How do you feel the standoff in Washington would best resolved?

Can anyone provide some "credible" factual statistics regarding how many people are on welfare and for how long...? Is there a time limit on how long Walmart employees can receive food stamps and Medicaid - which Walmart instructs them on how to apply for...?

It likely depends on what state it is one resides in.

What state? So why you ragging on Obama...?

You're clearly confused on the interactions between the federal government and state, city and county governments. And, are you just playing coy or, are you really this stupid? Medicaid programs, for example, are both state and federally ran. States make determinations as well as the federal government making determinations as to whether or not you qualify, how long you can be on, etc., etc., etc. It isn't exclusively a state run program, nor is it exclusively a federally run program. Duh!

You don't "fact check" squat and your delusional fantasies that you're pissing anyone off are yours, likely a result of sniffing too much gas.

Speaking of fact checking, how would you change the way Obama and the "leftists" are running things? Would you go with a radical Republican-style approach? Details too if you'd like! I'm kind of interested in how opposite you and Lakhota are.

I'd get rid of Obama and leftists.

You don't think that Obama and "leftists" are possibly good for social liberties like abortion choice and gay marriage at the very least? I believe in choice to a certain extend and gay marriage to be LEGALLY equal to hetero-marriages. Keeping church separate of course and not requiring them to acknowledge the marriage by law.

As I understand it - since the Clinton changes there is generally a 5-year lifetime limit on collecting welfare - no lifers.

It likely depends on what state it is one resides in.

You're clearly confused on the interactions between the federal government and state, city and county governments. And, are you just playing coy or, are you really this stupid? Medicaid programs, for example, are both state and federally ran. States make determinations as well as the federal government making determinations as to whether or not you qualify, how long you can be on, etc., etc., etc. It isn't exclusively a state run program, nor is it exclusively a federally run program. Duh!

This is true, but isn't there an option for states to opt out of Obamacare? I think like 7 states already did.

As I understand it - since the Clinton changes there is generally a 5-year lifetime limit on collecting welfare - no lifers.

That's how I know it as well. Maybe 5 years is too long as well though. I mean with federal aid and such a two year degree is possible for pretty much everyone. (At least most with a few exceptions due to extenuating circumstances.)

Speaking of fact checking, how would you change the way Obama and the "leftists" are running things? Would you go with a radical Republican-style approach? Details too if you'd like! I'm kind of interested in how opposite you and Lakhota are.

You don't think that Obama and "leftists" are possibly good for social liberties like abortion choice and gay marriage at the very least?

No.

I believe in choice to a certain extend and gay marriage to be LEGALLY equal to hetero-marriages.

Civil Union...you mean? Frankly, I'm not a fan of gays, to begin with.

Keeping church separate of course and not requiring them to acknowledge the marriage by law.

I suggest we find a cure.

It says right in the statistics you presented yourself.

Time on AFDC

Over 5 years. 19.6%.

Over 5 years could mean 5 years and 1 day to 30 years to 75 years.

You don't think that Obama and "leftists" are possibly good for social liberties like abortion choice and gay marriage at the very least?

No.

I believe in choice to a certain extend and gay marriage to be LEGALLY equal to hetero-marriages.

Keeping church separate of course and not requiring them to acknowledge the marriage by law.

So you are against gay marriage, but what about abortion rights? Without the left both gays and a woman's right to choice would be in jeopardy, would it not?

Out of curiosity (if it's not too heavy of a question), why do you not think gays should be able to marry (and why are you "not a fan" of gays)?

Last edited:

This is true, but isn't there an option for states to opt out of Obamacare? I think like 7 states already did.

Depends on how you define option to opt out of Obamacare. If being denied federal money to states who opt out of Obamacare is an "option"? Then, yeah, I guess it's an "option". Albeit, I would describe it more as threats, bribery, coercion or something of that nature.

It says right in the statistics you presented yourself.

Time on AFDC

Over 5 years. 19.6%.

Over 5 years could mean 5 years and 1 day to 30 years to 75 years.

That was with dependent children though, as well as not just pure welfare. That is talking about food stamps and any aid at all. Not full-blown welfare. Not that it helps anything, but thought it should be mentioned.

And as for Obamacare, couldn't that give the states that opted out an opportunity to resume what they were doing and/or privatize health care a little?

Matthew,
Just because you believe those things makes it okay to take away another's freedom to their belief? I am sincerely wondering your motive behind restricting those beliefs that others have and yours contradict.

Last edited:

No.

So you are against gay marriage, but what about abortion rights?

Actually, I'm not too fond of abortion rights...either. And, the only issue of which I am torn on this issue is in cases of rape or incest. I don't necessarily agree with punishing the unborn child for what someone else did. I would prefer the child be adopted to a family and instructions given that the child is to be provided no information which would allow it to contact the mother unless the mother at some point in her life so chooses to initiate contact with the child. And, insofar as to an abortion being performed for purposes of saving the mother's life or preventing the mother from incurring serious jeopardy to her health? This is an instance I can tolerate the notion of an abortion being performed. But, how many cases are there where an abortion being performed to save the mother's life or prevent her from suffering serious jeopardy to her health happen every year?

Without the left both gays and a woman's right to choice would be in jeopardy, would it not?

Not necessarily. But, that really isn't saying I really wouldn't care.

Out of curiosity (if it's not too heavy of a question), why do you not think gays should be able to marry (and why are you "not a fan" of gays)?

How about, instead, why should gays be able to marry? Just to be able to say they're married? Marriage is a God-given right and obviously if gays want to marry then...well, of course, that's kind of contradictory...isn't it?

And, why should I be a fan of gays? You really don't want to know all the reasons why I'm not a fan of gays.

Unkotare, HUGGY, and Oldstyle, please stop the useless badgering and dung slinging. I do not want it on the thread I started to create positive and forward thinking conversation, thank you.

That is a real shame.

I worked hard and long for the SS I am recieving. I hear many say it is some form of "mooching" off of America and should be reduced as if I am some fat stupid welfare queen that should get off my ass and get a job. That kinda talk makes my blood boil.

:lol:

Your watery, anemic blood could boil all day and make nothing more than a weak cup of tea past its expiration date, old lady.

No one drawing SS is mooching unless its one of those false disabled, who there are plenty of, mooching off SSI.

SS is the money we have payed into a program that never should have been. Thanks FDR.

It wouldn't be popular if you could only take out exactly what you put in. If you couldn't take the money from those coming behind when yours is gone. Same with Medicare.

The only folks who need to get a job are the many freeloader working the system on Welfare. I'm sick of supporting their sorry asses.

As for the standoff in Washington? Hell let the tax cuts expire and take everyones taxes back to what they were before the taxcuts were enacted.

Of course Barry and his boobs only want to raise taxes on the rich because he's all about fairness. Of course the fairness only applies to one group of folks and not all of America. Gotta redistribute other peoples wealth.

He will find out that it doesn't make a difference because there just aren't enough of those "evil" rich. Middle class will be next on his little agenda.

The economy will land in the crapper because that 200-250K group includes loads of small businesses.

Should be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Last edited:
I'm picturing Huggy out in front of the White House shaking his fist and screaming: "Hey...You'se guys took my money and I want it back! Don't make me come over this fence gawd dang it! I got my baseball bat! You'se guys listening in there?"

Then I'm picturing a big van pulling up and men in white coats jumping out holding a straight jacket and a net.

Bye bye, Huggy...

At least he took action.

CrotchetyGeezer, Lakhota, and Article 15

Contribute logical and constructive ideas and opinions or don't post on this thread.

Thanks.

You'll come to understand, CP that for many people here..."logic"...is not something they handle well. As a fiscal conservative I'm consistently attacked by some for being a Nazi, a racist and for being anti gay which is rather amusing since I grew up in a college town in Massachusetts with tons of Jewish friends, have an ancestor that was a white officer in a black Civil War regiment and have zero problem with gay marriage. What I am in favor of is fiscal sanity.

Calling someone a "Nazi-Con" or a "****** hater" is what passes here for a comeback for those who can't argue logically. It's a card that people play who aren't intelligent enough to make a REAL argument.

I'm picturing Huggy out in front of the White House shaking his fist and screaming: "Hey...You'se guys took my money and I want it back! Don't make me come over this fence gawd dang it! I got my baseball bat! You'se guys listening in there?"

Then I'm picturing a big van pulling up and men in white coats jumping out holding a straight jacket and a net.

Bye bye, Huggy...

At least he took action.

Actually Huggy didn't even know his money was being stolen from him until I pointed it out. He's part of the problem...people who are so uninformed that they don't even know what kind of games their elected representatives have been playing with our tax dollars.

Forum List

Back