How secure are Synagogues in the US?

i hope they are well protected these days?
Many have installed ballards and have guards (often armed). Also, there have been grants that help provide training to synagogue members. Many have set up their own committees of community security, trained volunteers who carry a phone and an alarm button and are trained to observe, report and de-escalate while waiting for authorities.

When I had better health a few years ago, I would take long walks that occasionally included passing by a synagogue.

I would see young men outside, possibly acting as bodyguards.

Because of the recent campus protesters, I am guessing that synagogues are now on alert.

If any troublemaker starts trouble, he (or she) is liable to get his/her posterior kicked clear across the street!!!

Mine installed a new fence, a new security system, and hired a former Marine to stand at post during services on Shabbos.

I suspect they are no better or worse protected than any large organized meeting places, be it churches, schools, sport venues, etc. Many places and event are being hardened, and I would hope synagogues and churches would be doing likewise. We went to a high school graduation last night. It was at a civic center. Security included metal detectors and wands scanning attendees. It is indeed sad, it has come to this, but necessary in today's society.

Shameful that non-violent religions need to be on defensive in America.

Those who violate anyone's First Amendment rights should face maximum penalties.

I suspect they are no better or worse protected than any large organized meeting places, be it churches, schools, sport venues, etc. Many places and event are being hardened, and I would hope synagogues and churches would be doing likewise. We went to a high school graduation last night. It was at a civic center. Security included metal detectors and wands scanning attendees. It is indeed sad, it has come to this, but necessary in today's society.
Only "necessary" because of leftism.

I am asking as i used to visit synagogoes often here in Germany.

even in calm times there always was parked some police car somewhere …. More or less as a symbolic security

and i was told that unseen police was always somewhere near

Only "necessary" because of leftism.
Partisan finger pointing is not helpful, nor accurate. Both radical sides are dangerous, as we saw in Charlottesville, and on Jan 6, just as BLM protesters and these crazed pro-HAMAS assholes in the news lately coming on campuses to stir up protest.

Partisan finger pointing is not helpful, nor accurate
They are accurate. You created this situation. You protect those who abuse the rights of others while claiming you're protecting the oppressor's "rights".

Political and religious INTIMIDATION is the very definition of TERRORISM. That is what these leftist demonstrators are doing.

They are accurate. You created this situation. You protect those who abuse the rights of others while claiming you're protecting the oppressor's "rights".

Political and religious INTIMIDATION is the very definition of TERRORISM. That is what these leftist demonstrators are doing.
No. I didn't. Been right here, in Tennessee, undoubtedly more conservative than wherever you live. I have no sympathy whatsoever for demonstrators, left or right, Democrat or republican, male or female, adult or juvenile.

Democrats passed special laws protecting baby killing centers to the point that a person can face prison time for merely stopping and looking at the PP building. Not so for Jewish centers of worship.

Partisan finger pointing is not helpful, nor accurate. Both radical sides are dangerous, as we saw in Charlottesville, and on Jan 6, just as BLM protesters and these crazed pro-HAMAS assholes in the news lately coming on campuses to stir up protest.
Only one Radica side is on a Rampage today .

Forum List

Back