How long until this happens to us?

LOL. Yes, this nation does, indeed, enjoy change. Look at our history. And brace yourself for some really major changes, both good and bad, in the coming years.

I see. The customer bargaining with the supplier is a very bad thing, correct? What would Adam Smith say?

That customer will be bargaining with your medication, and not buying medication that you need. Don't worry about it though, you trust them.

I see. The customer bargaining with the supplier is a very bad thing, correct? What would Adam Smith say?

That customer will be bargaining with your medication, and not buying medication that you need. Don't worry about it though, you trust them.

Medicare did this for years. And it resulted in huge, massive, savings. Republicans stopped that and now Medicare pays much more money for the exact same product.

Republicans: Making government suck and then saying that government can't run efficiently.

And yes. I trust the government more than a private for profit corporation. And anyone in their right mind would.

Medicare did not start covering prescription drugs until 2003, when exactly did they do this, and for how many years?

Medicare did this for years. And it resulted in huge, massive, savings. Republicans stopped that and now Medicare pays much more money for the exact same product.

Republicans: Making government suck and then saying that government can't run efficiently.

And yes. I trust the government more than a private for profit corporation. And anyone in their right mind would.

With all the corruption, greedy self important idealogues in govt, you place your trust there? At least with a "for profit" corp, there is money motivation and competition to keep that in check. After all we have seen, at least through the past 4 administrations, and you still trust govt more. That is scary but its your life and not mine.
I don't put my trust in either but much less in govt.

With all the corruption, greedy self important idealogues in govt, you place your trust there? At least with a "for profit" corp, there is money motivation and competition to keep that in check. After all we have seen, at least through the past 4 administrations, and you still trust govt more. That is scary but its your life and not mine.

Corporations have a legal fiduciary duty to fuck you over if its profitable to do so. They are organizations run specifically for the benefit for their shareholders-that is, not for you.

The government you have a say (a small say, but a say nonetheless) in and as those who are responsible to the people, they respond somewhat to the peoples wishes.

Both groups experience the same level of corruption on various levels. But both groups also work to a large degree. But one is actively working in your interest, one will never, ever take your interest into account.

Corporations have a legal fiduciary duty to fuck you over if its profitable to do so. They are organizations run specifically for the benefit for their shareholders-that is, not for you.

The government you have a say (a small say, but a say nonetheless) in and as those who are responsible to the people, they respond somewhat to the peoples wishes.

Both groups experience the same level of corruption on various levels. But both groups also work to a large degree. But one is actively working in your interest, one will never, ever take your interest into account.

Sure they do as their interest in you is tied to profits which you so eloquentely stated is their duty. If they do not provide a service to your liking, you move on and if this continues will many patients, the company either changes its ways ie showing interest in the client, or go out of business. That is the reality of the free market.

Sure they do as their interest in you is tied to profits which you so eloquentely stated is their duty. If they do not provide a service to your liking, you move on and if this continues will many patients, the company either changes its ways ie showing interest in the client, or go out of business. That is the reality of the free market.

Except that health-care insurance is provided by our work and so we don't have much of a choice in it. We do have a choice of doctors, but prices don't vary significantly from doctor to doctor and are often effectively set by the insurance companies.

Except that health-care insurance is provided by our work and so we don't have much of a choice in it. We do have a choice of doctors, but prices don't vary significantly from doctor to doctor and are often effectively set by the insurance companies.

Then we simply MUST give "Free" healthcare to all. I am sure this will have no affect on the quality of doctors and nurses by virtue of them put into servitude.

Seriously,bottom line for me is that Health Care and insurance needs to be overhauled. The govt does not need to do the overhauling as they have poor examples of running anything well.
Begin with Tort Reform as it will stop the endless tests doctors are forced to order. This will save billions. Stop mandating what insurance covers. A 65 year old woman should not be paying for maternity coverage. Stop charging $20 for an advil. Lastely, I thought Obamacare was going to tackle waste, fraud and abuse in all areas. Let me know the savings on that when it happens. I could continue but am done for the night.

Which is why we should eliminate the employer based system and allow people to shop around for what they need, instead of having employers shop around for something that cost them the least.

Well it may have been better had I been able to read the entire article without having to subscribe, which I didn't do. However, I believe I got the gist of what it was saying and I believe it won't be long till that the same shit hits here. Once the government gets involved with anything it most often ends up fucked up.

Forum List

Back