How Republicans shut down the government

Plans to defund the Affordable Care Act began soon after Obama started his second term as President, involving a "loose-knit coalition of conservative activists" led by former Attorney General Edwin Meese III, who is also the Ronald Reagan Distinguished Fellow Emeritus in the The Heritage Foundation. Meese's coalition, the Conservative Action Project,, produced a "Memo for the Movement" containing a "blueprint to defunding Obamacare", which said "Conservatives should not approve a CR unless it defunds Obamacare."

Supported by funding from the billionaire Koch brothers and conservative political action committees, the activists worked with Tea Party coalition members of Congress to promote passage of an appropriations bill without any funding for the Affordable Care Act. The tax-exempt organization Freedom Partners, linked to the Koch brothers, distributed over $200 million in 2012 to non-profit organizations opposing the Affordable Care Act.

Republican Mark Meadows of North Carolina's 11th congressional district put the federal government on the road to shutdown. Meadows wrote an open letter on August 21, 2013 to House Speaker John Boehner and Majority Leader Eric Cantor encouraging them to "affirmatively de-fund the implementation and enforcement of ObamaCare in any relevant appropriations bills brought to the House floor in the 113th Congress, including any continuing appropriations bill." The document was signed by 80 of Meadows' Republican colleagues in the House.

United States federal government shutdown of 2013 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The actual facts are that the House passed three different bills within about a week period to fund the government. Harry and Barry rejected all three. Had they accepted one of them, there would be no government shutdown. Since they rejected each one, the government shut down. So who is responsible? Republicans who passed bills to fund the government or Harry and Barry who rejected the bills? The honest answer is Harry and Barry.

Hahahahahahahah. The fact that you actually have convinced yourself of this is breath taking! Could you be anymore of a sheep????

How does it feel to be in the overwhelming minority in terms of understanding what is happening? And you wonder why your life hasn't amounted to much. Use your brain for once.

Plans to defund the Affordable Care Act began soon after Obama started his second term as President, involving a "loose-knit coalition of conservative activists" led by former Attorney General Edwin Meese III, who is also the Ronald Reagan Distinguished Fellow Emeritus in the The Heritage Foundation. Meese's coalition, the Conservative Action Project,, produced a "Memo for the Movement" containing a "blueprint to defunding Obamacare", which said "Conservatives should not approve a CR unless it defunds Obamacare."

Supported by funding from the billionaire Koch brothers and conservative political action committees, the activists worked with Tea Party coalition members of Congress to promote passage of an appropriations bill without any funding for the Affordable Care Act. The tax-exempt organization Freedom Partners, linked to the Koch brothers, distributed over $200 million in 2012 to non-profit organizations opposing the Affordable Care Act.

Republican Mark Meadows of North Carolina's 11th congressional district put the federal government on the road to shutdown. Meadows wrote an open letter on August 21, 2013 to House Speaker John Boehner and Majority Leader Eric Cantor encouraging them to "affirmatively de-fund the implementation and enforcement of ObamaCare in any relevant appropriations bills brought to the House floor in the 113th Congress, including any continuing appropriations bill." The document was signed by 80 of Meadows' Republican colleagues in the House.

United States federal government shutdown of 2013 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The actual facts are that the House passed three different bills within about a week period to fund the government. Harry and Barry rejected all three. Had they accepted one of them, there would be no government shutdown. Since they rejected each one, the government shut down. So who is responsible? Republicans who passed bills to fund the government or Harry and Barry who rejected the bills? The honest answer is Harry and Barry.

Hahahahahahahah. The fact that you actually have convinced yourself of this is breath taking! Could you be anymore of a sheep????

How does it feel to be in the overwhelming minority in terms of understanding what is happening? And you wonder why your life hasn't amounted to much. Use your brain for once.

Using real facts and honesty, prove me wrong. Did or did not the House provide bills to fund government? Did or did not Harry and Barry reject them? What was required to fund government? A bill from the house, passed by the senate and signed by Obama. Of those three items, which ones occurred? I know you're stoopid, but you can't possible be stoopid enough to deny fact and reality can you? Never mind, we already know the answer to that.

LOL. You said it's going to be(gonna) bad. But please move the goal posts. It's what you people do.

Lol. I understand that you are angry that this law has turned out to be a huge travesty....before it really has even begun. This is what you all identify as success when in reality its sub-mediocre at best.

Could you contradict yourself anymore? How can it already be bad when, in your words, "before it really has even begun". You people don't give a shit about facts, consistency or common sense. It's entirely WAY to easy to expose you for the idiots that you are. No wonder you elect people who are willing to shut down the country and go in to default so that you can try and score political points. I say try, because even that half-assed strategy is not working out at all.

I mean, it's obvious what sort of level of intelligence you and the other inbreds possess, so it shouldn't be a surprise that we have low intelligence politicians who are the "leaders" of your failing party.

Garbage in, Garbage out. Be proud of yourselves for being the base of the trash dump.

Obamacare starts full force on January 1. Prior to that, you can sign up. In addition, there are many other activities leading up to the "start" date. The sign up and many of the activities leading up to the start date have been failures. That is how it is bad before it actually begins. A 1st grader could understand that.......which tells us your level of intelligence.

LOL. You said it's going to be(gonna) bad. But please move the goal posts. It's what you people do.

Lol. I understand that you are angry that this law has turned out to be a huge travesty....before it really has even begun. This is what you all identify as success when in reality its sub-mediocre at best.

Could you contradict yourself anymore? How can it already be bad when, in your words, "before it really has even begun". You people don't give a shit about facts, consistency or common sense. It's entirely WAY to easy to expose you for the idiots that you are. No wonder you elect people who are willing to shut down the country and go in to default so that you can try and score political points. I say try, because even that half-assed strategy is not working out at all.

I mean, it's obvious what sort of level of intelligence you and the other inbreds possess, so it shouldn't be a surprise that we have low intelligence politicians who are the "leaders" of your failing party.

Garbage in, Garbage out. Be proud of yourselves for being the base of the trash dump.

You're lashing out now. That's the next step as you ratchet up your anger and embarrass yourself with mindless drivel.

You're lashing out now. That's the next step as you ratchet up your anger and embarrass yourself with mindless drivel.

I honestly don't know how he can keep showing up here and hold his head high with the BS he posts.

Obamacare starts full force on January 1. Prior to that, you can sign up. In addition, there are many other activities leading up to the "start" date. The sign up and many of the activities leading up to the start date have been failures. That is how it is bad before it actually begins. A 1st grader could understand that.......which tells us your level of intelligence.

Such as?

Using real facts and honesty, prove me wrong. Did or did not the House provide bills to fund government? Did or did not Harry and Barry reject them? What was required to fund government? A bill from the house, passed by the senate and signed by Obama. Of those three items, which ones occurred? I know you're stoopid, but you can't possible be stoopid enough to deny fact and reality can you? Never mind, we already know the answer to that.

Hahahahaah. Did those bills fund every law that needed funding? This is where you play semantics games and run away.

I can't wait for you guys crumble and have a Lady Gun Slinger esque catharsis when you find out how wrong this is.
and if they are right.....will you be here saying so?....just askin....

Probably.

I have admitted I was wrong on here before. But, I highly doubt I will be.

ok.....you and Franco are the only 2 who have given me a straight answer on that....everyone else i have asked has either did a dance around the question or just ignored it....

Such as?

You really need to start doing your own heavy lifting and quit expecting someone to take care of you. I'm not Obama and I'm not your mother. This will get you started. There is plenty more out there. If you need help learning how to search the interwebs, the community college usually has little seminars for that.

Gordon Crovitz: ObamaCare's Serious Complications - WSJ.com

Forum List

Back