How Much Should We Fine Them per day ???

How do you figure that? All it takes is to have the EPA use funds already allocated for other things to pay for this. No budget increase! No reward for being wannabee engineers and shit. Nope. No money from the taxpayers. That money is already there.

And WHERE did that money come from Einstein?
It's already funded fool. Every thing they do is our money. So a project gets cancelled and they pay us back. We get our money back costs us nothing.

It's already funded fool. Every thing they do is our money. So a project gets cancelled and they pay us back. We get our money back costs us nothing.

Are you a retard, or did you suffer severe head trauma? WHO funded it?

It is taxpayer money however you want to spin it...PERIOD.

We already gave EPA X billion dollars to run the agency for fiscal 2015. It's more or less certain that they will spend all of it. What is being suggested here is that they get NO MORE money to cover their costs for the spill.

perhaps it was no accident

man what a way for the government to push some new water rules

if anything this stinks like another fast n furious operation

Animas River Massive Waste Spill Turns River Orange

A Massive Waste Spill Turned This River in Colorado Orange
Maya Rhodan @m_rhodan Aug. 6, 2015

Jerry McBride—Durango Herald

Mine waste from the Gold King Mine north of Silverton fills the Animas River at Bakers Bridge on Aug. 6, 2015 in Durango, Colo.

The EPA accidentally caused the spill, reports say

About 1 million gallons of mine waste spilled into a Colorado waterway on Wednesday, turning the water bright orange and prompting officials to warn residents to avoid recreational use of the Animas River.

San Juan County health officials say the Environmental Protection Agency and the state Division of Reclamation, Mining and Safety were investigating

another contamination when they “unexpectedly triggered a large release of mine waste water into the upper portions of Cement Creek.” Cement Creek is a tributary of the Animas River.

animas-river-mine-waste-water-jpeg.jpg

Hey Einstein, if we fine the government, the fine is paid by WHOM...

Take your time...

Hey Einstein, for them to clean it up, is going to be paid by WHOM? Magic money trees they have growing?

The "same" people who will pay for the cleanup (TAXPAYERS) should also be fined?

that worthless government agency should be Abolished and stuff like this left up to THE STATES

This Federal Government has become a MONSTER filled with incompetents

Look what it took them to set a Gawddamn website. they change the laws 20 some times at their whim. They are now COMSUMING us not us in control of them

We already gave EPA X billion dollars to run the agency for fiscal 2015. It's more or less certain that they will spend all of it. What is being suggested here is that they get NO MORE money to cover their costs for the spill.
not much brain power there with that dude.

Exactly. Instead of using their existing budget to fund this study or that research project, they should be told they'll have to forego all that non essential stuff as well as bonuses or the agency Christmas parties, etc. etc. etc. and redirect the funds to the clean up. Simple.

Instead of insulting people you seem to disagree with, how about you make your point clear. It's apparent you disagree with Foxfyre and I, but I have no idea why or what your position is.

Instead of insulting people you seem to disagree with, how about you make your point clear. It's apparent you disagree with Foxfyre and I, but I have no idea why or what your position is.
It seems you understood what I was stating therefore, I was stating that the other poster, was dude, not you. And I insult him because he hasn't the skill set to see past his nose.

As nearly as I could figure out, he said something to the effect that costs and taxes are the same thing, and if one private business has to pay to clean up a mess it made, that everybody else has to pay too. And because I didn't agree with that, I am stupid. :)

As nearly as I could figure out, he said something to the effect that costs and taxes are the same thing, and if one private business has to pay to clean up a mess it made, that everybody else has to pay too. And because I didn't agree with that, I am stupid. :)
nope not you either, it was intended for bfgrn. follow the thread.

I have and if you intended your comments for another member, why did you quote my posts to make insulting personal comments to me? Not that I really care. I generally figure those who can't make a point without personally insulting somebody probably don't know much about what they are talking about anyway. And in this case the point was that when the government has to clean up a mess it made, we ALL pay for that. That is not the case so much when a private business has to clean up a mess it made.

But then again, according to you I don't know or understand anything so oh well. . . .

I have and if you intended your comments for another member, why did you quote my posts to make insulting personal comments to me? Not that I really care. I generally figure those who can't make a point without personally insulting somebody probably don't know much about what they are talking about anyway. And in this case the point was that when the government has to clean up a mess it made, we ALL pay for that. That is not the case so much when a private business has to clean up a mess it made.

But then again, according to you I don't know or understand anything so oh well. . . .
so what part of, it wasn't at you, didn't you understand? again, follow the thread. My reply was to ernie who backed my post. I was merely commenting that the person he replied to had no brain. That ended up being bfgrn. NOT YOU. What the hell, you have no post from me at you, nor any reference therein. Where show me where I posted anything at you insulting?

so what part of, it wasn't at you, didn't you understand? again, follow the thread. My reply was to ernie who backed my post. I was merely commenting that the person he replied to had no brain. That ended up being bfgrn. NOT YOU. What the hell, you have no post from me at you, nor any reference therein. Where show me where I posted anything at you insulting?

So if your Posts 252, 254, and 258 were not directed at me, who were they directed to? If your intent was not to insult me, you really should quote those you intend to insult to avoid that kind of confusion.

So if your Posts 252, 254, and 258 were not directed at me, who were they directed to? If your intent was not to insult me, you really should quote those you intend to insult to avoid that kind of confusion.
looked at those posts and yep, they were in response to you. Exactly how did I insult you?

The company that operated the mine should have cleaned up the site completely. There should have been no tailing pond to tap. The estate of the mining company owners should be the ones paying.

Forum List

Back