How Dare They Speak Out!!!

Discussion in 'Congress' started by mudwhistle, Mar 31, 2010.

1. mudwhistle

mudwhistle Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,194
    If you have a business in America it looks like you don't need to borrow money from this corrupt government for them to try to intimidate you and make you bow to their will. This is the state of this country. How quickly we have degenerated right before our eyes. :eek:Witness the upcoming inquisition that Rep Henry Waxman is about to convene in a few weeks:

2. Baruch Menachem

Baruch Menachem '

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,305
    Waxman likes to behave like the judges in Germany's people's courts during the Nazi years. He likes to berate people and prevent their responses.

These guys get big paychecks. This is part of the paycheck, being forced to look the fool by a clown.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. American Horse

American Horse AKA "Mustang"

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +938
    They will have their chance to push back and make news doing it in committee and before C-Span cameras. I hope they take the opportunity to do it. If they conferred beforehand, they'd be found guilty of collusion and face dear legislative penalties.

4. midcan5

midcan5 liberal / progressive

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,295
    LOL - too funny, the people making millions are crying because a loophole was closed. How sad that is. Ask Verizon and ATT how their outsourcing of American workers is doing while you are at. Sad that their obligations are not covered by the enormous profits. Don't cry for me ... does Michelle only cry for the rich?

AT&T sees $1 billion write-down tied to health law - MarketWatch

"Under the old law, companies received a federal subsidy worth up $1,330 per retiree if they provided former workers with drug-care benefits. At the same time, however, companies could deduct the value of the subsidy from their taxable income. See blog on whether the new health care law already is hurting business

White House spokesman Robert Gibbs on Thursday said the government merely eliminated a tax loophole that effectively allowed a company to benefit twice from one law."

and what about normal write downs? Did Michelle whine then too?

TECHNOLOGY - TECHNOLOGY - Verizon May Write Down Big Fiber Optic Investment - NYTimes.com

5. Skull Pilot

Skull Pilot Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,031
    Excuse me AT&T etc did nothing that report that the law change would cost them money as they are required by law to do.

It is the fucking idiots in Washington that are whining "How dare they" when it is shown that Obama care won't save money.

No matter how you spin it, the government will end up paying more for their anti business shortsightedness.

Personally, I don't think the subsidy should ever have been given.

Any company that gets in bed with the fucking government deserves to be raped.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  6. PubliusInfinitum

PubliusInfinitum BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +726

See? There's no hope for these people...

They've absolutely no means to recognize that the 'outsourcing' is a direct result of LEFTIST REGULATION which HEAPED ON THE EXPENSE OF USING US WORKERS... and that this Healthscare catastrophe is only GOING TO MAKE IT WORSE. Much, MUCH WORSE!

7. saveliberty

saveliberty Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,884
    AT&T isn't crying, they are making a financial decision. Waxman is the one whining about making his health care plan look bad. Government policy has consequences. So does passing legislation that you didn't read beforehand.

8. Claudette

Claudette Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,650
    Yes.

Waxman is the one who wanted these hearings and I think he's going to be the one ends up looking foolish.

I could be wrong but I think all these companies will end up dumping the retirees on Medicare D.

Companies have shareholders. The Govt does not.

OOPS there goes the CBO projections.

I think this will be a very interesting watch on C-Span.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  9. Zoom-boing

Zoom-boing Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,122
    Do these companies have to go before congress? What would happen if they just faxed the financial info to Mr. Ratman and skipped the trip?

10. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,695
    Americans have very long memories. With the exception of the kool aid impaired that is.