How are Californians so stupid? Hundreds missing in wildfires.

California fires: At least 23 dead as hundreds reported missing - CNN

The whole world has been watching these fires for DAYS. How can you not know it's time to GET THE FUCK OUT when you're only miles from the fires. Meanwhile I'm sitting in the heartland and even I know if you're near that shit it's time to go.

I don't mean to seem insensitive but WTF??? These deaths are just mind bogglingly senseless to me.
Have you ever seen a Santa Ana wind driven firestorm? If not, you really don't know how fast they move. Plus, they jump....sometimes miles.

Q Bodey: Do they make fire cuts in the forest in CA?

I find it incredibly hard to believe fire jumps miles. Seriously.
Most of the fires here aren't even "forests"...they are chapparel and scrub brush. People are told to clear and plant ice plant.....but sometimes, like in Santa Rosa....ain't nothing gonna stop it.

Yeah- most of those commenting here have no clue what the vegetation and terrain are like up there. Lots of very steep terrain- probably 2/3's chapparel and about 1/3 forested- mostly depends on which direction the slope faces. Fire roads are cut through most of the private and public land, but there are incredibly steep sloops through much of that area that cannot be cut with dozers- so owners usually don't cut fire breaks on the slopes but on the ridges or flats.
Here is a control burn taking place with optimum weather conditions for controlling a fire. The naysayers need to watch while imagining this during single digit humidity with 70 mph winds blowing.

The whole world has been watching these fires for DAYS. How can you not know it's time to GET THE FUCK OUT when you're only miles from the fires. Meanwhile I'm sitting in the heartland and even I know if you're near that shit it's time to go.

I don't mean to seem insensitive but WTF??? These deaths are just mind bogglingly senseless to me.
These are the Obama/Clinton voter base.
They are waiting for Obama/ Hillary Clinton to tell them it's time to leave.
Seriously. These LIB pussies don't even know how to tie a fucking shoelace.

Cali gives illegals all kinds fo free shit and cant give out free fire alarms? Even the inbred redneck rube state like TN does that.
Sad

California has the sixth largest economy in the world, troll boy
The US could do well enough without it. Keep that in mind. True Story.

We're sick of their shit. Personally, I don't need a damn thing from California.

Super-cold beaches in the middle of summer with ankle-breaking rocks to boot? I'll pass.

As far as cattle and produce goes, Texas and the SE has it covered.

What was the big draw to CA again?

Earthquakes?

Wildfires?

I'm doing just fine.

Yeah- not surprised that a Contard faux American doesn't appreciate California.

As a real American- even though I may disagree with Texas- I appreciate Texas- and think the United States is better off with all of our 50 states.

What is the big draw to California? Only someone who has never been here would say that.
  • Weather- mild winters, low humidity, great growing climate.
  • Produce- California grows more produce than any other state http://www.slate.com/articles/healt..._and_vegetables_what_would_we_eat_without.htm
  • Yes- we have an occasional earthquake, yes we have wildfires, but we don't have hurricanes, and we virtually have no tornadoes. Or blizzards.
  • Wine- best wine in the country- some of the best in the world. Some of those vines have burned down the last few days.
But as we all know- only a faux American would be pissing on a state during the middle of a disaster. You know- a faux American like you.

The officials who run the emergency alert system declined to broadcast an alert as they were afraid it would cause a panic. Thus when the fires got to the neighborhoods it was mainly neighbors waking neighbors. Add to that the fact that the fire was blitzing along at 100 yards a second and it is easy to see why there are so many who were killed.
Tonight we'll see Maxine Watters accuse Trump of starting the fires b/c Cal. didn't vote for him. Seriously!

View attachment 154043View attachment 154044View attachment 154045View attachment 154046View attachment 154047
Pics from and to our house, then north and south on Clark Rd. Pretty, But scarey. Which is why we want back at the beach.

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app
This is my street, the freaky thing is the fire ignored the oak trees. Freaky how fires behave. Saw it skip homes surrounded by trees and burn homes with no trees or brush a hundred feet around it.
upload_2017-10-13_9-44-10.png

Cali gives illegals all kinds fo free shit and cant give out free fire alarms? Even the inbred redneck rube state like TN does that.
Sad

We're sick of their shit. Personally, I don't need a damn thing from California.

Super-cold beaches in the middle of summer with ankle-breaking rocks to boot? I'll pass.

Earthquakes?

Wildfires?

I'm doing just fine.
:lol: California envy. :lol:

Ya think? How many spring runs are in CA?

Name all there are and get back with me, because I know all about where I am.

Here is a bit nicer, and we have crawdaddies and fish to catch, too.
You're still trying too hard....It's funny that you think we don't have crawfish and fish.....:lol:

Yeah- what a sterling example of ignorant and proud of it.

Sad

Earthquakes?

Wildfires?

I'm doing just fine.

As a real American- even though I may disagree with Texas- I appreciate Texas- and think the United States is better off with all of our 50 states.

What is the big draw to California? Only someone who has never been here would say that.
  • Produce- California grows more produce than any other state http://www.slate.com/articles/healt..._and_vegetables_what_would_we_eat_without.htm
  • Yes- we have an occasional earthquake, yes we have wildfires, but we don't have hurricanes, and we virtually have no tornadoes. Or blizzards.
  • Wine- best wine in the country- some of the best in the world. Some of those vines have burned down the last few days.
But as we all know- only a faux American would be pissing on a state during the middle of a disaster. You know- a faux American like you.
The only thing good left in California is the weather. And only because Democrats have not figured out how to destroy that yet.
Farming is all but a shell of what it was because of Democrat initiated regulations.

These are the Obama/Clinton voter base.
They are waiting for Obama/ Hillary Clinton to tell them it's time to leave.
Seriously. These LIB pussies don't even know how to tie a fucking shoelace.

Why are you Trumptards so fucking ignorant- and determined to stay partisanly ignorant?

Why are you Trumptards so determined to have a partisan pissing match in the middle of a disaster?

Get your head out of Trump's ass.

Sad

Earthquakes?

Wildfires?

I'm doing just fine.

The only thing good left in California is the weather. And only because Democrats have not figured out how to destroy that yet.
Farming is all but a shell of what it was because of Democrat initiated regulations.

Well I know you fled California but that was your choice.

The weather of course is fantastic- as is the wine industry- and the geography.

I live in San Francisco- one of the most beautiful cities in America- on the San Francisco bay- again a gorgeous body of water.

Drive down the coast from Oregon to San Diego and there are lovely communities and beaches and forests the entire way.

Go up to Lake Tahoe and look over the blue waters there and tell me again how the weather is the only thing good in California. Or Yosemite. Or Redwood National Park. Or Death Valley.

Silicon Valley is thriving- and continues to draw the best and brightest from all over the United States and the world.

Of course California has our own problems- does anyone believe any state doesn't have them? But I have travelled all over the United States- and lived in a bunch of places- and I prefer California- even as I appreciate the other places.

Sad

Earthquakes?

Wildfires?

I'm doing just fine.

I live in San Francisco- one of the most beautiful cities in America- on the San Francisco bay- again a gorgeous body of water.

Drive down the coast from Oregon to San Diego and there are lovely communities and beaches and forests the entire way.

Go up to Lake Tahoe and look over the blue waters there and tell me again how the weather is the only thing good in California. Or Yosemite. Or Redwood National Park. Or Death Valley.

Silicon Valley is thriving- and continues to draw the best and brightest from all over the United States and the world.

Of course California has our own problems- does anyone believe any state doesn't have them? But I have travelled all over the United States- and lived in a bunch of places- and I prefer California- even as I appreciate the other places.
I have not fled yet, just in the process.
I'm working at a concert tonight 45 miles away. It will take me 2-4 hours to get there.
Yeah, lots of natural beauty left in Calif but you can't enjoy it because you can't get anywhere.

Sad

Earthquakes?

Wildfires?

I'm doing just fine.

You tried yourself, talking about "faux" when every d-bag in CA wants to be an actor. There's not many real people in the entire state to speak of.

Earthquakes?

Wildfires?

I'm doing just fine.

I'm working at a concert tonight 45 miles away. It will take me 2-4 hours to get there.
Yeah, lots of natural beauty left in Calif but you can't enjoy it because you can't get anywhere.
My dad told me before he passed I wouldn't recognize our mountain community. They fenced it off all the way up the canyon for you can't go anywhere off of the road. The County did that after being sued by druggies and drunks that allowed their kids to drown in the creek while they were partying.

Earthquakes?

Wildfires?

I'm doing just fine.

My dad told me before he passed I wouldn't recognize our mountain community. They fenced it off all the way up the canyon for you can't go anywhere off of the road. The County did that after being sued by druggies and drunks that allowed their kids to drown in the creek while they were partying.
Yep, they don't call it Krazy Kalifornia for nothing.

Sad

Earthquakes?

Wildfires?

I'm doing just fine.

You tried yourself, talking about "faux" when every d-bag in CA wants to be an actor. There's not many real people in the entire state to speak of.
You had doubts about embers flying yesterday. Look at post 261

Sad

Earthquakes?

Wildfires?

I'm doing just fine.

You had doubts about embers flying yesterday. Look at post 261

Ah, I'll concede. It's probably the humidity here that puts embers out after they fly 50 feet.

Earthquakes?

Wildfires?

I'm doing just fine.

From San Francisco it takes me no more than 4-5 hours to reach the following- and most are only 1-2 hours
Lake Tahoe
Yosemite
Gold Country
Sacramento Rail Museum
Napa wine country
Sonoma wine country
Lodi wine country
Central Coast wine country
Monterrey
Carmel
Big Sur
Pt. Reyes National Seashore
Bodega Bay
The town of Mendocino
Santa Cruz
Fort Bragg
Gualala
The American River
Lake Shasta
And so many places in the Sierra's I can begin to name them all.

Sad

Earthquakes?

Wildfires?

I'm doing just fine.

LOL- again- you only expose your wilful ignorance.

As we all know- only a faux American would be pissing on a state during the middle of a disaster. You know- a faux American like you

Some of the deaths of Gramp's 'stupid' Californians

Wine Country fire: Huddled in pool amid blaze, wife dies in husband’s arms

The couple had been vacationing at a home on Crystal Court, at the top of a hill east of Highway 101 and above Santa Rosa’s Fountaingrove neighborhood, which would be devastated by the fires.

Every year the Berrizes took a trip with their daughter and son-in-law, a combined Mother’s Day-Father’s Day-birthday gift, to some wonderful place. This year the family chose Wine Country.

For three days, they toured wineries and lounged around the house, swimming in the backyard pool and enjoying the fine early autumn weather.

“We had three of the best days ever,” said son-in-law Luis Ocon. On Sunday, the Ocons’ daughter joined them, and they invited the owner of the house over for wine and appetizers. There was a lot of laughter.

It was around 1 a.m. Monday that Luis Ocon was awakened by something outside, maybe the wind. He looked out the window and saw, among the swaying trees, a glowing red ember falling to the ground.

“It blew up,” he said. “It hit the ground and just blew up.”

Instantly, flames licked toward the sky, lighting up trees and encircling the house. Luis Ocon woke his wife, his daughter and his in-laws. Everyone ran from the house in just the clothes they’d been sleeping in. Armando and Carmen Berriz managed to pull on shoes.

Outside, the family made a panicked scramble to their cars. Luis Ocon took the lead, then his wife and daughter in a second car. He saw his in-laws get into the third car and take off behind him.

The drive was horrifying. They were surrounded by fire and smoke so thick that Luis Ocon could hardly see in front of him, so he drove by the feel of the tires on the reflectors that bumped like braille down the middle of the road.

At the bottom of the hill he stopped, then ran to his wife when she pulled up. There they waited for her parents.

When no one arrived, he sent his wife and daughter farther down the hill to safety. Luis Ocon tried to drive back to find them, but he could only make it halfway up. The flames were too high, too hot. He feared the worst.

At the top of the hill, the Berrizes hadn’t made it far. One, perhaps two houses down, Armando Berriz got stuck on a fallen tree. He turned to his wife and said they had to get back to the house. The pool, he told her. They had to get in the wate

When Armando Berriz said to get in the water, she did. They ran from their car, through flame and smoke that seemed impenetrable, and jumped in.

The flames, Armando Berriz later told his daughter and son-in-law, were climbing 30 feet high. They engulfed the house and all the trees around it. The fire burned so hot it melted the chaise longues around the pool, and the wind whipped so hard that the furniture soared over their heads.

In the water, Armando Berriz kept them afloat by hanging onto the brick sides, which were hot as oven racks and burned the palms of his hands. His wife held onto him. They dipped as deep as they could get into the water, at times keeping only their noses and mouths, and Armando Berriz’s hands, exposed.
As fires rage, Sonoma County begins grim task of search and
When his wife stopped breathing, Armando Berriz held her still. He held her for hours, he later told his daughter and son-in-law.

Earthquakes?

Wildfires?

I'm doing just fine.

From San Francisco it takes me no more than 4-5 hours to reach the following- and most are only 1-2 hours
Lake Tahoe
Yosemite
Gold Country
Sacramento Rail Museum
Napa wine country
Sonoma wine country
Lodi wine country
Central Coast wine country
Monterrey
Carmel
Big Sur
Pt. Reyes National Seashore
Bodega Bay
The town of Mendocino
Santa Cruz
Fort Bragg
Gualala
The American River
Lake Shasta
And so many places in the Sierra's I can begin to name them all.
Sure, if you leave at 3AM. Dude, takes me 2 hours to go from Santa Rosa to Concord in daylight.

Forum List

Back