How do Republicans get the White House in 2016?

More importantly, how can we prevent the Republicans from taking the White House in 2016?

Simple, balance the budget and continue protecting Obamacare, once people see how well it works it will turn into a big positive for Democrats.

Which brings up the other thing we need to do: prevent the Democrats from taking the White House in 2016.

There is no way ...:(

illegals, poor people single mothers ..you know ... they want, need and demand their welfare .... USA as we know it is dead.

Easy. Obama is impeached and convicted of criminal incompetence. Biden is declared entertaining but insane and is committed to a psychiatric hospital. John Boehner becomes President and has enough credibility among Republicans and moderate Democrats and the political skills to find workable compromises on spending, taxes immigration, etc. and American voters see that a competent leader in the WH can make the system work and reelect him in 2016.

Easy. Obama is impeached and convicted of criminal incompetence. Biden is declared entertaining but insane and is committed to a psychiatric hospital. John Boehner becomes President and has enough credibility among Republicans and moderate Democrats and the political skills to find workable compromises on spending, taxes immigration, etc. and American voters see that a competent leader in the WH can make the system work and reelect him in 2016.

Ha! I'd vote for GW before Boehner. And I wouldn't vote for GW without a gun (loaded) to my head.

There is no way ...:(

illegals, poor people single mothers ..you know ... they want, need and demand their welfare .... USA as we know it is dead.

Hey, I'm unhappy about the election outcome too, but take a pill. Republicans could have won on the issues this time if they had presented their positions with more sensitivity to the concerns of poor people, single mothers, Hispanics, etc. instead of addressing only the concerns of their traditional supporters. For example, most Hispanics already oppose gay marriage and abortion and they are split on illegal immigration, but the way illegal immigration was discussed by some Republicans was insulting to them. Had their same positions been presented with expressions of compassion for the hardships that drove people to come here illegally, Republicans could have split the Hispanic vote and possibly won the election.

DOOMEd DOOMED DOOMED

Illegals single mothers etc,,,,, rule America they will vote for entitlements for welfare for free phones ... face it ...welcome to the new demographics ... well come to Greece

Last edited:
DOOMEd DOOMED DOOMED

Illegals single mothers etc,,,,, rule America they will vote for entitlements for welfare for free phones ... face it ...welcome to the new demographics ... well come to Greece

What you are saying, in effect, is that Republican policies are not the best policies for the majority of Americans. If that's true, then a Republican shouldn't be president.

I disagree. Romney's plan to achieve a 4% growth rate would have brought far more benefits to the poor and to single mothers than Obama's welfare benefits, but Romney never explained this to them directly. Joe Biden would have told a story about sitting down at the kitchen table with a poor family or a single mother and after listening to all their concerns he would have told them just how his policies would have helped them. That's what Romney needed to do. Instead he allowed Obama's claims that he only cared about making the rich people richer go virtually unchallenged. He needed some of Clinton's "I feel your pain" and this is how I'm going to help you with it.

The good news. Republicans are well positioned to take the White House in 2016, They have strong candidates while the Dems have no "next in line" to Obama

The bad news. They are still Republicans and are prone to forming circular firing squads

What they need to do

1. Get rid of Grover Norquist: This unelected tyrant has managed to place every Republican into a fiscal box with no flexibility. It limits the choices Republicans have to implement good policy

2. Widen the base: Stop attacking Hispanics. Accept gay marriage, it will win points with young voters who look at it as a civil rights issue. Tone down your anti-abortion rhetoric. Still oppose abortion but embrace birth control, allow abortion in cases of rape, incest and a mothers health.

3. Accept Immigration reform: 10 million undocumented aliens. Offer work permits that allow them to stay. Offer those who have skills and jobs a path towards citizenship.

4. Run good candidates: Newt Gingrich, Hermann Cain, Michele Bachmann are not good presidential candidates. Chris Christie, Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio are good candidates with wide appeal. Allow them to run as moderates. Compassionate Conservatives.

5. Distance yourself from the nutcases in your party: You know who they are. Tell them to STFU

Republicans can do all these things and still be Republicans. It will make you look more human, less dictatorial, more "huggable"

Otherwise, prepare for another shock in 2016

They pay for a tour ticket like everybody else. :badgrin:

and until your party figures out that it's not moderation that is your problem, but misogyny, racism and theocrats, then you're going to keep losing.

LOL. My wife who hates politics resonates with this post. Sadly the party of Lincoln morphed into the party of racists. Those of you who actually care about small government of all types which includes the military and the wasteful war on drugs need to join the Libertarian Party. Make it a real party and many of us who left the Republican Party for independence will be happy to rejoin you.

The good news. Republicans are well positioned to take the White House in 2016, They have strong candidates while the Dems have no "next in line" to Obama

The bad news. They are still Republicans and are prone to forming circular firing squads

What they need to do

1. Get rid of Grover Norquist: This unelected tyrant has managed to place every Republican into a fiscal box with no flexibility. It limits the choices Republicans have to implement good policy

2. Widen the base: Stop attacking Hispanics. Accept gay marriage, it will win points with young voters who look at it as a civil rights issue. Tone down your anti-abortion rhetoric. Still oppose abortion but embrace birth control, allow abortion in cases of rape, incest and a mothers health.

3. Accept Immigration reform: 10 million undocumented aliens. Offer work permits that allow them to stay. Offer those who have skills and jobs a path towards citizenship.

4. Run good candidates: Newt Gingrich, Hermann Cain, Michele Bachmann are not good presidential candidates. Chris Christie, Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio are good candidates with wide appeal. Allow them to run as moderates. Compassionate Conservatives.

5. Distance yourself from the nutcases in your party: You know who they are. Tell them to STFU

Republicans can do all these things and still be Republicans. It will make you look more human, less dictatorial, more "huggable"

Otherwise, prepare for another shock in 2016

I have an odd scenario that is a long shot, posted it in another thread. I think John Boehner could work his way into a strong position if he retains his spot as Speaker of the House and then forces Republicans to work with Democrats, thereby actually getting some things accomplished. If he were to help lead the way on getting the deficit reduced somewhat through a combination of compromised tax increases and spending cuts, he could easily claim credit. Now granted the Republicans have a slewful of potential candidates, but they all come from the same cloth as the losers from this year. Boehner could re-invent the Republican Party.

The more I think about it, the more insane it sounds, but I'm sticking with it. Stranger things have happened.

DOOMEd DOOMED DOOMED

What you are saying, in effect, is that Republican policies are not the best policies for the majority of Americans. If that's true, then a Republican shouldn't be president.

I disagree. Romney's plan to achieve a 4% growth rate would have brought far more benefits to the poor and to single mothers than Obama's welfare benefits, but Romney never explained this to them directly. Joe Biden would have told a story about sitting down at the kitchen table with a poor family or a single mother and after listening to all their concerns he would have told them just how his policies would have helped them. That's what Romney needed to do. Instead he allowed Obama's claims that he only cared about making the rich people richer go virtually unchallenged. He needed some of Clinton's "I feel your pain" and this is how I'm going to help you with it.

The Republican plan would not have helped the jobless it would have made it worse. Unlike the base who haven't gone to college and only get their information from Fox News because they can't read, the rest of us are actually capable of critical thought.

The wealthy and Job creators aren't necessarily one in the same. A wealthy person who invests in China does little to increase US jobs. A wealthy trust baby investing in a hedge fund which makes a profit by buying US companies and off-shoring the employee base does nothing to create US jobs.

Instead of reducing and eliminating the capital gains tax and the estate tax, the Republicans should reduce more those that create jobs like the corporate tax. Instead they give us this crap where any sensible person can tell the math doesn't work. Just because your base is uneducated doesn't mean the rest of us are.

Last edited:

They won't!

Based on what we've seen in this forum, Republican/Tea Party supporters simply lack the ability to recognize that they are out of step with the changing aspirations and demographics of the nation.

What we have seen in their responses is that despite losing the Election, Republican/Tea Party supporters still feel a sense of "entitlement" when it comes to governing the nation.

Last edited:

But the GOP masters love Grover and everything he stands for.

The current GOP base would REVOLT as they hate hispanics, hates gays, and hate women rights, too.

The current base of GOP supporters would hate that idea.

Are those the good candidates? Okay if you say so.

The nutcases? Half the GOP base are freakin' nutters.

EVerything you proposed was a good idea.

But I do not think the average GOP partisan is ready for any of them.

The GOP has been fueled by hate for decades. Now you're proposing that they give up that hate vote.

I don't think they have much else to count on, really.

Screwing around and not using birth control demonstrates a failure to engage the brain. Birth control has been cheap and readily available for decades, laziness, stupidity or ignorance would be the only things that would prevent their use. Proper precautions would make the need for alternatives so rare they wouldn't even warrrent this discussion. That's what I mean by personal responsibility.

So...

Women still get pregnant. What are you going to do about it?

Only thing I'm going to do is pass on the debts you created to your children, and their children and their children and their children, along with a note to blame you for not holding others personally responsible. They can thank you for their limited opportunity and crushing taxes.

Which debts?

The debts from the Iraq and Afghanistan wars?
Unfunded Medicare part D?
The debt from a bloated military?

Those poor children

Last edited:
Sadly the party of Lincoln morphed into the party of racists. Those of you who actually care about small government of all types which includes the military and the wasteful war on drugs need to join the Libertarian Party.
No, the party of racists is the one with blacks voting for them by a margin of 93% or more ... following the pleas of prominent blacks who in many cases admitted they were voting for Obama ONLY because he was black.

The party of racists is the one ignoring all the harm Obama and Democrats have done to blacks over the years and since Obama took office. Blacks more than any other group have suffered from Democrat policies ... both economically and educationally. Now THAT is racism at it's core and you can't deny that.

The party of racists is the one which fought the Civil Rights Act and Voting Rights Act in the 60's. The Democrats. And then turned around and kept one of the chief architects of that effort (Robert Byrd) in office until he died, despite his using the N-word on live TV in 2001. And despite the fact Robert Byrd told the press during Clinton's impeachment trial that Clinton clearly committed an impeachable offense and then didn't vote to convict, Democrats celebrated the man. A racist.

The party of racists is the one that destroys ANY black who dares to not support Democrats ... who decides to become a Republican. Take Representative Artur Davis, for example, who was on Obama's 2008 election committee and who was mentioned as a potential attorney general after Democrats won the White House in 2008. Now he's called traitor to his race and not alone in such treatment. And he's not alone in such treatment. Consider Mia Love, who the left branded an "Aunt Tom".

No, the decision of blacks to support IN MASS such a party shows they are the ones acting like racists now. Making decisions solely on the basis of race. And you know it.

And unfortunately, Hispanics and Asians are now being led down the same path by a dishonest liberal media and memes like you regurgitate. Democrats label Republicans racist when it comes to Hispanics yet Republicans have elected two Hispanic Governors ... and Democrats haven't elected one. Republicans were somehow racists despite the fact that there were just as many Republican Latinos in the Senate as Democrat Latinos. Despite the fact that Latinos are underrepresented in both parties in the House. Is it just because Republicans want to secure our borders? That makes them racists? You tell me. Why are Republicans racist when it comes to hispanics? Or asians? Hmmmmm?

No, I don't accept your assertion that the Republican Party is racist. Blacks have made their own bed and now they'll have to sleep in it. They need to stop whining ... stop being Victocrats, and do what the Japanese did after WW2. Now there is a group that was treated badly ... just as badly as blacks ... yet faired well. But Democrats won't let them. Because Democrats need blacks to remain poor and dependent to get their vote. Isn't that where the real racism resides ... in that motivation?

As for the Libertarian Party, I agree that the WOD has been a terrible mistake and waste, but that's not just a creation of Republicans. It was Democrats who started the war on drugs by making certain drugs illegal.

And let me point out that Libertarian candidates, who had absolutely no chance of winning, cost the Republican party at least three Senate seats ... one in Montana and two in Arizona. A year from now you may be wishing they had those seats. As Dennis Prager recently noted, you can feel good or you can do good. And clearly Libertarians have decided its more important to feel good than do good. That says a lot about them. And not a very flattering thing, either. And aren't "feelings" what liberals are all about? The way they think too? So tell me the difference between Democrats and Libertarians? :)

Last edited:
Sadly the party of Lincoln morphed into the party of racists. Those of you who actually care about small government of all types which includes the military and the wasteful war on drugs need to join the Libertarian Party.
No, the party of racists is the one with blacks voting for them by a margin of 93% or more ... following the pleas of prominent blacks who in many cases admitted they were voting for Obama ONLY because he was black.

The party of racists is the one ignoring all the harm Obama and Democrats have done to blacks over the years and since Obama took office. Blacks more than any other group have suffered from Democrat policies ... both economically and educationally. Now THAT is racism at it's core and you can't deny that.

The party of racists is the one which fought the Civil Rights Act and Voting Rights Act in the 60's. The Democrats. And then turned around and kept one of the chief architects of that effort (Robert Byrd) in office until he died, despite his using the N-word on live TV in 2001. And despite the fact Robert Byrd told the press during Clinton's impeachment trial that Clinton clearly committed an impeachable offense and then didn't vote to convict, Democrats celebrated the man. A racist.

The party of racists is the one that destroys ANY black who dares to not support Democrats ... who decides to become a Republican. Take Representative Artur Davis, for example, who was on Obama's 2008 election committee and who was mentioned as a potential attorney general after Democrats won the White House in 2008. Now he's called traitor to his race and not alone in such treatment. And he's not alone in such treatment. Consider Mia Love, who the left branded an "Aunt Tom".

No, the decision of blacks to support IN MASS such a party shows they are the ones acting like racists now. Making decisions solely on the basis of race. And you know it.

And unfortunately, Hispanics and Asians are now being led down the same path by a dishonest liberal media and memes like you regurgitate. Democrats label Republicans racist when it comes to Hispanics yet Republicans have elected two Hispanic Governors ... and Democrats haven't elected one. Republicans were somehow racists despite the fact that there were just as many Republican Latinos in the Senate as Democrat Latinos. Despite the fact that Latinos are underrepresented in both parties in the House. Is it just because Republicans want to secure our borders? That makes them racists? You tell me. Why are Republicans racist when it comes to hispanics? Or asians? Hmmmmm?

No, I don't accept your assertion that the Republican Party is racist. Blacks have made their own bed and now they'll have to sleep in it. They need to stop whining ... stop being Victocrats, and do what the Japanese did after WW2. Now there is a group that was treated badly ... just as badly as blacks ... yet faired well. But Democrats won't let them. Because Democrats need blacks to remain poor and dependent to get their vote. Isn't that where the real racism resides ... in that motivation?

As for the Libertarian Party, I agree that the WOD has been a terrible mistake and waste, but that's not just a creation of Republicans. It was Democrats who started the war on drugs by making certain drugs illegal.

And let me point out that Libertarian candidates, who had absolutely no chance of winning, cost the Republican party at least three Senate seats ... one in Montana and two in Arizona. A year from now you may be wishing they had those seats. As Dennis Prager recently noted, you can feel good or you can do good. And clearly Libertarians have decided its more important to feel good than do good. That says a lot about them. And not a very flattering thing, either. And aren't "feelings" what liberals are all about? The way they think too? So tell me the difference between Democrats and Libertarians? :)
You fail to understand that political parties often change political ideologies. If you took "Republican" and "Democrat" out of the mix and substituted "Conservative" and "Liberal", you could never make the claim that "Conservatives" fought FOR Civil Rights and Voting Rights. In fact, if you took the time to understand the distinction, you would find that Conservatives have provided the resistance to each and every social change in our history.

Conservatism took the hit Tuesday. But they ask the wrong questions in their search for answers. The argument they framed going into this election assumed that Obama supporters were stupid (see Rush Limbaugh's commentaries) or Socialists or motivated to re-elect a Black president.

All these assumptions were natural ones for Conservatives to make, given their general outlook. But they are false assumptions and holding them has dire political consequences.

Conservatives would rally and cheer if cutting Food Stamps, Pell Grants, funding for PBS and the National Endowment for the Arts was proffered. But suggesting the marginal tax rates go up from 35% to 39% was an assault on the very fabric of the Republic and a Socialist tactic to diminish freedom!

With values like that, who needs deep comprehension? And with a foundation of thinking that permits that sentiment, let's ring the death knell today for contemporary American Conservatism.

Forum List

Back