How does envy and hate towards "rich" people..

Nobody who is worth alot of money can relate to those in the hard working middle class. I dont care how you spin it, they cant. Try as you may, it shall fall on deaf ears. Goes for both parties. If two rich guys were in a truck stuck in the woods and I came by, well I'd drive by. Not my fellow americans.

I think a lot of us who passed through the hard working middle class while climbing the ladder of success know you're a bit full of crap.

"The more you work, the more you make."

In some instances yes. I know of many people in which both parents are working 2 jobs apiece and they arent getting ahead. One is a snowplow driver that clears the roads in the winter. But the uber wealthy are the first to complain if the roads are plowed as well as they think they should be. The guy gets paid a pittance for the hours he puts in. He'll never be rich and there are some wealthy who believe he makes too much as it is. Thats what bugs me. They believe he shouldnt have his health insurance even though they make 10x what he does. Those are the people who'v voices need to be squelched.

"Those are the people who'v voices need to be squelched."

Awwww....
...still upset that "Das Kapital" wasn't autographed to you?

Helping to solve your own problems.....I have to say I am kind of shocked at some of the hateful comments from some people towards people that are rich. Also I am puzzled by how some are selective in who they have decided to dislike, like the Romneys......So If I am to understand it correctly, it is fine to dislike a rich republican, while the same people don't have any problems with rich people like the Kennedys..;)

It doesn't. You assume that the people who feel this way are rational and logical human beings.

I'm surprised at how many people think rich people are evil because there rich go figure.

What is that the bible says about a rich man and a camel and needle?
No idea contrary to what some on the left think not everyone who's politics lean right is a evangelical who can quote the bible chapter verse.

So the people that insist the U.S. is a Christian nation are no more than a few extremist nutcases?

The nation produces a finite amount of wealth in any given year.

AS GENERAL RULES...

Conservatives believe that the nation is better off if that wealth is distributed in a way that concentrates large amounts in the hands of a (relative) few.

Liberals believe that the nation is better off if that wealth is less concentrated in the hands of a few,
and instead more widely distributed across a wider portion of the population.

The question then becomes,

in which case IS the nation better off?

What is that the bible says about a rich man and a camel and needle?
No idea contrary to what some on the left think not everyone who's politics lean right is a evangelical who can quote the bible chapter verse.

So the people that insist the U.S. is a Christian nation are no more than a few extremist nutcases?

I think USCit was just pointing out what a hater that Jesus fellow was...a hater and a class warrior. :lol:

Conservatives believe that the nation is better off if that wealth is distributed in a way that concentrates large amounts in the hands of a (relative) few.

Lie much, Commie?

Well, that IS what our current system does. What would you do to change it? The top 10% own more of the country's wealth than the bottom 90% combined. How do you "fix" that?

Lie much, Commie?

Well, that IS what our current system does. What would you do to change it? The top 10% own more of the country's wealth than the bottom 90% combined. How do you "fix" that?

We shall start by kicking out all of the illegals who help suppress wages.

You with me so far, Liberal?

People earning under 100 grand. 9% flat.
Over 100, 15% flat.
Corporations with profits over 5 million. Ya ready ? Huh ? 50% flat.

No. It is foolish to tax corporations, which are just our tools for wealth creation.

That would be like taxing a hammer for each stoke it took to build a house.

Tax the wealth to the corporation owners once the wealth is distributed.

AS GENERAL RULES...

Liberals believe that the nation is better off if that wealth is less concentrated in the hands of a few,

"Conservatives believe that the nation is better off if that wealth is distributed in a way that concentrates large amounts in the hands of a (relative) few."

The effluvia of a limited and fevered imagination.

Amazing how consistent you are....

I'd suggest that you converse with a conservative....but I can't imagine any wasting their time in said endeavor.

I think USCit was just pointing out what a hater that Jesus fellow was...a hater and a class warrior. :lol:

The vehicle of class warfare is envy.

I can see where you'd be an "I'm In" participant.

AS GENERAL RULES...

"Conservatives believe that the nation is better off if that wealth is distributed in a way that concentrates large amounts in the hands of a (relative) few."

I'd suggest that you converse with a conservative....but I can't imagine any wasting their time in said endeavor.

I'll converse with you then.

Name the conservative policies that contradict what I said.

Be specific.

AS GENERAL RULES...

Be specific.

How about you prove the merits of your strawman argument instead of inviting somebody to disprove it?

Lie much, Commie?

Name the policies/positions that you yourself support that contradict what I said.

Be specific.

Helping to solve your own problems.....I have to say I am kind of shocked at some of the hateful comments from some people towards people that are rich. Also I am puzzled by how some are selective in who they have decided to dislike, like the Romneys......So If I am to understand it correctly, it is fine to dislike a rich republican, while the same people don't have any problems with rich people like the Kennedys..;)

How does wanting to end the Bush Tax cuts and treat the capital gains as income equal envy and hate?

Because you do such out of blatant ignorance and loathing...

You hate the rich and you hate freedom.....

You want the government to dictate wealth - you don't believe in free markets.

If you believed in free markets and freedom in general you would want the least amount of government intervention - and you clearly don't.

Be specific.

How about you prove the merits of your strawman argument instead of inviting somebody to disprove it?

Ok, note that what I am saying are general rules of what conservatives generally support or oppose:

1. Conservatives oppose the minimum wage
2. Conservatives oppose unions.
3. Conservatives oppose income based social assistance programs, ie., Medicaid, food stamps, and a long list of others
4. Conservatives oppose a progressive tax system

Every one of the above serves to move wealth towards the top and away from the bottom of the economic ladder, thus fulfilling what I asserted in my original post.

Forum List

Back