Votes: 2 6.9%
  • 100+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I said 2-5 but I think more...
Canada, Mexico, Cayman Islands, Jamaica, Bahamas, Chicago and England

Favorite was England.

Last edited:
26 different countries is what I've been to, but that was helped out by the fact that I served 20 years in the U.S. Navy.

Favorite destination? Either Palma or Ibiza Spain, 2 islands on the Mallorcan chain in the Med, but only when it's summer.

THE best was the southern coast of Spain for a week.
Also:
Holland tulip festival
Mountains of southern Germany
Ozark mountains in the fall

Jumped with the Canadians in Canada, jumped with the English in England, and with our very own 10th Group. Airborne. Weeeee :mm:

Egypt smelled awful. The men were disgraceful and grabby and one tried to buy me for 16 camels. Lol. That's my camel story.

Once we got into the wilderness it was beautiful. I saw so many dead Wildebeests, eaten by lions. But besides that it was beautiful.

You saw Wildebeest in Egypt? Really?

I wouldn't have thought there were any Wildebeet north of Kenya, but maybe there are....

26 different countries is what I've been to, but that was helped out by the fact that I served 20 years in the U.S. Navy.

Favorite destination? Either Palma or Ibiza Spain, 2 islands on the Mallorcan chain in the Med, but only when it's summer.

Yeah, 26 is getting up there...although you hve a little way to catch me up yet!

Spain is always wondeful, but damn it can be hot in summer these days. It is one of the countries where you can really see the impacts of climate change - and it is often up to 45C in Madrid now. Too hot for me, and I like hot weather.

Last edited:
Yeah, 26 is getting up there...although you hve a little way to catch me up yet!

- you're in a small elite group of posters there!

Probably you, me and Sunni Man!

............ :rolleyes:

What a pretentious asshole.

yep. i was in ramallah, bethlehem and hebron. totally elite like.

Cool. I haven't been to Ramallah, but Hebron and Bethlehem are amazing places.

I spent one Xmas Eve in Bethlehem (as you do), and it was extraodinary, if rather tense.

I'd be interested to hear about your experiences there sometime.

Last edited:
...and what is your favourite travel destination?

England, France/North and South, Greece, Sardinia, Italy (same country, but WAY different), Spain, Scotland, Israel, Egypt.

Greece is the best place for the young and horny.
England and Israel for all the cool historic stuff.
Egypt, yuck. It would take a LOT of money and property to get me to go back to that shithole.

forgot Mexico.

I love Egypt and Israel both...but Egypt isn't the easiest destinaton. And of course, there is some luck involved in how trips go. But I have only had good experiences in Egypt.

Sardinia I haven't been to - I have always thought it looked great.

Sardinia isn't bad. Not great, either. Kind of meh. Although I did buy some beautiful pearl earrings and necklace while I was there for the woman in my life that she went nuts over.

And I'm with Two Thumbs on Egypt. The people there suck. Thieving bastards. Count your fingers and toes after engaging in any financial transaction.

Last edited:
I must say the part of traveling I enjoy the most is the haggling with shopkeepers around the world.

I love haggling. Love it, love it, love it. I love the role each participants plays. The gestures, eye rolling, slapping of the forehead, the dance. It's a fine art.

In most places in the US, prices are fixed. You can haggle here and there, but it never approaches the drama of, say, a Middle Eastern marketplace.

I should be in the import/export business. :lol:

Last edited:
I must say the part of traveling I enjoy the most is the haggling with shopkeepers around the world.

I love haggling. Love it, love it, love it. I love the role each participants plays. The gestures, eye rolling, slapping of the forehead, the dance. It's a fine art.

In most places in the US, prices are fixed. You can haggle here and there, but it never approaches the drama of, say, a Middle Eastern marketplace.

I should be in the import/export business. :lol:

I agree!

It is great fun, halfway between and art and drama class.

And in Marrakesh, Istanbul, Cairo are the best places in the world...also Accra or Kumasi....magical fun.

At least, it is fun if you are in the mood for it. Sometime in places like India it can be just exhausting.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back