How Long Before the Next Crisis

This problem simply leaves us with an even weaker economy thatn we had.

The next shock to the system will be even harder to deal with.

What will that next shock be?

Take your pick, it could come in mnay forms, natural disaster, another war we cannot afford, some brewing economic diaster in one of our trade partners, anothe dramtic spike in energy prices, are just a few possible things that could knock us over again.

Until we solve the problem of Americans who cannot find suitable work that pays a living wage, the root source of this problem (we're getting poorer as nation!) will continue to plague us.

If we started today, I submit to you all it would take at least a generation or two for us to climb out of the hole we've dug for ourselves,

And since I see NOBODY who is willing to tell Americans the hard facts about WHY Americans aren't making it, (they keep blaming the OTHER PARTY) I do not think we're really going to fix this problem.

Yep, that pretty much sums it up. I don't think it will really take a generation though, if things turn around. An expanding economy can make short work of even these sized contractions. But, if we continue to expand our commitments in the entitlement area like Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid and maybe add health care, we'll never make it out no matter how much we expand the economy.

The only way out of that would be to start a war and send only old and sick people to fight it.

Who voted for a rushed bill just to band-aid a severe cut to our economy deserves to be put out of office. Too bad one of them is going to become President of the United States of America. Biggest problem, both candidates don't have a clue about the economy.

The lack of perspective in this thread is fairly amazing. We have the typical doom and gloom crowd in here clamoring to see who the first gets to be to essentially predict the end of the world. Your perception shapes your reality. If all you see is negative and all you predict is negative then all your future will likely hold will be negative. I even feel myself doing it. Being anxious about my job and reading the daily headlines and watching the stock market. It takes considerable mental effort to not let it drag you down mentally.

The big problem I keep hamering on is every single person who posted on this thread appears to be perfectly content to let the market or government or whatever dictate to them what their future will be. If you continue to do so, exactly what I have told people like editec time and time again will almost defnately come to pass. It is a self fulfilling prophecy if ever there was one. You will continue to complain about these extrinsic variables and continue to not only not look at first, but completely ignore the intrinsic variables and sure enough your prophecy will come true (for you at least) and all you will be able to accomplish is the ability to say I told you so.

The lack of perspective in this thread is fairly amazing. We have the typical doom and gloom crowd in here clamoring to see who the first gets to be to essentially predict the end of the world. Your perception shapes your reality. If all you see is negative and all you predict is negative then all your future will likely hold will be negative. I even feel myself doing it. Being anxious about my job and reading the daily headlines and watching the stock market. It takes considerable mental effort to not let it drag you down mentally.

The big problem I keep hamering on is every single person who posted on this thread appears to be perfectly content to let the market or government or whatever dictate to them what their future will be. If you continue to do so, exactly what I have told people like editec time and time again will almost defnately come to pass. It is a self fulfilling prophecy if ever there was one. You will continue to complain about these extrinsic variables and continue to not only not look at first, but completely ignore the intrinsic variables and sure enough your prophecy will come true (for you at least) and all you will be able to accomplish is the ability to say I told you so.

Are you like for real??? :cuckoo:

Are you like for real??? :cuckoo:

Like as in not entirely negative? Yes. What is unreal about anything I said? What is predicting doom and gloom accomplishing for you exactley? Maybe it will happen, maybe it won't. But your time would be better spent working on the things you can control (YOU) to insulate yourself from it.

Last edited:
True, what do you think the 3000 or so FEMA compounds spread all over the USA are for??? Most of which were converted from the WWII era, complete with full railway access, with containment capacities anywhere from 20,000 and some as high as 200,000 people. Far as im aware any USA president from the late 1940's thru early 1950's to date has 10 main martial law excutive orders to restrain a mass USA population...google REX84. Our true rights went out the door 60 years ago...Upon presidential Martial Law excutive orders, the USA CONSTITUTION BECOMEs NULL AND VOID!!! and is reverted to a defacto regime("of the fact" or "in practice" but not ordained by law)..its coming, not a matter of if, simple matter of when...Why do you think theyve been spending the last 20 years dumbing down the first and second amendments. Do the citizens need any protection from the government, isnt that partially what the second amendment was for??? Its my belief that Guantanamo bay was nothing more than an idea to desensitize the American public to the idea of torture...weather or not it was needed. However I guarentee WATERBOARDING will just be a slap on the rist in those days...CALL YOUR CONGRESSMEN BEFORE ITS TO LATE, TELL THEM TO ABOLISH THE PATRIOT ACT AND THE HOMELAND SECURITY GOLOUG ALONG WITH ANY BILL THAT HAMPERS THE ABILITY OF THE AMERICAN CITIZENS RIGHT TO PROTECT AND ARM THEMSELVES, and threaten to vote them OUT, vote them OUT ASAP...Once Martial Law is nationalized it'll be to late. We're not running out of time for freedom folks, we're already out of time..i firmly believe these will be the case.:ack-1:

Anti-Federalist Patrick Henry during the opening debates of the Virginia Ratification Convention stated his strong belief that arms are required to secure rights and freedoms from those that would take them away

Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined. … O sir, we should have fine times, indeed, if, to punish tyrants, it were only sufficient to assemble the people! Your arms, wherewith you could defend yourselves, are gone; … Did you ever read of any revolution in a nation, brought about by the punishment of those in power, inflicted by those who had no power at all? … Will your mace-bearer be a match for a disciplined regiment?[39]

George Mason during that debate also showed his distrust of Congress and the possibility that it would not fund the arming for the militia as an excuse for the creation of a standing army, which could later to be used as an instrument of tyranny by Congress.

The militia may be here destroyed by that method which has been practised in other parts of the world before; that is, by rendering them useless—by disarming them. Under various pretences, Congress may neglect to provide for arming and disciplining the militia; and the state governments cannot do it, for Congress has an exclusive right to arm them, &c. … Should the national government wish to render the militia useless, they may neglect them, and let them perish, in order to have a pretence of establishing a standing army. … But when once a standing army is established in any country, the people lose their liberty. When, against a regular and disciplined army, yeomanry are the only defence,—yeomanry, unskilful and unarmed,—what chance is there for preserving freedom?[40]

Patrick Henry during debate also states:

The militia, sir, is our ultimate safety. We can have no security without it.[

All good points raised by my fellow Virginians! I can't agree that we are on the verge of Martial Law Proclamations though. But, in case I'm wrong, it doesn't hurt to have people exercise their second amendment rights as vigorously as they exercise their first amendment rights.

Like as in not entirely negative? Yes. What is unreal about anything I said? What is predicting doom and gloom accomplishing for you exactley? Maybe it will happen, maybe it won't. But your time would be better spent working on the things you can control (YOU) to insulate yourself from it.

What you call gloom and doom we call prophesy or a warning to our fellow man of inpending danger, its an act of benevolence. There are over several hundred prophesies world wide of which over a 100 of them being Biblical, of the more than 100 Biblical prophesies, all have come to pass in the last 6000 years with the exception of SolomansTemple in Jerusalem. I dont know all the specifics, however it has something to do with the Feast of Tabernacles....Biblical prophesy is mostly for the believer in Christ Jesus not the unbeliever, it was a warning for future preparedness. If someone told you that a cat.5 hurricane was on its way would you hang around in its wake?? Take Harricane Katrina for example, nearly 2000 people lost their lives, they were forewarned to GET OUT!!! but sadly refused, most out of shear stupidity, some from circumstances beyond their control. Now I dont expect you nor anyone else to understand what im trying to convey, but it doesnt take a Christian believer to heed to sound warnings... remember the Great flood? predicted and prophesized(warned) by NOAH??. GODs annointed prophet Noah and his followers built the ARK, and in Noahs last days the flood did indeed come and all life on earth was lost except for those onboard the ARK. Take the RMS Titanic they were also forewarned warned of impending dangers of icebergs, nevertheless speeding ahead with the notion that GOD CANT EVEN SINK THE TITANIC?!?!?!It sunk swiftly...Fact of the matter GODs people built the ARK, Securistic Humanist built the RMS Titanic...which ship would you want to be on, who will heed the warnings of thousands of years, are you going to insulate your self and go down, or are you going to heed sound warnings an attempt to save lives.........:disbelief:

"As it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be in the days of the Son of man, They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all (Luke 17:26-27)."

Last edited:
The Bush/Cheney regime is deploying active duty troops for the first in America starting in October to quell possible civil unrest .............. sounds like the verge of Martial Law to me.

What you call gloom and doom we call prophesy or a warning to our fellow man of inpending danger, its an act of benevolence. There are over several hundred prophesies world wide of which over a 100 of them being Biblical, of the more than 100 Biblical prophesies, all have come to pass in the last 6000 years with the exception of SolomansTemple in Jerusalem. I dont know all the specifics, however it has something to do with the Feast of Tabernacles....Biblical prophesy is mostly for the believer in Christ Jesus not the unbeliever, it was a warning for future preparedness. If someone told you that a cat.5 hurricane was on its way would you hang around in its wake?? Take Harricane Katrina for example, nearly 2000 people lost their lives, they were forewarned to GET OUT!!! but sadly refused, most out of shear stupidity, some from circumstances beyond their control. Now I dont expect you nor anyone else to understand what im trying to convey, but it doesnt take a Christian believer to heed to sound warnings... remember the Great flood? predicted and prophesized(warned) by NOAH??. GODs annointed prophet Noah and his followers built the ARK, and in Noahs last days the flood did indeed come and all life on earth was lost except for those onboard the ARK. Take the RMS Titanic they were also forewarned warned of impending dangers of icebergs, nevertheless speeding ahead with the notion that GOD CANT EVEN SINK THE TITANIC?!?!?!It sunk swiftly...Fact of the matter GODs people built the ARK, Securistic Humanist built the RMS Titanic...which ship would you want to be on, who will heed the warnings of thousands of years, are you going to insulate your self and go down, or are you going to heed sound warnings an attempt to save lives.........:disbelief:

"As it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be in the days of the Son of man, They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all (Luke 17:26-27)."

That's a little...I guess righteous would be the only term. If i'm going down, I didn't insulate myself then did I. Prophesize all you want. By definition it is all talk. The point is while people of you and your ilk that have posted on this thread will continue to blame and point to the extrinsic and 'prophesize' about our dark future, those that will actually survive it will be those that recognize their own potential and harness it instead of seeking from pissing and moaning and waiting for others to fix this for them.

That's a little...I guess righteous would be the only term. If i'm going down, I didn't insulate myself then did I. Prophesize all you want. By definition it is all talk. The point is while people of you and your ilk that have posted on this thread will continue to blame and point to the extrinsic and 'prophesize' about our dark future, those that will actually survive it will be those that recognize their own potential and harness it instead of seeking from pissing and moaning and waiting for others to fix this for them.

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 (New International Version)
New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society

16For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

Man you can fix, moan and piss all you like, but youll never ever be able say you werent kindly and warmly WARNED....

The Bush/Cheney regime is deploying active duty troops for the first in America starting in October to quell possible civil unrest .............. sounds like the verge of Martial Law to me.

Theyre getting ready for the fall out of the elections. Obama will lose as ive stated before, Mccain knows this, its why hes not campaigning as hard(Dropped Michigan because he doesnt need the vote). Like the failout riots in California and Mississippi during the Reagan years so shall it happen again, but on a broader scale mark it down...

I do not take a single newspaper, nor read one a month, and I feel myself infinitely the happier for it.
Thomas Jefferson

I too feel much better since I have greatly reduced my intake of network, cable and print news.

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

We have entrusted out beloved republocrats with too too much power, given over freely one liberty, one freedom at a time and what do we get for it. A trillion dollar ass raping that's what.

That's worth getting angry over but as long as more people learn from this fiasco than don't, we have some reason for cautious optimism.

No man’s life, liberty, or property is safe while the legislature is in session. -Mark Twain (1866 )

I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
-Winston Churchill

this quote is particularly appropriate today.

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
-Frederic Bastiat, French Economist (1801-1850)

We need more people who think like these guys used to. what happened to us that we no longer question out government?

Last edited:
1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 (New International Version)
New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society

16For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

Man you can fix, moan and piss all you like, but youll never ever be able say you werent kindly and warmly WARNED....

Except for the small fact that I'm not the one complaining and forbodeing. There are segements of this society that don't need to worry about any of your prophetizing. They are financially independent people. They didn't get that way by blaming or being negative all the time. Try it. You will be much happier.

Last edited:
Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
-Frederic Bastiat, French Economist (1801-1850)

We need more people who think like these guys used to. what happened to us that we no longer question out government?

A plenty of people are being critical of government or this party or that party as the problem. The irony is that they are also waiting for them to come up with the solution, instead of utilizing as a solution the one thing they actually have control over, themselves.

Forum List

Back