How much of Trump's adoration is based on pure celebrity?

I almost feel bad for you Mac/Gigi. I voted for Trump twice and it looks like I will vote for him again, yet I don't give him the scintilla of attention that you do.

My post history vs. yours here confirms this. I would never, have never that I remember, written a "think piece" like this about Trump. For pity's sake. Throughout my day I hardly give him a thought. While you seem OBSESSED.

Your lack of awareness is both sad and funny.
Why do you call "him" Gigi? "He's" a woman?

The dem shill is just pissed that there is nobody on the dem side who is that galvanizing.

Once Tater leaves office I doubt I would even think of him a year later except as the Worst POTUS Ever (WPE).

I figure that's why Jimmy Carter keeps hanging in there.....So we can take Biden's full measure as WPE.

Actually, other than some mild inflation, Biden's term has been pretty successful.

Compared to Trump, where you had mass deaths from a plague (that Biden got under control), mass unemployment (which Biden got us to bounce back from), and riots in the streets (which stopped because Biden addressed the legitimate concerns about police misconduct.)

Some of it is based on celebrity -- since for the most part, the right feels totally left out when it comes to their crop of celebrity right-wingers....because Kevin Sorbo, James Woods and Scott Baio aren't really packing them into the movie theaters

Part of it is also based on being wealthy...since we tend to worship wealth in this country, especially right-wingers...

But the main motivating factor to his worship is just the idea of believing you are "triggering the libs" by doing it....in fact, the more overboard they are with it, the more they feel they are "triggering the libs" -- which is why you see them calling him their King or savior.....anything to "trigger the libs"

There is no both sides to it because the majority of Democratic voters don't view their politicians as entertainment figures....so you won't see us gathering to see someone on stage whine about how unfair everything is to him -- not when we can go see real talented entertainers instead
You are triggered

does that cover the posters here who obsess over trump by doing thread after thread about the guy like skews and the banker?....there is some kind of obsession there also....
Of course there are, people and prosecutors usually have obsessions with criminals, until justice is served.

I once had a supervisor who lied obsessively, and he was so good at it that people enjoyed listening to it even though most of what he said was bullshit.
Trump`s reaction to 911. "I lost hundreds of friends that day" although he didn`t know one person in the twin towers. He then altered it to losing "many many friends" and that too was a lie. He attended no funerals but tried to steal the grief of all the families who lost people on that day. How low can one human being go?

But the main motivating factor to his worship is just the idea of believing you are "triggering the libs" by doing it....in fact, the more overboard they are with it, the more they feel they are "triggering the libs" -- which is why you see them calling him their King or savior.....anything to "trigger the libs"
Y'know, I've seen this a few times, and it just amazes me. I think there is definitely an element of this, but I just don't understand the anger and hatred required for it to be a motivating factor.

Certainly talk radio and the internet saturate them with a personal hatred towards liberals, and I guess that just seeps in to their priorities. Disheartening.

I can't think of another politician who fucked things up as badly as Trump did.

Now, I'll admit I voted for George W. Bush twice. And I wish I could honestly say that what turned me against him was blundering us into a war with Iraq or fouling up the response to Katrina. But I really didn't until he messed up the economy in 2008, and I found myself with an underwater mortgage, a busted 401K and a job that paid 25% less than what I had been making. In short, his incompetence affected me personally.

All that said, I think George is actually a decent guy. I can't say that for Trump, who seems to be a truly awful human being. Heck, even Tricky Dick has taken on a new luster compared to Trump. Nixon took accountability for his mistakes. So did Clinton, to a degree.
joe every politician when they fuck up affects someone personally.....trump was no different.....you look at him differently because the fucking democrats jumped all over the guy the minute he sat in the oval office....you like many others let the trump hysteria take over....

The dem shill is just pissed that there is nobody on the dem side who is that galvanizing.

Once Tater leaves office I doubt I would even think of him a year later except as the Worst POTUS Ever (WPE).

I figure that's why Jimmy Carter keeps hanging in there.....So we can take Biden's full measure as WPE.
Sure..................Trump is the worst president in US history.

Trump's most enduring legacy could be the historic rise in ...​

1694519393861.png
Washington Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com › 2021/01/14 › trum...

Jan 14, 2021 — It rose almost $7.8 trillion during his time in the White House — approaching World War II levels, relative to the size of the economy.

Trump Added More to the National Debt Than Obama and ...​

1694519419622.png
The Daily Beast
https://www.thedailybeast.com › trump-added-more-to...

May 29, 2022 — The fiscally irresponsible 45th president somehow bloated deficits more in four years than his predecessors did in eight.

Trump will have the worst jobs record in modern U.S. history​

1694519489170.png
Washington Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com › 2021/01/08 › trum...

Jan 8, 2021 — President Trump took office at the crest of the longest economic expansion in U.S. history. He leaves presiding over the worst labor market ...

Second Impeachment of Donald Trump​

1694519689303.png
PBS
https://www.pbs.org › newshour › politics-features › tr...

Trump was impeached by the House last month while still in office, the first president ever to be impeached twice. It was a largely party-line vote, but 10 ...

Trump's 4 Cases & 91 Charges - What Are the Different Charges
1694519607505.png
Fulton Grand Jury
https://www.fultongrandjury.com

Understanding the different investigations in New York, Washington DC, Florida, & Georgia. Latest Trump News. The Alleged Crime. TrumpIndicted.

Trump's false or misleading claims total 30573 over 4 years​

1694519776081.png
Washington Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com › 2021/01/24 › trum...

Jan 24, 2021 — When The Washington Post Fact Checker team first started cataloguing President Donald Trump's false or misleading claims, we recorded 492 ...

NO one even comes close.

Attachments

• 1694519607565.png
    1694519607565.png
    407 bytes · Views: 2
  • 1694519607629.png
    1694519607629.png
    339 bytes · Views: 2
  • Disagree
Reactions: DBA

i admit that trump is "galvanizing" and the only dem with that kind of charisma is aoc, bit we do not need or want anything galvanized.

joe is doing as good a job as possible. we are out of afghanistan, the economy is stabilized, covid is under control among the non suicidal population. what's not to like. and history will be much kinder to mr carter (a truly great man and human despite being "born again.) as well.

• Funny
Reactions: DBA
I once had a supervisor who lied obsessively, and he was so good at it that people enjoyed listening to it even though most of what he said was bullshit.
Trump`s reaction to 911. "I lost hundreds of friends that day" although he didn`t know one person in the twin towers. He then altered it to losing "many many friends" and that too was a lie. He attended no funerals but tried to steal the grief of all the families who lost people on that day. How low can one human being go?
Lower than this.

Trump to veterans: Don't believe what you're reading or ...​

1694520147838.png
Inquirer.com
https://www.inquirer.com › Politics › Nation

Jul 24, 2018 — "Just remember, what you are seeing and what you are reading is not what's happening," Trump said. "Just stick with us, don't believe the crap ...

Y'know, I've seen this a few times, and it just amazes me. I think there is definitely an element of this, but I just don't understand the anger and hatred required for it to be a motivating factor.

Certainly talk radio and the internet saturate them with a personal hatred towards liberals, and I guess that just seeps in to their priorities. Disheartening.
It is precisely talk radio and the 40 years of right-wing media which all started with Roger Ailes and his belief that if there was a right-wing media propaganda channel, Nixon would have survived Watergate....so Roger started one......

And after Newt Gingrich and Rush kicked this hate filled propaganda into overdrive, every GOP presidential candidate for the last 30 years that right-wingers turned against (except Bush), they turned against them for not being hateful enough...Bush, they were just embarrassed by because all of that simping for the Iraq War they were doing, blew up in their face...

McCain, they hated him for losing to the black guy and not calling him a Kenyan nggr-muslim and his wife a man to his face.....

Romney, they hated him for losing to the black guy and not calling him a gay-crack-head and saying his daughters aren't real - to his face....There will be a time when they will lament the fact that Trump wasn't hateful enough....

It is precisely talk radio and the 40 years of right-wing media which all started with Roger Ailes and his belief that if there was a right-wing media propaganda channel, Nixon would have survived Watergate....so Roger started one......

And after Newt Gingrich and Rush kicked this hate filled propaganda into overdrive, every GOP presidential candidate for the last 30 years that right-wingers turned against (except Bush), they turned against them for not being hateful enough...Bush, they were just embarrassed by because all of that simping for the Iraq War they were doing, blew up in their face...

McCain, they hated him for losing to the black guy and not calling him a Kenyan nggr-muslim and his wife a man to his face.....

Romney, they hated him for losing to the black guy and not calling him a gay-crack-head and saying his daughters aren't real - to his face....There will be a time when they will lament the fact that Trump wasn't hateful enough....
I often wonder what Rush really thought of what he created.

well at least you are admitting that posters like the banker also have an obsession with the guy...
People will have an obsession with a person who is in the news virtually every single day.
Trump is causing this himself.
He has to remain relevant in any situation.

i admit that trump is "galvanizing" and the only dem with that kind of charisma is aoc, bit we do not need or want anything galvanized.

joe is doing as good a job as possible. we are out of afghanistan, the economy is stabilized, covid is under control among the non suicidal population. what's not to like. and history will be much kinder to mr carter (a truly great man and human despite being "born again.) as well.
You might want to re-access the part in bold the next time you go to the grocery store.....We already know how the botched withdraw affected the US on the world stage.....Russia invaded Ukraine and China is in expansion mode.....Yep, WPE.

Forum List

Back