How many lives does this stunt save? Giant condom on display in Buenos Aires

Discussion in 'Politics' started by KarlMarx, Dec 2, 2005.

1. KarlMarx

KarlMarx Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +490
    For World AIDS day....

A *little* over the top... I'd say

[​IMG]

Like I've always said "There's no class like NO CLASS"

2. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    It's stupid. Waste of money. It's a stunt. The people who orangize that shit are only interested in hedonism and acceptance of immorality. There's NOBODY who thinking... "Man, I'm gonna nail this chick...but..wait...I seem to remember a large tower wearing a condom."

World AIDS Day should focus on helping Homosexuals, and others cease their dangerous behaviors.

:)

3. theim

theim Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +234
    Are you crazy? While that would certainly help with the whole "epidemic" thing, it also requires a value judgement, and we can't have that.

Also, seeing that thing makes me worried. It's only a matter of time until some liberal Democrat thinks it'll be good idea to commemorate AIDS Day by sticking a condom on the Washington Monument.

4. The ClayTaurus

The ClayTaurus Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +333
    I once got into an email argument with a Harvard women's studies law professor about whether or not there is a prevalence of phallic imagery in the United States. She claimed that missiles and the Washington monument were all examples of man's obsession with his own cock, and the need to model everything after it. :cuckoo:

I politely informed her that, while I have no idea as to the inspiration for the structure of the monument, missiles looked like they do strictly because of aerodynamics, not because we want to throw exploding penises at our enemies... although that is kind of funny when you think about it...

5. dmp

dmp Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +741
    ...and I have never seen a penis without a pronounced 'head'...Missiles look more like...hrm...tampons.

:)

6. KarlMarx

KarlMarx Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +490
    Jeez Louise and the Seven Seas... what an absolutely ignornant set of statments... there is nothing more dangerous than pure ignorance in action(emphasis on the IGNORE part of ignorance), especially when that ignorance has a political agenda behind it.

That professor sounds like penis-envy personified.

That professor of women's studies had better get a job in real acadmics, rather than the pseudo-scientific bullcrap field like "women's studies".... she might as well be a professor of astrology, conjuring, or tarot card reading. Women's studies is not a field of study, it is pure bullshit and a field for unemployable dykes and women that hate men.

The Washington Monument was based on, I believe, the obelisks of the Ancient Egyptians (some of which were carted off by the Romans when they conquered that country, one of which stands in the center of St. Peter's Square in Rome). Some Egyptologists believe they represented the sun's rays beaming down from the sky. The monument, like many other monuments in Washington, was based on on the architecture of the Greeks and Romans.

This obelisk was "erected" (no pun intended) by Hatshepsut, a FEMALE Pharaoh (one of the few)....

[​IMG]

The similarity to a phallus is purely coincidental.... (unlike that so-called "professor")

P.S. The ancient Egyptians did have a fertility god, Min, who was represented with a perpetually erect penis, but hey, he was a fertility god.... that was part of his act! The obelisks had nothing to do with Min, but everything to do with Amun-Ra, who was a blend of the sun god Ra and Amun, the "hidden" god.

7. The ClayTaurus

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +333
    Here, enjoy an excerpt from my smarmier days:

8. dilloduck

dilloduck Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,403
    They are infatuated with the thought they these kind of gimmicks actually shock people. It also is an example of their intolerance of people who prefer that sexual modesty take center stage in the public arena.

9. The ClayTaurus

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +333
    One could claim the inverse if the condom wasn't there, or forced to be taken down, no?

10. KarlMarx

KarlMarx Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +490
    Dillo, dillo, dillo

it's not modesty.... it's sexual REPRESSION!!!!!!

Geeez!!!!! :)

P.S. the same repression that prevents you from getting a big disease with a little name and helps keep your good reputation...