How Long Will Obama Let Our Troops Die in Afghanistan?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by KMAN, Oct 5, 2009.

1. KMAN

KMAN Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +269
  2. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,439
    because bush had no strategy and if the generals can't justify continued troops or any continued strategy, I figure they'll be gone.

The better question, idiot, is why yiou care now.

oh right... you don't.

freak.

3. Si modo

Si modo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,703
    The only strategy BHO has is the same as GWB. He has yet to set one of his own.

Regardless, I hate using troops/war for a partisan point; that's why I'm not using that rhetoric..

4. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,439
    actually, that isn't true as far as i can tell. I think Afghanistan was rudderless for all of Bush's tenure there... I'm glad it's being focused on now. But if there isn't some strategy and a true reason for being there, it's time to get out. I don't think reasonable people would disagree on that.

But threads like this are just more of the "k's' idiocy...

you haven't been here to see it for long. but it's a quite a thing to behold.

and i don't think it should be used for partisanship either. i'd like to see intelligent decisions made and then get the troops out if there's no reason to be there.

5. wethepeople

wethepeople BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9
    barry soetoro is a nitwit!! couldn't find his azz with a roadmap!!! this country is phucked with no nothing obama sitting in our whitehouse!! 666= barry hussein!!

6. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,540
    Iraq strategy is similar to what Bush laid out with a removal of troops from hot zones and a gradual drawdown.

Bush did not care about Afghanistan. In his mind he had declared victory and was content to let the Taliban slowly reestablish themselves. As much as I'd like to just say screw it..pull everyone out, Unless the Afghan government (if you would call it that) can maintain some type of control, the Taliban will reestablish power and welcome back AlQaeda

7. Si modo

Si modo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,703
    Jillian, BHO has had McChrystal's recommendation for Afghanistan since before Labor Day and is still not acting on or against that rec. He's sitting on it - possibly because he has a more integrated strategy for the region (I hope). But no, he has not indicated he has any different strategy at all.

But I agree that this sort of thread - using the troops and military for some partisan point (using them as petty tools) - is something I do not respect at all.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2009
  8. VaYank5150

VaYank5150 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,055
    I know I'll get flamed for this, but how long will the GOP allow our citizens to die due to lack of healthcare coverage? Just pointing out the hypocrisy of the right....

9. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,779
    I think the un esteemed Generals are being summoned to testify before the congress. Let's hope they remember to address that btich from California as Senator. Meanwhile back in Afghanistan the viollence escalates and the messiah acting on the orders of the far left lunacy won't send re enforcements. It's a national tragedy.

10. NYcarbineer

NYcarbineer Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30,405
    Can you actually name anyone who opposed our presence in Afghanistan while Bush was president who now supports our being there since Obama became president?

Could you name some names?