How long until progressivism collapses this town?

Detroit went bankrupt because they produced shit cars nobody wanted
Please...that idiotic excuse has been used for years now. Get some new material son.

Even if that were true about the automobiles (which is a special kind of stupid considering that GM’s Hummer, Ford’s Mustang, and Chevy’s Corvette are but a few of the iconic automobiles that the American people literally lust over), it’s a pitiful excuse for the bankruptcy of an entire city. At the very least it illustrates that the Dumbocrats were too stupid to diversify their local economy
It was true whether you'd like to admit it or not. I guess you didn't live during that period of history...
one gop Prez destroyed a city

It had nothing to do with the decades of dem ideas

no, it was 1 gop Prez.

you leftist can't even tell how dumb you are
Never mind that all other cities across the nation continued to survive and thrive under that same GOP president! :laugh:

I love Detroit. It’s an undeniable reality that the Dumbocrats can’t run from so they are forced to make the most absurd and desperate of excuses.
The US is and never was immune to economic changes....Industries come and go yet it isn't because of a political party..These companies are not public entities ran by the local govt.

I submit that political parties do have an impact (I.E. corporate tax level, mandated health insurance, ad infinitum regulations) that do impact the economic viability of a company and their ensuing expansion, contraction & demise... Examples of the juxtaposition can be drawn from the current and former administrations. (State & Federal)

Last edited:
Please...that idiotic excuse has been used for years now. Get some new material son.

Even if that were true about the automobiles (which is a special kind of stupid considering that GM’s Hummer, Ford’s Mustang, and Chevy’s Corvette are but a few of the iconic automobiles that the American people literally lust over), it’s a pitiful excuse for the bankruptcy of an entire city. At the very least it illustrates that the Dumbocrats were too stupid to diversify their local economy
It was true whether you'd like to admit it or not. I guess you didn't live during that period of history...

no, it was 1 gop Prez.

Never mind that all other cities across the nation continued to survive and thrive under that same GOP president! :laugh:

I love Detroit. It’s an undeniable reality that the Dumbocrats can’t run from so they are forced to make the most absurd and desperate of excuses.
The US is and never was immune to economic changes....Industries come and go yet it isn't because of a political party..These companies are not public entities ran by the local govt.

I submit that political parties do have an impact (I.E. corporate tax level, mandated health insurance, ad infinitum regulations) that do impact the economic viability of a company and their expansion, contraction & demise...
In some extenuating circumstances yet industry suffers more from competition than any other problems...

What happened in Detroit? Greedy leadership or crap design?
arrogance and American pride...
Elaborate.
Arrogance thinking the US would always be the world's manufacturer and the swollen pride that things don't need to be changed..

I'm OK with attempting to move heaven and earth in the pursuit of the US being the preeminent manufacturing super power! I'm OK with a swelling nationalistic pride in striving to make... and celebrate the US as the greatest nation on earth! I'm inclined to cheer the slogan 'make America great again', not ashamed of it at all!

no, it was 1 gop Prez.

I submit that political parties do have an impact (I.E. corporate tax level, mandated health insurance, ad infinitum regulations) that do impact the economic viability of a company and their expansion, contraction & demise...
In some extenuating circumstances yet industry suffers more from competition than any other problems...

It's called 'Capitalism' & it serves to streamline efficiency, quality, production, job performance, competitive compensation and a host of other advancements to society. This is true on a town, state, international level! The one exception is an inequitable international trade policy (think NAFTA, TPP etc.) I reserve the right to think that interstate inequality is still 'a positive' as the market normalizes, IE citizens are able to flee onerous states for more rewarding states to live in. I left CA and never looked back....

Last edited:

no, it was 1 gop Prez.

It's called 'Capitalism' & it serves to streamline efficiency, quality, production, job performance, competitive compensation and a host of other advancements to society. This is true on a town, state, international level! The one exception is an inequitable international trade policy (think NAFTA, TPP etc.) I reserve the right to think that interstate inequality is still 'a positive' as the market normalizes, IE citizens are able to flee onerous states for more rewarding states to live in. I left CA and never looked back....

Capitalism couldn't survive without periodic taxpayer bailouts either. 1929, 2008, probably this economy also after Trump and his republican buddies gobble everything up. Republicans are such pigs. Democrats also, but at least they toss a bone to the working class and those in need now and then, maybe some health care for poor children. Something a republican would never, ever, do.

Did anyone bother to do ANY research?

Starting this year, an experimental program called the Stockton Economic Empowerment Demonstration (SEED) will pay $500 a month to a few hundred of the city’s low-income residents, no strings attached.

The idea behind universal basic income, or UBI, is to provide a degree of economic security for the most vulnerable people in a community. The goal is to counteract the destabilizing forces of globalization and technological innovation that have lead to job loss and wage stagnation for countless workers, according to CNBC.

A lot of big names in Silicon Valley support UBI — Mark Zuckerberg advocated for the concept in his commencement speech at Harvard in 2017. Another Facebook executive who supports providing people with free money and no restrictions is Chris Hughes, who personally donated $1 million to the Economic Security Project, a program he co-chairs, which will provide funding for Stockton’s program to get off the ground this year.
[...]

UBI is not a new concept and support for it has historically been partisan. Republican President Richard Nixon tested UBI in several cities from 1968 to 1971 and found it did not negatively affect work ethic. Civil Rights activist Martin Luther King, Jr. also supported basic economic security for all Americans, believing racial and economic inequality to be intimately intertwined.

Other countries like Finland and Canada started to test out UBI programs last year, but results from the experiments are not yet fully realized.

If Stockton’s SEED program yields promising results, it may put itself on the international map.

This U.S. City Will Give Its Poorest People $500 a Month — No Strings Attached

Capitalism couldn't survive without periodic taxpayer bailouts either. 1929, 2008, probably this economy also after Trump and his republican buddies gobble everything up. Republicans are such pigs. Democrats also, but at least they toss a bone to the working class and those in need now and then, maybe some health care for poor children. Something a republican would never, ever, do.

Tax payer bailouts are an exogenous overture; attempting to mitigate self inflicted symptoms of systematic f..k ups. Without the sabotage and interference of governance, capitalism does quite well correcting its self.

Last edited:
california has the sixth largest economy in the world, thumb sucker
Check out the debt. in California and that will give you the facts you need to sound even a little bit intelligent...
If that is even possible.....besides I would rather suck my own thumb than to be sucking the backside of Obama like you do....

Check out the debt. in California and that will give you the facts you need to sound even a little bit intelligent...
If that is even possible.....besides I would rather suck my own thumb than to be sucking the backside of Obama like you do....

blah blah blah blah blah blah

California is the sixth largest economy in the world.

:thup:

California is up to it's eyeballs in debt.

California is up to it's eyeballs in debt.

you're still not thinking....

didn't dick cheney say debt doesn't matter?

and it's not like you nutters care about debt anyway...

Trump's tax cuts are rocketing us into the debt ceiling

Trump's biggest victory — tax cuts — could lead to the demise of his beloved bull market

oops....

now try actually thinking.

Forum List

Back