How Netflix Selects Material

The filthy Obama's are on the Board of Directors so you know programming will be screwed up.

That is why there are so many Blacks and queers on their programs. Might as well be called The Soul Train network.
False
Netflix Board of Directors

Richard Barton​

Rodolphe Belmer​

Mathias Döpfner​

Timothy Haley​

Reed Hastings​

Jay Hoag​

Leslie Kilgore​

Strive Masiyiwa​

Ann Mather​

Ted Sarandos​

Brad Smith​

Anne Sweeney​

False
Netflix Board of Directors

Richard Barton​

Rodolphe Belmer​

Mathias Döpfner​

Timothy Haley​

Reed Hastings​

Jay Hoag​

Leslie Kilgore​

Strive Masiyiwa​

Ann Mather​

Ted Sarandos​

Brad Smith​

Anne Sweeney​

I stand corrected. Netflix is just kissing their hateful Black asses. Might as well be on the Board of Directors.

Netflix

@netflix

President Barack Obama and Michelle Obama have entered into a multi-year agreement to produce films and series for Netflix, potentially including scripted series, unscripted series, docu-series, documentaries, and features.

Don't think so.
I recently cancelled NF, but I had it for 10 years, and for those 10 years I kept suggesting the SAME types of materials. The stuff they USED to have but stopped carrying. And they have yet to bring any of it back or start doing what I've been asking for, for 10 years. It just became a waste of money, as they rarely had anything to watch. And the rare things they did have I liked, they fucked over and just DRAAAAAGED out the story lines into 3-5 seasons, instead of just doing ONE GOOD season and leaving it at that. I got bored halfway through and just stopped watching.

And the fuktarded thing is, they STILL segregate DVD's and streaming! WHY??? If you have it on DVD, WHY isn't it also for streaming?????
MORONIC!

They don't care what customers think, thats whey they got rid of the comment sections on the movies and shows. They were going to get rid of the "like" and "dislike" buttons, but people threw a fit, because they want something to rate the movies and shows with. So the left them.
I accidentally clicked on a gay movie and now they keep selecting them for me in my list

S never ends

Netflix uses an automated process in determining what type of movies or series their audience like. They collect data on the type of platform used to watch Netflix, a user's watch history, search queries, and time spent watching a show. Over the years they have developed an algorithm that uses these data elements and other data they collect to determine what users like. Netflix spends a lot of money gathering information about their user preferences and even more money analyzing them.

Netflix does not buy productions for political reason. They buy them for financial reasons.

Netflix does not use the data from the Like and dislike button for selecting material but rather suggesting material you might like by presenting rows and sorting content in the rows so you see the kind of stuff you like first.

This seems more likely:

1665234894152.png

I accidentally clicked on a gay movie and now they keep selecting them for me in my list

S never ends
I guess their system works. They probably have a couple hundred gay and lesbian movies but some of those movies appeal to straights as well as gays.

I guess their system works. They probably have a couple hundred gay and lesbian movies but some of those movies appeal to straights as well as gays.

They turned off the ratings so that they could protect themselvse from knowing how unhappy their customers were.

That is not the action of a business with a plan.

They turned off the ratings so that they could protect themselvse from knowing how unhappy their customers were.

That is not the action of a business with a plan.
Last time I checked they were still there

Last edited:
I bet there is in at least the Biden WH! Joe probably has Sniffovision.
Since woke can be movies about gays and lesbians' or social issues such as mistreatment of immigrants, women, children, criminals or the homeless, or those in extreme poverty, those sympathetic to racial issues, or just about any issue that disturbs conservatives, I would guess about 100 million out of the 220 million subscribers in the world like these movies and most of the rest tolerate them.

Since woke can be movies about gays and lesbians' or social issues such as mistreatment of immigrants, women, children, criminals or the homeless, or those in extreme poverty, those sympathetic to racial issues, or just about any issue that disturbs conservatives, I would guess about 100 million out of the 220 million subscribers in the world like these movies and most of the rest tolerate them.

I wouldn't know. You sound like the woke expert here.

I wouldn't know. You sound like the woke expert here.
I know that conservative call just about anything that displeases them in movies woke.

By definition woke is being aware of and actively attentive to important facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice) which covers most complains conservatives have about movies.

Netflix seems to be a primary target which is understandable because of the 220 million subscribers only 65 million come from the US. About 5% to 10% of the population is homosexual or bisexual Applying that to Netflix would mean about 20 to 30 million subscribers would appreciate gay and lesbian material. And with approximately 15% of the subscribers people of color, about 33 million subscribers would favor movies featuring people of color. It would just be a wild guess as to the number of people who appreciate movies about social injustice in regards to women, children, employees, immigrants, etc... but the number has got to be high because of the number of productions about the subject.

Last edited:
Even so. Hiding from negative feedback, especially valide negative feedback, is not a way to find right answers or products.
How are they hiding from negative feedback? They claim that they use the Like and Dislike data viewers provide in determining what they recommend to viewers. This means the order they present offering to the viewers. I doubt the accuracy.

Netflix claims they use real data of what is watched to determine future offerings.

I know that conservative call just about anything that displeases them in movies woke.

By definition woke is being aware of and actively attentive to important facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice) which covers most complains conservatives have about movies.

Netflix seems to be a primary target which is understandable because of the 220 million subscribers only 65 million come from the US. About 5% to 10% of the population is homosexual or bisexual Applying that to Netflix would mean about 20 to 30 million subscribers would appreciate gay and lesbian material. And with approximately 15% of the subscribers people of color, about 33 million subscribers would favor movies featuring people of color. It would just be a wild guess as to the number of people who appreciate movies about social injustice in regards to women, children, employees, immigrants, etc... but the number has got to be high because of the number of productions about the subject.

If that was true, they wouldn't have need to turn off the ratings button.

How are they hiding from negative feedback? They claim that they use the Like and Dislike data viewers provide in determining what they recommend to viewers. This means the order they present offering to the viewers. I doubt the accuracy.

Netflix claims they use real data of what is watched to determine future offerings.

They ended a 5 star rating program, stopped showing the ratings, and ended viewer reviews.

If that was true, they wouldn't have need to turn off the ratings button.
Netflix has not had the 5 star rating since system since 2017. After testing the thumbs rating system similar to Pandora, Netflix found that they got a 200% increase in responses over the old 5 star system. Personally, I have never like rating systems and pay little attention to them because I often don't like the same movies that other people like. I prefer reviews because you see why people like or dislike a movie.

To make the Netflix recommendation system work for you, you need to rate only movies you really hate or really like leaving the movies that are neutral blank. However, there is no algorithm for determine what you like because everyone's algorithm is different.

Last edited:
Netflix has not had the 5 star rating since system since 2017. After testing the thumbs rating system similar to Pandora, Netflix found that they got a 200% increase in responses over the old 5 star system. Personally, I have never like rating systems and pay little attention to them because I often don't like the same movies that other people like. I prefer reviews because you see why people like or dislike a movie.

To make the Netflix recommendation system work for you, you need to rate only movies you really hate or really like leaving the movies that are neutral blank. However, there is no algorithm for determine what you like because everyone's algorithm is different.

Yes, 5 years ago.

Big deal. They decided to get rid of it, because people were down voting massively the woke shit that they would producing.

They stopped letting people see the numbers, the results of even the yes/no system. WHy?

God Forbid that people would get to see how badly divergent what NETFLIX was making, to what NETFLIX users wanted.

Yes, 5 years ago.

Big deal. They decided to get rid of it, because people were down voting massively the woke shit that they would producing.

They stopped letting people see the numbers, the results of even the yes/no system. WHy?

God Forbid that people would get to see how badly divergent what NETFLIX was making, to what NETFLIX users wanted.
The real measure of Netflix success is certainly not their rating system but the number of subscriptions. In 2016 there were 89 million Netflix subscriptions worldwide. By 2020, the number was 203 million and in 2022 it's 220 million. Netflix hopes to add a million a month, mostly foreign subscribers. There are now 72 million Netflix subscribers in the US and Canada. That means 68 percent of subscribers do not live in North America. Generally speaking these subscribers are more liberal than those in North American. Racial, sexual, and migrant rights are of great interest. Thus we will see much much more "Woke" on Netflix as their offering will be slanted toward what the majority of their subscribers want to see and that is certainly not what American conservatives want to see.

If you're a conservative, Netflix is not the place to be. Hula which is 95% US subscribers would probably be more to your liking. Amazon Prime which has a more limited foreign base than Netflix should have less objectional material. Frndly TV has a strong conservatives offering with lots Hallmark Hall Fame material, game shows, and family sitcoms, etc....

Last edited:
Wow, you really got that definition down pat. You must be a woke progressive to know that so well.
Nope. I forgot to include the link.

Forum List

Back