How is a foreign national criminally liable for exposing US secrets?

TheGreatGatsby

Gold Member
Mar 27, 2012
California
Forget the alleged role in hacking for a second. Part of the indictment(s) is that Julian is somehow criminally responsible for disseminating US secrets. Has anyone else wonder WTF! on that?

I know I have no legal responsibility to other countries to keep their secrets safe.

Forget the alleged role in hacking for a second. Part of the indictment(s) is that Julian is somehow criminally responsible for disseminating US secrets. Has anyone else wonder WTF! on that?

I know I have no legal responsibility to other countries to keep their secrets safe.

How did he get the secrets is the question. Obviously he did something shady to get them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No you don't. But if you do and they get their hands on you, you're smoked herring.

The US is seeking extradition.

I've been asking the same question...

If he was involved in the hacking directly or as a co-conspirator, then his dissemination is a furtherance of the crime.

How did he get the secrets is the question. Obviously he did something shady to get them.

He was still a journalist, right? The deputy DA says he's not; that's a joke.

No you don't. But if you do and they get their hands on you, you're smoked herring.

The US is seeking extradition.

And no extradition should be done while phony charges are levied against him. If Britain does, they're America's bitch.

If he was involved in the hacking directly or as a co-conspirator, then his dissemination is a furtherance of the crime.

I can see it that way, perhaps. But the fact that he runs a high-level journalism outlet should be a mitigating factor at a minimum. I'm very troubled at the assertion that he is not a journalist. The USA needs to have the utmost integrity given that this is a very sympathetic issue(s) for a lot of people. Acting like a autocratic entity is not good enough.

Shady is a bit of a misnomer if he's engaging in exposing blood lust and the pursuit of illgotten gains.

I can see it that way, perhaps. But the fact that he runs a high-level journalism outlet should be a mitigating factor at a minimum. I'm very troubled at the assertion that he is not a journalist. The USA needs to have the utmost integrity given that this is a very sympathetic issue(s) for a lot of people. Acting like a autocratic entity is not good enough.

It goes back to the Pentagon Papers. The SCOTUS has been pretty consistent in that as long as you have clean hands, you can publish anything that comes your way, but if you don't, you are is deep shit regardless of whether you publish it or not.

Forum List

Back