 armored cars etc etc at taxpayer expense to Hawaii. Like I said, he's not even sworn in yet and we're paying for him to gallivant all over the place.

It's not responsible to be so free with taxpayer money. MY money.

BTW I'll take cash or a cashiers check for settlement of that bet. I wouldn't trust your personal check not to bounce.

Last edited:
DavidS Wrote:

puleeze..... did it ever dawn on anyone that the house could actually be cheaper because it can house secret service and is probably more secure.

did you complain when bush spent more time on vacation than any president ever?

it's disingenuous. and if he weren't going, the same whiners would be whining that he didn't go to granny's memorial service.

it's really boring. and i know this is going to be the modus operandi of the whiners on the right for the next eight years.

of course there was no fuss when Bush took vacation, even as he set the record for the most vacation days EVER taken by a President! He vacationed at his ranch in Texas.....

and yes, I'm sure security is/was a consideration for this particular spot considering that prior to being elected he stayed with his Grandmother in the same apt he grew up in.

This is just more of the right showing their hypocrisy I guess.

Sure there wasn't. Cindy Sheehan. :eusa_whistle:

That being said, I don't give a f*ck where he vactions. I'd be in the Florida Keys right now if I had MY 'druthers.

Forum List

Back