How come no famous atheist movies?

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
Just got done watching Machine gun preacher and I was curious about it?

How come no bible thumper turns away from the Lord and does good?

Its always the other way around

Actually, Schindler's list was an atheist movie....the nazis were atheists.....and some were pagans......

The Lives of Others, another atheist movie about the East German stazi........

They also made a che movie with Benicio Del Toro..........he is a famous mass murdering atheist....

It is hard to make a movie about famous atheists because they tended to murder a lot of people.....

I'll take the Riddick movies, not quite atheist but, "I do believe in God. I just hate the fucker." :)

I'll take the Riddick movies, not quite atheist but, "I do believe in God. I just hate the fucker." :)
I was almost going to say sargent York, but he just opposed war.

Because the majority of people watching the movies are theists, so to encourage their patronage, hollywood promotes theistic themes to gain positive reactions from theistic movie goers

Think about it. A movie that suggest God is good and through believing in God good things happen will be well received by christians.

A movie suggesting there is no God and bad things happen to those who believe in god fervantly will receive a bad reaction from christians.

Hence, it is harder to promote and make off the second type of movie. So why would you make it if it is a money loser?

Actually, Schindler's list was an atheist movie....the nazis were atheists.....and some were pagans......

They also made a che movie with Benicio Del Toro..........he is a famous mass murdering atheist....

It is hard to make a movie about famous atheists because they tended to murder a lot of people.....

Ayn Rand is a famous atheist. Her life is pretty interesting, she murdered no one and she has a large following in the US.

However, I doubt her life story would make much money because it challenges the theistic meme of success only possible through God.

"Supernatural" is a hige TV show working it's eleventh season. They're as blasphemous as it gets, and God is generally thought of as a bad guy in that show.

Most movies have nothing to do with God. None of the year's big blockbuster's have anything to do with God. Well unless you count Thor, the Avenger. That's pretty blasphemous don't you think?

Atheism is found in movies.
The Invention of Lying.
Agora.
The Life of Brian.
The Ledge.
Creation.

Ayn Rand is a famous atheist. Her life is pretty interesting, she murdered no one and she has a large following in the US.

However, I doubt her life story would make much money because it challenges the theistic meme of success only possible through God.

She isn't a lefy atheist.....the left are the ones who like killing people who disagree with them....Ayn Rand believed in the individual....lefties see people as groups.....

She isn't a lefy atheist.....the left are the ones who like killing people who disagree with them....Ayn Rand believed in the individual....lefties see people as groups.....

Wrong. Again.

"Supernatural" is a hige TV show working it's eleventh season. They're as blasphemous as it gets, and God is generally thought of as a bad guy in that show.

Most movies have nothing to do with God. None of the year's big blockbuster's have anything to do with God. Well unless you count Thor, the Avenger. That's pretty blasphemous don't you think?

Actually, in first Avenger movie they did deal with this issue. Just before Captain America jumps out of the jet to help Iron Man get Loki back, someone says ....You can't do anything againt Thor...he is a god....and Captain America says "There is only one God and he doesn't dress like that."

Not to deflect, but a better question would have been how come there are no institutions doing charity work or basically stuff that beneficial to other human beings, run and/or maintained by atheists.

There are countless schools, hospitals, old folks homes, orphanages etc. named after Christian saints, with personnel whose main concern is helping others selflessly because in their hearts there is love for fellow human beings.

No such institutions by atheists, because their only love and concern is themselves.

Not to deflect, but a better question would have been how come there are no institutions doing charity work or basically stuff that beneficial to other human beings, run and/or maintained by atheists.

There are countless schools, hospitals, old folks homes, orphanages etc. named after Christian saints, with personnel whose main concern is helping others selflessly because in their hearts there is love for fellow human beings.

No such institutions by atheists, because their only love and concern is themselves.
The Red Cross, Doctors Without Borders, UNICEF, ACLU, Oxfam, Amnesty International...

Well here's a big list:
Secular charities - FreeThoughtPedia

thank you, that was what I was trying to get at. The atheists on political boards make a big deal about them, but I don't see them doing anything.

Even enough to making a movie about how great it is to believe in nothing.

Lol do you pull things out of thin air or your ass? The "nazis" were not atheists for the most part MOST of them were christians. Oh and the movie looks pretty cool. Not all for that save the starving children shit but blowing up ******* and shit looks like fun..plus one of my favorite actors.

How about "Atlas Shrugged"? Written by an atheist with no mention of God anywhere in the novel. Sorry, didn't see the movie they made out of it.

The Red Cross, Doctors Without Borders, UNICEF, ACLU, Oxfam, Amnesty International...

Well here's a big list:
yea, like I belive the red cross was not based on a Christian

The Christian Origin of the Red Cross

Well here's a big list:

The Red Cross is a secular organization. Get off your pedestal.

Well here's a big list:

The Red Cross is a secular organization. Get off your pedestal.
lmao only you would think it wasn't , let's think logical what does the cross represent? And how did it become famous?

Forum List

Back