How do you feel about religion being taught in our schools?

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Dinosaurs hung out with humans; God created dinosaurs on the sixth day; the "behemoth" described in the Bible's Book of Job actually refers to a brontosaurus. These are some of the unscientific beliefs behind what appears to be a fourth-grade science quiz posted recently online.

More: 4th-Grade 'Science Test' Goes Viral: Creationism Quiz Claims Dinosaurs Lived With People (PHOTO)

Students at Mississippi's Northwest Rankin High School who claim that they and their classmates were forced to attend assemblies about Christianity and the power of Jesus Christ are getting help from a top atheist organization to put an end to the meetings.

More: Mississippi High School Lawsuit: Students Allegedly Forced To Attend 'Lectures' On Being 'Open' To Jesus

Personally, I find this very offensive on several levels. In short, I'm strongly against any religious beliefs being taught in our schools - especially ones that are scientifically deranged.

They were before the 60s, some of these things are crazy...but in general no....it's a huge part of life....and should be taught....you just cant ignore that......and does ANYONE disagree with the 10 commandments?

Well, it certainly didn't take the little busy bee long to pollinate this thread.

Eventually, long into the future, humankind will outgrow their silly religious superstitions. I just hate to see more children being brainwashed based on ancient thinking.

Well, it certainly didn't take the little busy bee long to pollinate this thread.

Eventually, long into the future, humankind will outgrow their silly religious superstitions. I just hate to see more children being brainwashed based on ancient thinking.

The world would be soooo much better if everyone were a atheist Liberal like you, right? :cuckoo:

You asked for opinions, and mine is..yes. Religions should be taught in school. Not bible study and whatnot...but religions of the world, what they represent, the locale, how it started, etc....then let the kid and parents decide to take it further on whichever religion tickled their ear that they learned about in school.
In short...the rudiments.

The world would be soooo much better if everyone were a atheist Liberal like you, right? :cuckoo:

Yes, if they were also morally good people. You don't need religion to be a good person. It's the religious insanity that really fucks things up.

Yes, if they were also morally good people. You don't need religion to be a good person. It's the religious insanity that really fucks things up.

atheists are just as pasionate as religious people....and they kill waay more people...atleast since the 19th century.....put all the facists and commies and you have a hell of a body count.

The problem with atheism is.....humans are it....that's where the buck stops....so if humans think murder is ok....why not? or human sacrifice? or beastiality? or pedophilia?

You asked for opinions, and mine is..yes. Religions should be taught in school. Not bible study and whatnot...but religions of the world, what they represent, the locale, how it started, etc....then let the kid and parents decide to take it further on whichever religion tickled their ear that they learned about in school.
In short...the rudiments.

Yes, yes, yes! Absolutely! Children should learn about various religions, as well as ideologies. How can they otherwise make informed choices or reject falsehood?

Besides that, the Bible is so present in western culture that it must be understood as literature at least. No, don't promote it, but teach it.

I'd rather somone worship an eagle than be atheist....ugggg atheism means men are gods.....not cool and doesnt work too well.

Lahkota needs to be reminded of his ancestors who were forced to have their hair shorn, their language never spoken in a school, torn from their families, and become "westernized" by the whites that stole their land, their culture, their spiritual beliefs. Why would he wish the same to happen to children nowadays of schools teaching all that needs taught to young minds?

Last edited:
The Black Plague, Spanish Flu and other diseases have killed more than any wars. Were these with God (theist) or without God (a(without)theist)?

Last edited:

Nothing is more fucked then islam. A religion based on a butcher that want around killing and forcing people to submit.

And so it comes back to Islam again. Sigh.

No christian ever killed and forced people to submit to christianity? Think hard before you answer.

Lahkota needs to be reminded of his ancestors who were forced to have their hair shorn, their language never spoken in a school, torn from their families, and become "westernized" by the whites that stole their land, their culture, their spiritual beliefs. Why would he wish the same to happen to children nowadays of schools teaching all that needs taught to young minds?

Do you really think that is what L. is saying? I didn't take it that way.

Nothing is more fucked then islam. A religion based on a butcher that want around killing and forcing people to submit.

True, but I'll take the muslims I know over atheists.....they believe in themselves are hedonistic and have no reason not to kill folks.....

Why do some of you clowns have to make it personal. My heritage doesn't have a damn thing to do with the OP. Come on, children...

Forum List

Back