How much did Michelle Obama's European vacation cost the US taxpaer

soosie

Rookie
Apr 14, 2009
So much for transparency, the Obamas' travel to Europe on your dime but won't tell us how much it costs. Also how much carbon did they produce by flying around in a private jet?

America may be in the midst of a deep recession, and the nation may be facing unprecedented deficit spending and debt, but the White House will not reveal the cost to taxpayers of the European vacation that first lady Michelle Obama and the president’s two daughters, Malia and Sasha, took last month.

CNSNews.com - White House Won’t Reveal How Much Michelle Obama’s European Vacation Cost Taxpayers

Now now Soosie..you know better than to point out the negatives about the first lady and her spending habits. ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN and SNL will be raking you over the coals pretty soon.

The cost of the First Lady’s vacation could not possibly cure a fraction of the recession. So I don’t see this being a concern to the American people, when billions of dollars that can boast the U.S. economy is spent overseas on the U.S. military.

• Banned
The cost of the First Lady’s vacation could not possibly cure a fraction of the recession. So I don’t see this being a concern to the American people, when billions of dollars that can boast the U.S. economy is spent overseas on the U.S. military.

Spoken like a true liberal....Seeing that the liberals pointed out every time Bush would have down time and just go to Crawford. Which I'm sure didn't cost as much as the first lady's elaborate trip.

Spoken like a true liberal....Seeing that the liberals pointed out every time Bush would have down time and just go to Crawford. Which I'm sure didn't cost as much as the first lady's elaborate trip.

There's a difference between complaining about the first lady going to Europe for "vacationing" (and you forget that the Obama's aren't poor by any means) and Bush going to Crawford.

If you choose to admit that Bush was going to Crawford for vacation, then the man who took the most vacation days ever for a President has a bit more of a responsibility to this country then the first lady wouldn't you say?

There's a difference between complaining about the first lady going to Europe for "vacationing" (and you forget that the Obama's aren't poor by any means) and Bush going to Crawford.

If you choose to admit that Bush was going to Crawford for vacation, then the man who took the most vacation days ever for a President has a bit more of a responsibility to this country then the first lady wouldn't you say?

No, he was available and in control of the Government the entire time he was in Texas and he was not flying jets around nor spending thousands of dollars either.

But the POINT is that Obama promised us TRANSPARENCY and has done everything in his power to obscure everything about his and his wife's past and all of his actions since taking office. If you call this transparency you must be blind stupid and ignorant.

No, he was available and in control of the Government the entire time he was in Texas and he was not flying jets around nor spending thousands of dollars either.

But the POINT is that Obama promised us TRANSPARENCY and has done everything in his power to obscure everything about his and his wife's past and all of his actions since taking office. If you call this transparency you must be blind stupid and ignorant.

He was available and in control but was he doing anything? For example, I can be available while working at a fast food restaurant but it doesn't mean I'm actually doing anything.

Obama did promise transparency and I don't see him saying "we're not going to tell you". It always has been the Secret Service policy to not say how much it costs for them to protect the people under their guard. Besides, the major issue I'm seeing here is the fact she took a vacation to Europe but I never saw one bad article about when Laura Bush went on a separate vacation. I agree they should reimburse the Government for whatever they spent but don't sit there and act like the other side is completely innocent.

He was available and in control but was he doing anything? For example, I can be available while working at a fast food restaurant but it doesn't mean I'm actually doing anything.

Obama did promise transparency and I don't see him saying "we're not going to tell you". It always has been the Secret Service policy to not say how much it costs for them to protect the people under their guard. Besides, the major issue I'm seeing here is the fact she took a vacation to Europe but I never saw one bad article about when Laura Bush went on a separate vacation. I agree they should reimburse the Government for whatever they spent but don't sit there and act like the other side is completely innocent.

maybe you should pay closer attention to Robert Gibbs blundering and gaffing his way through the Q&A's at press conferences. Of course they aren't going to come right out and say "WE"RE NOT GONNA TELL YOU", duhhh!!! But while there was a commitment to be transparent on EVERY issue, it has been mostly smoke screens and redirectioning

it amazes me how you sheep walk so close behind these people that you bump into their ass cracks when they stop walking.

Don’t sweat the small stuff!

This is the problem with America, most of its citizens spend too much time bitching over petty things and pay no attention to the major issues that keeps getting bigger.

So much for transparency, the Obamas' travel to Europe on your dime but won't tell us how much it costs. Also how much carbon did they produce by flying around in a private jet?

America may be in the midst of a deep recession, and the nation may be facing unprecedented deficit spending and debt, but the White House will not reveal the cost to taxpayers of the European vacation that first lady Michelle Obama and the president’s two daughters, Malia and Sasha, took last month.

CNSNews.com - White House Won’t Reveal How Much Michelle Obama’s European Vacation Cost Taxpayers

Psst...hey "Snooooooozie" -- They're not back yet.

How idiotic to think that Barack Obama is the first president to travel abroad with his family at taxpayer expense. Where were YOU, dearie, when Laura and Barbara toured Africa without the president? Do you think that came out of the "family vacation budget"??

Fucking unreal...

You were there?

What is it you'd like to know about Michelle Obama? Something wrong with your Google menu? Or are you more interested in how many white guys she balled in college, that sort of thing...

So you complain about Michelle Obama travelling to try to prove a point about people complaining about Bush travelling.

By doing so, you are a hypocrite...unless you can prove that you had also complained about Bush travelling.

Now, now, people. Be very careful about speaking out about the President. You could be labeled as a terrorist.

Reading the article cited here, I don't see any issue here. Michelle Obama can afford to take a vacation anywhere she wants without having to ask the government to pay for it. The thing is, the Secret Services, as pointed out in the article, is mandated to protect her.

Further, the Obama vacation will be paid for, as set out by the regulations. They will reimburse the cost for what it would have cost them had they not been required to travel with Secret Service protection.

This is simple, straight forward, partisan hackery.

How idiotic to think that Barack Obama is the first president to travel abroad with his family at taxpayer expense. Where were YOU, dearie, when Laura and Barbara toured Africa without the president? Do you think that came out of the "family vacation budget"??

Fucking unreal...
Wingnuts have a totally different set of principles for themselves and "others".
The Bush women's tour of Africa is but one example.

Fucking unreal...
Seriously Grandma. Words mean things.

Words like transparency means something. (Well except for retarded sheep it does.)

No matter how much deflection you pour over it, it still has meaning.

You were there?

What is it you'd like to know about Michelle Obama? Something wrong with your Google menu? Or are you more interested in how many white guys she balled in college, that sort of thing...

Well that didn't take long for the race card. What is it with you libs and the color of people's skin?

:lol: It NEVER ceases to amaze me how you people can get away with the shit you spew on a daily basis.

Hey SOOOOsie, show me ONE time the Bush's ever did this...

Home Decorating With the Obamas

By Erica Orden
Published Mar 29, 2009

At a time when people are having trouble holding on to their houses, Barack and Michelle Obama have sensibly decided not to use taxpayers’ money to renovate theirs. New presidents are allotted $100,000 to overhaul the White House residence and the Oval Office, and the Obamas hired Hollywood decorator Michael S. Smith (known, per his site, for mixing “Old World classicism with very contemporary settings”). But the First Couple isn’t spending that money. They “are not using public funds or accepting donations of goods for redecorating their private quarters,” says Camille Johnston, director of communications for the First Lady. Nor is the couple, who reported $4.2 million in household income in 2007 tax returns, using money from the White House Historical Association, a privately funded foundation that paid for a $74,000 set of china shortly before Laura Bush left town.

But does this mean they’re going to spend more than $100,000 or less? Though Michelle Obama has talked up Pottery Barn, Smith’s client list includes cost-is-no-object types like Rupert Murdoch, Steven Spielberg, and former Merrill Lynch CEO John Thain—for whom he procured that $87,783 rug. “There’s no question that he’ll get it done in the way that it’s supposed to be done,” says Smith client and Democratic donor Katherine Chez. “But how, I don’t know.” The White House declined to disclose the budget, saying that all expenses would remain private as a result of the Obamas’ decision to absorb the cost.

http://nymag.com/news/intelligencer/55679/

Seeing that the liberals pointed out every time Bush would have down time and just go to Crawford. Which I'm sure didn't cost as much as the first lady's elaborate trip.

perhaps, you missed the point about that... no one complained about the COST of baby bush going to Crawford... people complained because he was on vacation more than any other American president... ever....

me? i figured the less he did, the better off we were...

as for "elaborate trips", I figure no matter what "trip" the Obamas take, it won't cost nearly as much as baby bush's little foray into a war of choice in a little place you may have heard of called Iraq.

so do us all a favor and put your faux outrage and pretend fiscal responsibility where it belongs.

Forum List

Back