How Republicans screwed the Pooch...

Henry Ford also insisted that his assembly line workers be paid enough to buy one of his cars.

Even though he could have turned a profit without that requirement.

That's true. So are you saying Ford was correct and the labor unions that demanded more were wrong? Is $58 per hour a wee bit too much for labor?

Nope, not really. Especially when the labor I perform makes the company around $1,000,000 per day. If I screw up I can also COST the company several million dollars in lost production and repairs.

So $58 per hour doesn't seem too much at all in my field.

What field is this?

You seem to have a bit of an overinflated sense of worth. $1,000,000 per day?

Nope, not really. Especially when the labor I perform makes the company around $1,000,000 per day. If I screw up I can also COST the company several million dollars in lost production and repairs.

Every dickhead who screws a nut on a bolt thinks he's responsible for the entire value of the production line.

You don't produce any $1,000,000 per day on your own, dipshit.

That's true. So are you saying Ford was correct and the labor unions that demanded more were wrong? Is $58 per hour a wee bit too much for labor?

Unions can be wrong just as often as corporate directors are. As far as it being "too much," no - as long as the company could comfortably afford it, that was Ford's decision.

Besides, paying above the prevailing market wage tends to attract the best in the profession, which makes your company even more productive and secure in its market leadership.

How's that working out for Detroit?

Detroit screwed the pooch in dozens of other ways...

Henry Ford also insisted that his assembly line workers be paid enough to buy one of his cars.

Even though he could have turned a profit without that requirement.

If you were worth $58/hr, you wouldn't need to join a fraternity of like-minded robots and pay money to thugs to extract $58/hr from your employer.

It really is that simple.

Unions can be wrong just as often as corporate directors are. As far as it being "too much," no - as long as the company could comfortably afford it, that was Ford's decision.

Besides, paying above the prevailing market wage tends to attract the best in the profession, which makes your company even more productive and secure in its market leadership.

How's that working out for Detroit?

Detroit screwed the pooch in dozens of other ways...

That answer is Coleman and Coleman.

Where prison time is a family inheritance.

Forum List

Back