How do you feel the standoff in Washington would best resolved?

CrotchetyGeezer, Lakhota, and Article 15

Contribute logical and constructive ideas and opinions or don't post on this thread.

Thanks.

Fuck you! Maybe you should slide on over to the Clean Debate Zone.

I kindly asked that you don't insult and undermine people on threads that I post please, but as I have said before, I don't need to post on the "Clean Debate Zone" because I know that even people like you who drop insults and f-bombs have great valid opinions. I merely want to continue talking about the original topic and the newer conversation about SS. Please weigh in if you would like. Any suggestion for a possibly better alternative is appreciated if it holds some sort of truth, fact, or evidence (relation to other like events).

=]

And I want to talk about how stupid you are. The original premise of this post wasn't exclusively about SS. Nor, any other particular given issue. It was about how to resolve the standoff in Washington. I posted how it could be resolved and if you don't like it...tough shit.

Cut all of the free shitters of their free shit and put them to work rebuilding this nation. Is that a good idea?

Well it depends on if you mean welfare programs like food stamps and such, or college grants and aid, or healthcare I guess, etcetera. What "free shit" are you referring to?

CrotchetyGeezer is obviously retarded and likely posting from an institution or nursing home.

Is this supposed to mean anything coming from a leftist? You have no standing to be talking about anyone who's "obviously retarded" as you're clearly amongst the other uber-retards on this board. You might even be the champ.

Cut all of the free shitters of their free shit and put them to work rebuilding this nation. Is that a good idea?

Well it depends on if you mean welfare programs like food stamps and such, or college grants and aid, or healthcare I guess, etcetera. What "free shit" are you referring to?

Any healthy adult that needs to live on welfare. We should decrease unemployment down from 99 to 33 weeks. No more cradle to grave.

Any healthy adult that needs to live on welfare. We should decrease unemployment down from 99 to 33 weeks. No more cradle to grave.

Hell, why not just hang poor people...

killing-bob_n.jpg

Article 15 is okay...

I'll take your word for it. I'm obviously new to the site so I don't know many users....

Am trying and will always try to be friendly. Even if I think someone is wrong.

I'm here to help fact check and piss off NaziCons! Are you a NaziCon? Making friends ain't my goal.

You don't "fact check" squat and your delusional fantasies that you're pissing anyone off are yours, likely a result of sniffing too much gas.

Decreasing unemployment down that much in this economy? Do you suggest it because it would get people job hunting more?

As for welfare, there is some major reform if not "cutting the free shit" out all together that is for sure. If you are a healthy adult I think 5 years is too long to be on welfare for any reason. (Is it still 5 year maximum to be on welfare?)

I'll take your word for it. I'm obviously new to the site so I don't know many users....

Am trying and will always try to be friendly. Even if I think someone is wrong.

I'm here to help fact check and piss off NaziCons! Are you a NaziCon? Making friends ain't my goal.

You don't "fact check" squat and your delusional fantasies that you're pissing anyone off are yours, likely a result of sniffing too much gas.

Speaking of fact checking, how would you change the way Obama and the "leftists" are running things? Would you go with a radical Republican-style approach? Details too if you'd like! I'm kind of interested in how opposite you and Lakhota are.

Are you trying to have a "rational" discussion with Matthew? Good luck...

Whether I am insane for believing so or not, I think everyone is capable of having some version of a "rational" discussion. No matter how looney other people may think they are.

Can anyone provide some "credible" factual statistics regarding how many people are on welfare and for how long...? Is there a time limit on how long Walmart employees can receive food stamps and Medicaid - which Walmart instructs them on how to apply for...?

Decreasing unemployment down that much in this economy? Do you suggest it because it would get people job hunting more?

As for welfare, there is some major reform if not "cutting the free shit" out all together that is for sure. If you are a healthy adult I think 5 years is too long to be on welfare for any reason. (Is it still 5 year maximum to be on welfare?)

Define "welfare". Is it even called "welfare" these days? Here in my state, it's called "General Assistance". Then, of course, again depending on one's definition of "welfare", there are all sorts of other programs which are supposedly geared towards helping the poor. When, all it does is keep them in a rut with no way of digging out, which is exactly how the government wants it. God forbid they get out of the rut and dig themselves out so they are no longer dependent upon the government to survive.

Can anyone provide some "credible" factual statistics regarding how many people are on welfare and for how long...? Is there a time limit on how long Walmart employees can receive food stamps and Medicaid - which Walmart instructs them on how to apply for...?

It likely depends on what state it is one resides in.

Yep,

Keeping them on welfare year after year makes them not want to find work.

It likely depends on what state it is one resides in.

What state? So why you ragging on Obama...?

Speaking of fact checking, how would you change the way Obama and the "leftists" are running things? Would you go with a radical Republican-style approach? Details too if you'd like! I'm kind of interested in how opposite you and Lakhota are.

I'd get rid of Obama and leftists.

Well to respond to all posts,

In Cali they are still called Welfare programs.

And as for most sources, they quote somewhere between 55 - 80 million people depending on if we count food stamps and the single other items besides full-blown "welfare."

This chart (just from a website) startled me though.

Top 10 Hourly Wage Equivalent Welfare States in U.S.
State Hourly Wage Equivalent
Hawaii $17.50
Alaska $15.48
Massachusetts $14.66
Connecticut $14.23
Washington, D.C. $13.99
New York $13.13
New Jersey $12.55
Rhode Island $12.55
California $11.59
Virginia $11.11

Welfare Statistics | Statistic Brain