How Important are the FANG Stocks to Your Portfolio?

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
Just glancing through Reuters for other reasons and saw a graphic about the FANG stocks with a story about how they could see their PEs and therefore their share prices drop. Since I am not a lawyer and do not understand how the EU works nor invest in that part of the market I am just wondering if my friends on the board have seen similar warnings. This could be a recreation of the wall of worry or something already priced into the market. I don't know I am into loss avoidance through getting positions in under priced shares. I hope this help some of you.

You need to clarify your financial acronyms.

FANG is the trading symbol on NASDAQ for an actual, err, umm, stock company, Diamondback Energy, Inc. (FANG), which does not seem to be what you are talking about. There is an entry on "Investopedia" for
Is the implication that these companies are wolves in sheeps' clothing? Yes, they are definitely misusing and failing to secure consumers' personal and private information, and they are highly complicit in "identity theft," financial fraud, and related criminal activities if they do not profit directly from this general criminality on the Internet which they appear to all intents and purposes to actively cultivate and tolerate. They are too heavy on the consumer marketing and too light on the technology, and apparently run by sales-oriented marketing majors, rather than general business or computer science majors.

FB still too hot for me to trade but after today's news and bounce back, it's looking more solid.

My understanding is that congress and the DOJ are getting feedback from the EU investigators how much and what about is not yet public. So, I would wait until after the May EU rulings before looking at any tech stock.

Marginal exposure thru large cap fund. I'm thinking some of Facebook sells are going into other tech stocks. Wife has Microsoft and ADI which surged over 6% each

Sounds like a reasonable hedge but I'm in the wrong end of the market to make a call as to whether it is a good or bad investment idea. I like the low priced stuff $2.5-30/sh and undervalued relative to the avg issue.

FB still too hot for me to trade but after today's news and bounce back, it's looking more solid.

Closed at $160.06, up all of 67 cents after a deep midday dip. I don't have time of day for all that "technical" trading voodoo, and the "professional" platforms like Bloomberg Terminal and all that garbage, but those who do call that a "top" or a "spinning top" of some sort.

I trade on FUNDAMENTALS, and I go for VALUE. I do not see any support in Facebook, and traders who pay >$1000 per month for a "professional" trading platform probably overpay for the stock they buy and sell out too cheap anyways.

Priced at 29.7x diluted earnings per share $5.39. I am sorry, but Facebook has saturated its market, and has no room to grow. It has never paid a dividend, and it cannot stay young and hip forever. I refuse to pay that much for FB stock, and I have no further interest in it.

Closed at $160.06, up all of 67 cents after a deep midday dip. I don't have time of day for all that "technical" trading voodoo, and the "professional" platforms like Bloomberg Terminal and all that garbage, but those who do call that a "top" or a "spinning top" of some sort.

I trade on FUNDAMENTALS, and I go for VALUE. I do not see any support in Facebook, and traders who pay >$1000 per month for a "professional" trading platform probably overpay for the stock they buy and sell out too cheap anyways.

Priced at 29.7x diluted earnings per share $5.39. I am sorry, but Facebook has saturated its market, and has no room to grow. It has never paid a dividend, and it cannot stay young and hip forever. I refuse to pay that much for FB stock, and I have no further interest in it.
I can't disagree with anything you said. My current feeling is there are easier ways to make a buck than jump on the bucking bronco that Facebook has become.

Forum List

Back