How Much Is Your Health Insurance Going Up?

hvactec

VIP Member
Jan 17, 2010
New Jersey
Have you gotten a letter from your insurance company about your premiums going up? Has your employer told you that more will be coming out of your paycheck to pay for your health plan?

President Obama promised that Obamacare would lower premiums by $2,500. But instead, Americans everywhere are facing higher premiums because of Obamacare.

George Schwab, who lives in North Carolina, was notified in a letter from Blue Cross Blue Shield on September 23 that his current plan doesn’t meet Obamacare’s benefit requirements and would be canceled at the end of the year. While Blue Cross did suggest a comparable plan, it was $980 more than what he now pays.

“The President told the American people numerous times that… ‘If you like your coverage, you can keep it,’” Schwab told The Charlotte Observer. “How can we keep it if it has been eliminated? How can we keep it if the premium has been increased 430 percent in one year?”

Michael Yount and his wife, a retired couple in North Carolina, buy their individual insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield and pay about $380 a month with an $11,000 deductible. But they were just informed their new plan will be three times the price, costing them $1,124.50 a month, The Christian Science Monitor reported. The couple said they plan to drop out of formal health insurance, pay the penalty, and “self-insure.”

read more
How Much Is Your Health Insurance Going Up?

In terms of "real" dollars your new policy will be less costly than your old one. But new policies are sold for "Obamabucks" which are worth less than 10% of a real dollar. So your premium could go up by nine times and it would still be actually cheaper.

Too bad your pay didn't go up along with the rate of Obamaflation - but, hey, look at all the new pseudo-dollar bills in circulation!

My medical insurance has doubled since Obama took the White House since insurance companies knew what was in store and jacked pricing accordingly. Right now most insurance companies have notified everyone that their previous plans they have had for years are DONE. My guess is the premiums will be double the current price by January when they announce the "new" Obamafied plans. In all honesty, since the medical establishment is a pile of shit for the most part, I might dump insurance completely if it is too outrageous. The only concern I have is something like a rattlesnake bite which is like 100 grand and I do not want the bastards to steal from me when they treat others like illegal invaders for free. Definitely would never stay in a US hospital overnight for any reason. The pieces of shit in US hospitals could not care less about the health of the patients.

Last edited:
So far it looks like 88%. Might be more though....:mad:

Mine will be same. I guess the actual rates might be going up (I won't know) but what wife's employer is charging us to have it is staying the same.

Forum List

Back