How many of you knew about the 1890s GOP black newspaper woman fought the Democrats' KKK activities?

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
A daughter of slaves, Ida B. Wells was born in Holly Springs, Mississippi, on July 16, 1862. A journalist, Wells led an anti-lynching crusade in the United States in the 1890s, and went on to found and become integral in groups striving for African-American justice. She died in 1931 in Chicago, Illinois.

In 1898, Wells brought her anti-lynching campaign to the White House, leading a protest in Washington, D.C., and calling for President William McKinley to make reforms. She married Ferdinand Barnett that same year, and was thereafter known as Ida B. Wells-Barnett. While the couple eventually had four children together, Wells remained committed to her social and political activism.
She fought against the Democrat party's strong arm the KKK after one night, Moss and the others guarded their store against attack and ended up shooting several of the white vandals. They were arrested and brought to jail, but they didn't have a chance to defend themselves against the charges—a lynch mob took them from their cells and murdered them.
Working on behalf of all women, Wells, as part of her work with the National Equal Rights League, called for President Woodrow Wilson to put an end to discriminatory hiring practices for government jobs.
But most important she was a staunch supporter of the 2nd Amendment.
Surveying the landscape in the summer of 1892, Ida B. Wells advised, that “the Winchester rifle deserved a place of honor in every Black home.”
Here was the basis for her belief.
Before the Civil War ended, State “Slave Codes” prohibited slaves from owning guns. After President Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation in 1863, and after the Thirteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution abolishing slavery was adopted and the Civil War ended in 1865, States persisted in prohibiting blacks, now freemen, from owning guns under laws renamed “Black Codes.” They did so on the basis that blacks were not citizens, and thus did not have the same rights, including the right to keep and bear arms protected in the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, as whites. This view was specifically articulated by the U.S. Supreme Court in its infamous 1857 decision in Dred Scott v. Sandford to uphold slavery.
Laws Designed To Disarm Slaves, Freedmen, And African-Americans
And the biggest supporters of forbidden Blacks from having guns: The Democrats! The same group that supported the KKK.
Founded in 1866, the Ku Klux Klan (KKK) extended into almost every southern state by 1870 and became a vehicle for white southern resistance to the Republican Party’s Reconstruction-era policies aimed at establishing political and economic equality for blacks.
Its members waged an underground campaign of intimidation and violence directed at white and black Republican leaders. Though Congress passed legislation designed to curb Klan terrorism, the organization saw its primary goal–the reestablishment of white supremacy–fulfilled through Democratic victories in state legislatures across the South in the 1870s.
Ku Klux Klan - Facts & Summary - HISTORY.com

Last edited:
The Klan did not even exist in the 1890s.

/thread

Why do you have to be so STUPID and NOT check the Internet before you show your IGNORANCE!!!
Screen Shot 2016-09-04 at 10.26.33 PM.png

Last edited:
A daughter of slaves, Ida B. Wells was born in Holly Springs, Mississippi, on July 16, 1862. A journalist, Wells led an anti-lynching crusade in the United States in the 1890s, and went on to found and become integral in groups striving for African-American justice. She died in 1931 in Chicago, Illinois.

In 1898, Wells brought her anti-lynching campaign to the White House, leading a protest in Washington, D.C., and calling for President William McKinley to make reforms. She married Ferdinand Barnett that same year, and was thereafter known as Ida B. Wells-Barnett. While the couple eventually had four children together, Wells remained committed to her social and political activism.
She fought against the Democrat party's strong arm the KKK after one night, Moss and the others guarded their store against attack and ended up shooting several of the white vandals. They were arrested and brought to jail, but they didn't have a chance to defend themselves against the charges—a lynch mob took them from their cells and murdered them.
Working on behalf of all women, Wells, as part of her work with the National Equal Rights League, called for President Woodrow Wilson to put an end to discriminatory hiring practices for government jobs.
But most important she was a staunch supporter of the 2nd Amendment.
Surveying the landscape in the summer of 1892, Ida B. Wells advised, that “the Winchester rifle deserved a place of honor in every Black home.”
Here was the basis for her belief.
Before the Civil War ended, State “Slave Codes” prohibited slaves from owning guns. After President Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation in 1863, and after the Thirteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution abolishing slavery was adopted and the Civil War ended in 1865, States persisted in prohibiting blacks, now freemen, from owning guns under laws renamed “Black Codes.” They did so on the basis that blacks were not citizens, and thus did not have the same rights, including the right to keep and bear arms protected in the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, as whites. This view was specifically articulated by the U.S. Supreme Court in its infamous 1857 decision in Dred Scott v. Sandford to uphold slavery.
And the biggest supporters of forbidden Blacks from having guns: The Democrats! The same group that supported the KKK.
Founded in 1866, the Ku Klux Klan (KKK) extended into almost every southern state by 1870 and became a vehicle for white southern resistance to the Republican Party’s Reconstruction-era policies aimed at establishing political and economic equality for blacks.
Its members waged an underground campaign of intimidation and violence directed at white and black Republican leaders. Though Congress passed legislation designed to curb Klan terrorism, the organization saw its primary goal–the reestablishment of white supremacy–fulfilled through Democratic victories in state legislatures across the South in the 1870s.
Yep the republican party stood for good once. Sad what's happened to it.

Well thanks for the 411.. I guess those people back then were pissed off at blacks being some what equal but separate,,even in GOP areas of control..

Well thanks for the 411.. I guess those people back then were pissed off at blacks being some what equal but separate,,even in GOP areas of control..
What areas of control? The states under Democrat control were the ones that had....
Again what do you mean by control???

The past is gone, the future is an illusion, all we have is right now. Right now the republican party has a problem and trying to disingenuously pin the racist label on liberals is not going to help. You all know the stormfronters are in love with your candidate and you don't seem to care. Take care of the haters in your midst before trying to take the moral high ground on this issue.

The past is gone, the future is an illusion, all we have is right now. Right now the republican party has a problem and trying to disingenuously pin the racist label on liberals is not going to help. You all know the stormfronters are in love with your candidate and you don't seem to care. Take care of the haters in your midst before trying to take the moral high ground on this issue.
So what's your point? You have terrorists supporting your party! It doesn't get much worse than a presidential candidate who is in bed with countries that cut off women's clits, stone them to death when they're raped, hang homosexuals and throw them off buildings, and cut off people's heads who don't praise the pedophile prophet Muhammed. And as far as the racist label goes, yeah, Democrats created the KKK, gave us Jim Crow laws, opposed the Civil Rights Act and had a former KKK Exalted Cyclops for their Senate Majority Leader. You deserve the racist label, as well as the terrorist label.

Are YOU calling ME a hater???? Do you know how stupid that is? Hating is a waste of energy! I had a black cousin in the midwest in the 1950s you ignorant idiot and calling me a "racist"???? I've meet Herman Cain the former CEO of Godfather's pizza and bought his book. His Dad was a black chauffeur for
Coca-cola and Herman, along with Dr. Ben Carson who has a CV over 36 pages long... are all BLACK! And like me can't waste time "hating"!
The issue I brought up though is how disingenuous the Democrat party is over supposedly being all for Civil Rights for the Blacks.

Are you aware that the Civil Rights Act that these unscrupulous Democrats assume was theirs was actually signed and this is the FACT...
When the bill came before the full Senate for debate on March 30, 1964, the "Southern Bloc" of 18 southern Democratic Senators and one Republican Senator led by Richard Russell (D-GA) launched a filibuster to prevent its passage.[15]
Said Russell: "We will resist to the bitter end any measure or any movement which would have a tendency to bring about social equality and intermingling and amalgamation of the races in our (Southern) states."[16]

The most fervent opposition to the bill came from Senator Strom Thurmond (D-SC): "This so-called Civil Rights Proposals, which the President has sent to Capitol Hill for enactment into law, are unconstitutional, unnecessary, unwise and extend beyond the realm of reason. This is the worst civil-rights package ever presented to the Congress and is reminiscent of the Reconstruction proposals and actions of the radical Republican Congress."[17]
Civil Rights Act of 1964 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Goldwater was one of just six Senate Republicans to vote against the bill in 1964,
while 21 Senate Democrats opposed it.
It passed by an overall vote of 73-27.
In the House, 96 Democrats and 34 Republicans voted against the Civil Rights Act, passing with an overall 290-130 vote.
While most Democrats in both chambers voted for it, the bulk of the opposition still was from Democrats.

Time magazine even largely credited Senate Minority Leader Everett Dirksen (R-Ill.) for pushing the sweeping legislation through, putting him on the cover after final passage.
Who’s Really Responsible for the Civil Rights Act?

Are YOU calling ME a hater????
I don't know a thing about you except you cut/paste other people's words to speak for you. Introspection is not exactly a common trait among republicans so it's not like I expected anything from you except more cut/paste and no admission that the right owns organized white supremacy now.

The Klan did not even exist in the 1890s.

/thread

Why do you have to be so STUPID and NOT check the Internet before you show your IGNORANCE!!!
View attachment 88301

I don't need a link, Gummo. This is my field of expertise. The original Klan was founded in 1865 and was wiped out in less than ten years-- roughly 1873. From then until 1915 when "Colonel Joe" Simmons started a new one --- there was no Klan.

--- which means, at no time during the entire 1890s did the Ku Klux Klan exist.

Period.

Prove me wrong.

What areas of control? The states under Democrat control were the ones that had....
Again what do you mean by control???

In 1819 Liberia was founded as a colony for free blacks to be resettled because the northerners were very racist towards blacks and they felt that blacks would never be assimilated in the US, and the slave holders didn't want free blacks to cause blacks slaves to riot..

But most black Americans weren’t buying. Seeking their support, Lincoln met with a black delegation at the White House on Aug. 14, 1862, and made the case for colonization. It was widely considered a failure. Lincoln offended his visitors, and others who read the after-the-fact newspaper coverage, by saying such things as, "It is better for us both, therefore, to be separated" and that for blacks to refuse to colonize elsewhere would be "extremely selfish."
Did Abraham Lincoln plan to send ex-slaves to Central America after the Civil War?

"I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality.”-Lincoln

“You and we are different races. We have between us a broader difference than exists between almost any other two races. Whether it is right or wrong I need not discuss, but this physical difference is a great disadvantage to us both, as I think your race suffers very greatly, many of them, by living among us, while ours suffers from your presence. In a word, we suffer on each side. If this is admitted, it affords a reason at least why we should be separated.”-Lincoln

In 1890 the Supreme Court upheld state sponsored segregation, which was US policy until 1964.....Even in GOP areas of control...

I don't know a thing about you except you cut/paste other people's words to speak for you. Introspection is not exactly a common trait among republicans so it's not like I expected anything from you except more cut/paste and no admission that the right owns organized white supremacy now.

I can tell you something about him.

This guy once put up a thread about ---- I'm in no way making this up ----- which hand O'bama wipes himself with on the shitter.

For true. That's the level of intellect you're dealing with here.

Hey OP --- you figure out which hand Abe Lincoln used yet? Fucking dumb shit....

I can tell you something about him.

This guy once put up a thread about ---- I'm in no way making this up ----- which hand O'bama wipes himself with on the shitter.

For true. That's the level of intellect you're dealing with here.

Hey OP --- you figure out which hand Abe Lincoln used yet? Fucking dumb shit....

Boy it is really apparent that you are a practitioner of Coprophilia by your continued fascination with playing with your poop!
It is interesting that whenever confronted with the facts you devolve to playing with crap.
Maybe you should visit this site:
Faecal attraction: A beginner’s guide to coprophilia
Faecal attraction: A beginner’s guide to coprophilia

Forum List

Back