How can you not like Herman Cain?

To be honest Cain is not that bad, I like him over Perry and Mitt, well.... In order I like Ron Paul/Garry then Newt/Cain then the rest can get the fuck of the stage. Any of these 4 would be better than what we have imo.

So you support an inheritance tax...because that money wasn't tax enough when the guy was alive? Anyway, you must also then support a tax on anything that guy making $40k bequeaths to his child. Sounds like you also support a cap gains tax, despite that the money used to invest was already taxed.

I support an inheritance tax because I don't think my tax dollars should be used to transfer wealth from a rich guy to his kids. If he wants it transferred, make him take responsibility himself. Make him pay for it.

I support a tax on capital gains because the GAIN is what we're discussing and NOT the money used to get that gain. If you earned it, you pay your fair share just like the rest of us.

Okay but by that logic, the middle class guy must also have his inheritance taxed. Personally, I think if a family is productive enough and acts responsibly enough to leave money their kids, the government should not get to tax what it already taxed.

Re capital gains, that GAIN came with considerable risk. Lots of investments that would be subject to cap gains result in a loss...sometimes a total loss. I don't like the idea of taxing income then taxing gains when that income is invested. More importantly, imagine how many jobs are not created because of a capital gains tax. Imagine all the money not reinvested into other ventures due to the tax.

Of course, if the government lived within its confines of power, we wouldn't need an income or cap gains tax, but that's another story.

So you support an inheritance tax...because that money wasn't tax enough when the guy was alive? Anyway, you must also then support a tax on anything that guy making $40k bequeaths to his child. Sounds like you also support a cap gains tax, despite that the money used to invest was already taxed.

I support an inheritance tax because I don't think my tax dollars should be used to transfer wealth from a rich guy to his kids. If he wants it transferred, make him take responsibility himself. Make him pay for it.

I support a tax on capital gains because the GAIN is what we're discussing and NOT the money used to get that gain. If you earned it, you pay your fair share just like the rest of us.

Okay but by that logic, the middle class guy must also have his inheritance taxed. Personally, I think if a family is productive enough and acts responsibly enough to leave money their kids, the government should not get to tax what it already taxed.

Re capital gains, that GAIN came with considerable risk. Lots of investments that would be subject to cap gains result in a loss...sometimes a total loss. I don't like the idea of taxing income then taxing gains when that income is invested. More importantly, imagine how many jobs are not created because of a capital gains tax. Imagine all the money not reinvested into other ventures due to the tax.

Of course, if the government lived within its confines of power, we wouldn't need an income or cap gains tax, but that's another story.

Absolutely the middle class guy should pay an inheritance tax! But like most other taxes, I think there should be a deduction, and in the case of middle class families, that would protect small businesses and farms. Still, a small minimum would be nice. "Skin in the game" after all.

As for capital gains, since you are so adamantly against taxing the gains, I would assume then you are adamantly against deducting the loss as well. Am I right? Or maybe you didn't know that. You can have a capital LOSS and can write that off on your taxes, effectively reducing the loss and reducing the risk. So no more righting off losses then?

Last edited:
well with the payroll tax being eliminated for a 9% income tax then the increase on the poor isn't 9% its 2.8%, which isn't as bad.
Tell that to a single mom making $25,000 a year.

How is everyone having to pay 9% income tax, with no exeptions, not an equal burden? Everyone pays the same exact percent of their income in taxes. You need to elaborate on this more, and if you can help it don't multi-quote me that way, just number the paragraphs or something it makes quoting back get all messy.
I already showed it, but will again.

Example 1 - Single man making $40,000 a year from his job pays $3,600 in income taxes.
Example 2 - Single man making $40,000 in dividends from stocks given to him by his parents pays $0 in income taxes.

That's Cain's plan.

I make under 40k/year and I support the 9-9-9 plan.

That 40,000/year is income and will be taxed at 9% if you earn it from investements or if you earn it from labor.

Your example is off. Both would be paying $3,600/year. How is that not fair when right now capital gains is lower than personal income (well according to obama/buffet)?

Don't forget under the 999 plan there are no exemptions for ANYTHING for ANYONE. Which I like, no more loopholes and companies like GE paying zero taxes.

Last edited:
well with the payroll tax being eliminated for a 9% income tax then the increase on the poor isn't 9% its 2.8%, which isn't as bad.

How is everyone having to pay 9% income tax, with no exeptions, not an equal burden? Everyone pays the same exact percent of their income in taxes. You need to elaborate on this more, and if you can help it don't multi-quote me that way, just number the paragraphs or something it makes quoting back get all messy.

Example 1 - Single man making $40,000 a year from his job pays $3,600 in income taxes.
Example 2 - Single man making $40,000 in dividends from stocks given to him by his parents pays $0 in income taxes.

That's Cain's plan.

I have a better idea than all these taxes. Stop spending so much. Simple but effective.

under cain's 9-9-9 plan you would pay 9% on your inheritnace INCOME ;).

To be honest Cain is not that bad, I like him over Perry and Mitt, well.... In order I like Ron Paul/Garry then Newt/Cain then the rest can get the fuck of the stage. Any of these 4 would be better than what we have imo.

Hey I like Ron Paul a lot too man, I just don't see him as a president. Cabinet member for sure, put him in charge of overseeing the fed :).

That's Cain's plan.

I make under 40k/year and I support the 9-9-9 plan.

That 40,000/year is income and will be taxed at 9% if you earn it from investements or if you earn it from labor.

Your example is off. Both would be paying $3,600/year. How is that not fair when right now capital gains is lower than personal income (well according to obama/buffet)?

Don't forget under the 999 plan there are no exemptions for ANYTHING for ANYONE. Which I like, no more loopholes and companies like GE paying zero taxes.

You need to read the plan. I mean, really, read the plan.

http://www.hermancain.com/999plan

Unless he is redefining what capital gains and dividends are, and just doesn't have that listed on his site, then I'm right.

Hey I like Ron Paul a lot too man, I just don't see him as a president. Cabinet member for sure, put him in charge of overseeing the fed :).

I guess I had really hoped we had people better than Rick and Mitt, but if the Media decides to push Cain we might get Obama for another 4 years and even if Cain beats Obama he will prove to be a very weak President IMO. What will Cain offer if he can’t get his 999 plan through? What rule is there that people can’t add taxes to his 999 plan?

Cain is like kiddy pool shallow and that is hard for me to get past.

I think Cain would take a massive beating in a debate with Obama because Obama will attack where Cain is weak, and Cain is weak on understanding almost every issue out there.

Really? Is that why he has listed "Ends the Death Tax." ?

999 | Herman Cain for President

If its considered income it will be taxed at the 9%.

Is inheratance an income, is a ROI income?

I'll re-read it all just in case I misunderstood.

Let me know what you find because my understanding of the plan is income is taxed but no taxes on capital gains, dividends or inheritance, at all, ever.

That's Cain's plan.

I have a better idea than all these taxes. Stop spending so much. Simple but effective.

Okaaay...but we we're talking about your support for an inheritance and cap gains tax. You changed topics on me. Anyway, I am not voting for Cain in the primary.

From his site:

Features zero tax on capital gains and repatriated profits
Lowest marginal rates on production
Allows immediate expensing of business investments
Eliminates double taxation of dividends

His plan is a massive tax cut for the wealthy, a significantly smaller tax cut for the middle class, and a tax hike for lower income earners.

Herman Cain is too........well.........just too cantankerous.

In politics....those who can, do. Those who can't become pundits for Fox and MSNBC, or worse yet...some Georgia talk radio station

I think he turns me off for the same reason Howard Dean did, there just doesn't seem to be enough sober and persuasive thinking coming out of him.

besides....he's like 70!, what'll he be like in 2018 if he got elected then re-elected?

Let me know what you find because my understanding of the plan is income is taxed but no taxes on capital gains, dividends or inheritance, at all, ever.

I will, I haven't had a chance yet but i'm not forgetting, got some work to do here so I don't have time to read it today. Maybe tonight or tommorrow.

From his site:

Features zero tax on capital gains and repatriated profits
Lowest marginal rates on production
Allows immediate expensing of business investments
Eliminates double taxation of dividends

His plan is a massive tax cut for the wealthy, a significantly smaller tax cut for the middle class, and a tax hike for lower income earners.

I trust Article (no offence anyone, I know him). I'm still going to re-read it but if that is truly the case then my opinion on 9-9-9 will change. I thought all income was going to be taxable income at the 9%.

Forum List

Back