How can I boycott the Oscars...

you ever notice how Right-Wingers make fun of liberal "snowflakes" for boycotting something so insignificant and not worth the arguing over, and then turn around and try to boycott something so insignificant and not worth arguing over?

Like That Hamilton Boycott for addressing Pence...

And that Kellogg's boycott for pulling sponsoring from Breitbart.

And now this Oscars boycott because... those damn liberal actors.

Y'all need to chill out there

Don't watch any of the movies that win awards. And don't by any designer dresses designed by designers who design dresses for the stars.

I haven't watched the Oscars since maybe 2002 lol.

Early 1970's for, meh, why bother watching and supporting shit you endlessly whine about. Unplug.

Agreed. For myself, I realized that it was more about the internal politics than what movie or actor or whatever deserved to win. Sure, sometimes there's a clear frontrunner, but a lot of the times it's just who's more connected.

I like to see people boycott businesses and anything else. Its a form of dissent which this country frankly neefds a lot more of. Wouldn't think of watching the Oscars.

Early 1970's for, meh, why bother watching and supporting shit you endlessly whine about. Unplug.

Agreed. For myself, I realized that it was more about the internal politics than what movie or actor or whatever deserved to win. Sure, sometimes there's a clear frontrunner, but a lot of the times it's just who's more connected.

Never been anything other than a marketing event for the industry.

...when I'd never watch them in the first place?

I'll tell you what...this year I will boycott the Oscars as a symbolic protest against their political bias...totally unlike the past 30 years when I ignored the Oscars because they were boring, pretentious, and irrelevant.

Instead just boycott the movies whose stars/casts have the biggest mouths...you won't miss a thing, and give vocal support to those who engage in media piracy, it seems to be the one area where the hollywood elite don't support anti-capitalism.

I'll tell you what...this year I will boycott the Oscars as a symbolic protest against their political bias...totally unlike the past 30 years when I ignored the Oscars because they were boring, pretentious, and irrelevant.

Instead just boycott the movies whose stars/casts have the biggest mouths...you won't miss a thing, and give vocal support to those who engage in media piracy, it seems to be the one area where the hollywood elite don't support anti-capitalism.

Capitalism as we imagine it here is its own worst enemy, and Don won't budge that needle at all, the system can no longer self correct.

They are voted on by people in the same field or work. Editors vote for best editor, director by directors, etc.

Oh dear! What a horrible situation for you. FYI...I don't watch them either. Not a fan of awards shows....or reality shows.

Capitalism as we imagine it here is its own worst enemy, and Don won't budge that needle at all, the system can no longer self correct.
yeah, you would think hollywood types would be all for media piracy [edit] and its anti-corporate behavior, for some reason they despise it instead, wonder what could be motivating that?

Last edited:

yeah, you would think hollywood types would be all for media privacy and its anti-corporate behavior, for some reason they despise it instead, wonder what could be motivating that?

The same thing that motivates all in american society.

Who cares about the modern jesters awarding each other a prize and flaunting their wealth and decadence? Audiences have been declining steadily for more than ten years.

Watching the Oscar's is a big waste of time.

I would rather be working out in the gym and watching ESPN than as a couch potato watching the Oscar's.

The last movie screening my wife and I attended was a matinee, George of the Jungle, in 1997. It was one of our first dates.

yeah, you would think hollywood types would be all for media privacy and its anti-corporate behavior, for some reason they despise it instead, wonder what could be motivating that?

The same thing that motivates all in american society.
piracy?

I did see Manchester by the sea and Loving. Both were great especially loving where the guy stuck it to those I'll begotten, racist wackos who were so god awful dumb they objected to interracial marriage. God what sick people existed back then and how wrong they were.

New Topics

Forum List

Back