How many lives does this stunt save? Giant condom on display in Buenos Aires

KarlMarx

May 9, 2004
For World AIDS day....

A *little* over the top... I'd say

r3788257887.jpg

Like I've always said "There's no class like NO CLASS"

It's stupid. Waste of money. It's a stunt. The people who orangize that shit are only interested in hedonism and acceptance of immorality. There's NOBODY who thinking... "Man, I'm gonna nail this chick...but..wait...I seem to remember a large tower wearing a condom."

World AIDS Day should focus on helping Homosexuals, and others cease their dangerous behaviors.

:)

dmp said:
It's stupid. Waste of money. It's a stunt. The people who orangize that shit are only interested in hedonism and acceptance of immorality. There's NOBODY who thinking... "Man, I'm gonna nail this chick...but..wait...I seem to remember a large tower wearing a condom."

World AIDS Day should focus on helping Homosexuals, and others cease their dangerous behaviors.

Are you crazy? While that would certainly help with the whole "epidemic" thing, it also requires a value judgement, and we can't have that.

Also, seeing that thing makes me worried. It's only a matter of time until some liberal Democrat thinks it'll be good idea to commemorate AIDS Day by sticking a condom on the Washington Monument.

theim said:
Are you crazy? While that would certainly help with the whole "epidemic" thing, it also requires a value judgement, and we can't have that.

Also, seeing that thing makes me worried. It's only a matter of time until some liberal Democrat thinks it'll be good idea to commemorate AIDS Day by sticking a condom on the Washington Monument.

I once got into an email argument with a Harvard women's studies law professor about whether or not there is a prevalence of phallic imagery in the United States. She claimed that missiles and the Washington monument were all examples of man's obsession with his own cock, and the need to model everything after it. :cuckoo:

I politely informed her that, while I have no idea as to the inspiration for the structure of the monument, missiles looked like they do strictly because of aerodynamics, not because we want to throw exploding penises at our enemies... although that is kind of funny when you think about it...

The ClayTaurus said:
I once got into an email argument with a Harvard women's studies law professor about whether or not there is a prevalence of phallic imagery in the United States. She claimed that missiles and the Washington monument were all examples of man's obsession with his own cock, and the need to model everything after it. :cuckoo:

I politely informed her that, while I have no idea as to the inspiration for the structure of the monument, missiles looked like they do strictly because of aerodynamics, not because we want to throw exploding penises at our enemies... although that is kind of funny when you think about it...

...and I have never seen a penis without a pronounced 'head'...Missiles look more like...hrm...tampons.

The ClayTaurus said:

Jeez Louise and the Seven Seas... what an absolutely ignornant set of statments... there is nothing more dangerous than pure ignorance in action(emphasis on the IGNORE part of ignorance), especially when that ignorance has a political agenda behind it.

That professor sounds like penis-envy personified.

That professor of women's studies had better get a job in real acadmics, rather than the pseudo-scientific bullcrap field like "women's studies".... she might as well be a professor of astrology, conjuring, or tarot card reading. Women's studies is not a field of study, it is pure bullshit and a field for unemployable dykes and women that hate men.

The Washington Monument was based on, I believe, the obelisks of the Ancient Egyptians (some of which were carted off by the Romans when they conquered that country, one of which stands in the center of St. Peter's Square in Rome). Some Egyptologists believe they represented the sun's rays beaming down from the sky. The monument, like many other monuments in Washington, was based on on the architecture of the Greeks and Romans.

This obelisk was "erected" (no pun intended) by Hatshepsut, a FEMALE Pharaoh (one of the few)....

templeentrance3.jpg

The similarity to a phallus is purely coincidental.... (unlike that so-called "professor")

P.S. The ancient Egyptians did have a fertility god, Min, who was represented with a perpetually erect penis, but hey, he was a fertility god.... that was part of his act! The obelisks had nothing to do with Min, but everything to do with Amun-Ra, who was a blend of the sun god Ra and Amun, the "hidden" god.

KarlMarx said:
Jeez Louise and the Seven Seas... what an absolutely ignornant set of statments... there is nothing more dangerous than pure ignorance in action(emphasis on the IGNORE part of ignorance), especially when that ignorance has a political agenda behind it.

That professor sounds like penis-envy personified.

That professor of women's studies had better get a job in real acadmics, rather than the pseudo-scientific bullcrap field like "women's studies".... she might as well be a professor of astrology, conjuring, or tarot card reading. Women's studies is not a field of study, it is pure bullshit and a field for unemployable dykes and women that hate men.

The Washington Monument was based on, I believe, the obelisks of the Ancient Egyptians (some of which were carted off by the Romans when they conquered that country, one of which stands in the center of St. Peter's Square in Rome). Some Egyptologists believe they represented the sun's rays beaming down from the sky. The monument, like many other monuments in Washington, was based on on the architecture of the Greeks and Romans.

This obelisk was "erected" (no pun intended) by Hatshepsut, a FEMALE Pharaoh (one of the few)....

kahatni.jpg

The similarity to a phallus is purely coincidental.... (unlike that so-called "professor")

P.S. The ancient Egyptians did have a fertility god, Min, who was represented with a perpetually erect penis, but hey, he was a fertility god.... that was part of his act! The obelisks had nothing to do with Min, but everything to do with Amun-Ra, who was a blend of the sun god Ra and Amun, the "hidden" god.
Here, enjoy an excerpt from my smarmier days:

My EMAIL said:
> At 04:38 PM 4/1/2003 -0500, you wrote:
> >Hello,
> >
> >I am a senior at the University of Michigan, majoring in Naval Architecture
> &
> >Marine Engineering. I recently read an online article published on Monday,
> >February 24, 2003 in The Crimson.
> >
> >The title of the article is: "Ruined Snow Penis Stimulates Debate."
> >
> >The URL for the article is:
> http://www.thecrimson.com/article.aspx?ref=274155
> >
> >In the article, you are quoted referring to missiles as part of "a long
> line
> >of public phallic symbols." While I cannot speak for anything else in the
> >article, including the Washington Monument, I can tell you, from an
> >engineering standpoint, that missiles are designed specifically based on
> >aerodynamic principles. Theses same principles account for the design of
> >torpedoes and submarines, as well as the fuselage of an airplane. The fact
> >that there is a coincidental likeness to a phallus is exactly that;
> >coincidence. The Washington Monument very well may be a public phallic
> >symbol, I have no idea,
> >but missiles definitely are not. They're designed to travel precisely along a pre-
> >determined path and then explode. Any other connection drawn is one that
> was
> >created, and not inherently present.
> >
> >I realize it's quite a minor point, and I apologize if my engineering
> >nerdiness has upset you at all, but I just felt the need to offer my
> opinion.
> >
> >Thanks for your time,
> >
> >-C
> >NA&ME

Quoting Diane Rosenfeld <[email protected]>:

[Hide Quoted Text]
> Thanks, Chris. It's been enlightening the extent to which a minor comment I
> made has been taken out of context to such a ridiculous extent. My concern
> was with victims of sexual violence encountering a symbol that was
> threatening and problematic, not really about the design of missiles!
>
> Best,
> Diane
>
>

>
> Diane L. Rosenfeld
> Harvard Law School
>
>
>

Hey no problem, it's my concern as well. I just hate to see your arguments
lose credibility due to a minor comment. Good luck with the fight, I'll get to
work on less phallic-like missiles.

-C

They are infatuated with the thought they these kind of gimmicks actually shock people. It also is an example of their intolerance of people who prefer that sexual modesty take center stage in the public arena.

dilloduck said:
They are infatuated with the thought they these kind of gimmicks actually shock people. It also is an example of their intolerance of people who prefer that sexual modesty take center stage in the public arena.
One could claim the inverse if the condom wasn't there, or forced to be taken down, no?

dilloduck said:

Dillo, dillo, dillo

it's not modesty.... it's sexual REPRESSION!!!!!!

Geeez!!!!! :)

P.S. the same repression that prevents you from getting a big disease with a little name and helps keep your good reputation...

The ClayTaurus said:
One could claim the inverse if the condom wasn't there, or forced to be taken down, no?

An obelisk is just an obelisk--no one was screaming to have it taken down that I am aware of. The AIDS awareness folks just couldnt resist turning it into a penis by draping it with a condom.

dilloduck said:
An obelisk is just an obelisk--no one was screaming to have it taken down that I am aware of. The AIDS awareness folks just couldnt resist turning it into a penis by draping it with a condom.

Not tearing down the obelisk, but removing the condom. Aren't you then being intollerant of those who are "sexually unmodest"?

dilloduck said:

Is it AIDS awareness or is it AIDS obsession? Is it education or is it simply exhibitionism?

I wonder just who actually is obsessed with penises anyway? It seems like the feminists and gays definitely are.... the rest of us don't think of them except when we go to the bathroom (i.e. us men), make love, or are forced to listen another diatribe from our friendly neighborhood AIDS or gay rights activist (or professors of "women's studies")

KarlMarx said:
Is it AIDS awareness or is it AIDS obsession? Is it education or is it simply exhibitionism?

I wonder just who actually is obsessed with penises anyway? It seems like the feminists and gays definitely are.... the rest of us don't think of them except when we go to the bathroom (i.e. us men), make love, or are forced to listen another diatribe from our friendly neighborhood AIDS or gay rights activist (or professors of "women's studies")
It's totally exhibitionism, that's the point. To have something so outrageous that people will almost be forced to pay attention. Tasteful or not, it definitely has served it's purpose of drawing attention to the issue.

KarlMarx said:

I'm afraid it's also another attempt to get people to accept the homosexual lifestyle by using the pity method. Either way, everyone knows that AIDS is a horrible worldwide epidemic and has thousands of scientists armed with billions of dollars looking for cures and vaccines. It's not that anyone is unaware and presumtuous to think that nobody cares.
(Vaginas transmit aids too--how about a big statue of a female torso wearing a chastity belt?

dilloduck said:
I'm afraid it's also another attempt to get people to accept the homosexual lifestyle by using the pity method. Either way, everyone knows that AIDS is a horrible worldwide epidemic and has thousands of scientists armed with billions of dollars looking for cures and vaccines. It's not that anyone is unaware and presumtuous to think that nobody cares.
(Vaginas transmit aids too--how about a big statue of a female torso wearing a chastity belt?
The giant condom is a gay thing now?

This professor did not criticize President Clinton for not using a condum on the cigar with Monica...after all isn't tobacco carcinogenic? :dunno:

Forum List

Back