How careful are you to keep the occult OUT of our life?

Offroader

Rookie
Jun 20, 2015
In my household, we stay far away from horoscopes, fortune cookies, tarot cards, ouija,or anything of the kind. Sorcery, witchcraft, macumba, voodoo or anything of the sort comes straight from Lucifer.

In my household, we stay far away from horoscopes, fortune cookies, tarot cards, ouija,or anything of the kind. Sorcery, witchcraft, macumba, voodoo or anything of the sort comes straight from Lucifer.

Which is exactly why you'll wind up in hell.

Lying, specifically bearing false witness is breaking a commandment.

You are lying about my faith. You are evil.

Which is exactly why you'll wind up in hell.

Lying, specifically bearing false witness is breaking a commandment.

You are lying about my faith. You are evil.

Nice to meet you, Granny Weatherwax. :D

OP you're missing on some great stuff (Led Zeppelin for example). Honestly I think the occult is silly and I don't believe in that crap. If I see a movie/band/etc. with it in it it's whatever.

OP you're missing on some great stuff (Led Zeppelin for example). Honestly I think the occult is silly and I don't believe in that crap. If I see a movie/band/etc. with it in it it's whatever.

Harry Potter too! :)

04cf1640d91ab1733306facc249c5dbc.jpg

Occult just means Hidden Knowledge. It's there whether you believe in it or not.

So what do you do for fun?

Occult just means Hidden Knowledge. It's there whether you believe in it or not.

I don't think that they have any "hidden knowledge", "understanding", or special "powers" of any kind. They may THINK they do--but they don't.

We put our keys on the table, walk under ladders, break mirrors, walk on cracks, pet black cats and always try to invoke the number 13.
I have never heard of putting keys on the table. What does that signify?

It's supposedly brings bad luck. Maybe some local superstition... most likely not from an occult source but rather a mom who didn't like a messy or scratched table. As for walking under ladders it's generally a good idea to avoid I suppose...

I have spent much of the last fifty years involved in the pursuit of understanding, and I have visited spiritualist churches thousands of times. I spent years going to trance lectures by famous mediums at the spiritualist association in London. I have also investigated various cults.

I have little interest in the list of things in the OP and I do not recommend anyone messing with Ouija boards

But I do think there is a spirit world and it can be contacted.

In My household, we concern ourselves with things like the grand children's health. The health of our own children. If we're going to get enough rain for the garden this week or will we have to water it ourselves. We spend time planning our budget, vacations (this year at least, I haven't had one in over 5 years). We look to doing maintenance to the house and the cars. We plan weekly meals, look forward to some quiet time with family and friends...and on occasion drink to much.

Why just this week, we booked rooms for our early July trips to Wildwood, NJ, and then to Niagara Falls later that same week.

In other words, we don't give the occult much thought (none actually) at all.

Meanwhile, being deliberately ignorant of such things, they enter your life since you don't recognize them.

Forum List

Back