How about

I have seen enough of your posts to know you genuinely believe in what you type and do not play partisan politics. And while I support your efforts, our country is so far removed from what the Constitution was originally drawn up for, I do not see any chance of truly "going back".

Does that mean we just stop trying? Men and women have given their very lives for this Republic, They gave their all. If we don't give our all, we make their sacrifice meaningless. We show contempt for freedom and liberty if we give in and give up.

While I agree with the sentiment, I'm largely a pragmatist. People aren't hacks because they care about constitutional interpretation, or the meaning of government, or the pace and direction of human progress, or of the scope and depth of civil liberties or the nature of concepts like "freedom" and "liberty". They're hacks because they see politics as a game and themselves as the cheerleaders. Or maybe the water boy. How does one go about changing that?

The biggest thing we can do to try and help change course, is to walk the walk ourselves. None of us is perfect. We all fall down at times. But if we are going to get anywhere, we have got to help each other understand that what is at stake each and every day, is our Republic, our freedom and liberty.

The heck with political parties and their allegiance. We aren't all going to agree on issues. That is normal and to be expected. But if we debate the issues based on the foundation of this Republic, and not political labels etc, then we will start making progress. The dialogue must be centered around the Constitution. If not, we are wasting our time and allowing this great nation to implode on itself.

Most people wouldn't allow themselves to be abused in a relationship. And yet, they allow their own government to abuse them day after day, and year after year expecting different results.

It doesn't matter what Hannity, Limbaugh, Coulter, Olbermann, Beck, Savage, Boortz, or any other political entertainer says. What matters is what our employees are doing right now. What matters is what we are doing.

I like to debate politics as much as anyone on this board. Venues like this, can be a valuable tool. How many people know where to look on the internet, to find out what legislation has been presented and its status? How many people know how to contact their reps, much less who their reps are?

With all the technology today, we shouldn't have to educate people on how to defend freedom and liberty, but we do.

We have got to get back to the fundamental basics. I can't place love for freedom and liberty inside someone elses heart. However, I can do my best to inspire them, incite them to positive action, and encourage them on when they get tired in themselves.

We are all fellow Americans. If we don't stand united on the ideal of giving this Republic everything we have, our troops at home and abroad are dying for nothing. God forbid it so.

If the children don't see a love and a willing sacrifice for freedom and liberty from us, where will they see that determination and fight? What example are they seeing from the adults, when all they hear are "us vs them" crap?

Each one of us has a duty to freedom and liberty. Voting is but a small part of the whole.

Whether this Republic lives or dies depends on us the employers, not the employees.

The greatest threat to this Republic is "We The People." That is why we must be busy and on guard, lest we become that which we preached against.

I'm a retired guy and I just love spending part of my day telling liberal Democraps what a dumbass they really are. They don't seem to be getting the message and for some reason think they are supreme to anybody else. That Constitution we all love and adore? Washington and the nest of vipers up there doen't believe it's worth the paper it's printed on. Like you, I think Glenn Beck is right on the money so let's see how far this can take us.

Insulting people on the internet may be fun for some. But, doing the "my party isn't as crappy as your party" game isn't going to get the job done.

There are a lot of people that read the board, that are looking for the truth, encouragement, help, or camaraderie. If all they see if the aforementioned, that isn't beneficial to them or anyone else. The same can be said locally.

What motivation is there for the employees to get their act together, when they see the employers doing the same stupid stuff?
Seriously, we're just a bunch of people raging and rambling on a message board. Do any of us do anything more politically than vote? Fact is most of us argue for entertainment's sake. The few of us Monday morning armchair quarterbacks that can even come up with any kind of solution to anything we're tackling today that brings us together, they'll either lack the know-how, the means or the motivation to get anyone in congress or each other to listen and agree.

It's just easier for most of us to pretend we're constitutional scholars and to call everyone else politicians.

I have seen enough of your posts to know you genuinely believe in what you type and do not play partisan politics. And while I support your efforts, our country is so far removed from what the Constitution was originally drawn up for, I do not see any chance of truly "going back".

Does that mean we just stop trying? Men and women have given their very lives for this Republic, They gave their all. If we don't give our all, we make their sacrifice meaningless. We show contempt for freedom and liberty if we give in and give up.

While I agree with the sentiment, I'm largely a pragmatist. People aren't hacks because they care about constitutional interpretation, or the meaning of government, or the pace and direction of human progress, or of the scope and depth of civil liberties or the nature of concepts like "freedom" and "liberty". They're hacks because they see politics as a game and themselves as the cheerleaders. Or maybe the water boy. How does one go about changing that?

Well, if they approach politics from the direction you described at first, instead of the last, they don't have to do much but continue pushing for the values that any responsible adult can see and understand.

But if they are gonna be hacks, then the only way to change it is to put on their big boy or big girl pants and stop acting like children.

I'm a retired guy and I just love spending part of my day telling liberal Democraps what a dumbass they really are. They don't seem to be getting the message and for some reason think they are supreme to anybody else. That Constitution we all love and adore? Washington and the nest of vipers up there doen't believe it's worth the paper it's printed on. Like you, I think Glenn Beck is right on the money so let's see how far this can take us.

Insulting people on the internet may be fun for some. But, doing the "my party isn't as crappy as your party" game isn't going to get the job done.

There are a lot of people that read the board, that are looking for the truth, encouragement, help, or camaraderie. If all they see if the aforementioned, that isn't beneficial to them or anyone else. The same can be said locally.

What motivation is there for the employees to get their act together, when they see the employers doing the same stupid stuff?
Seriously, we're just a bunch of people raging and rambling on a message board. Do any of us do anything more politically than vote? Fact is most of us argue for entertainment's sake. The few of us Monday morning armchair quarterbacks that can even come up with any kind of solution to anything we're tackling today that brings us together, they'll either lack the know-how, the means or the motivation to get anyone in congress or each other to listen and agree.

It's just easier for most of us to pretend we're constitutional scholars and to call everyone else politicians.

while I agree with your position to a point, I also think that if we did get more involved and tried to do what you described, then who knows what changes would be effected.

The problem is that there have been some pretty good ideas expressed here, that HAVE been getting back to the lawmakers only to fall on deaf ears because the political pressures in Washington are not allowing the passage of new and plausible ideas. We truly are NOT being heard. The republicans are sitting around on their hands and not fighting for what they know in their hearts to be true, and the unhinged left is doing everything in it's power to cover up the dismantling that seems to be happening right before our eyes.

Perfect example. Joe Wilson. While his choice of venue wasn't the right choice, his outburst was justified. But sadly, he got ZERO support from his own party. The democrats immediately began demonizing him, (politically justified) using every possible means to do so. Joe actually SAID what he was thinking. Everybody else on his team chooses to keep their mouth's shut. It's pathetically weak in a time when we need REAL leaders to step up and do their jobs....SERVE IN THE BEST INTEREST OF THE PEOPLE. We're not here to bow down to a president...no matter who he is. Politicians in general, seem to forget their cause and purpose for the most part. Instead of becoming part of a collective effort to solve the problems we face, most of them simply impede the progress toward the right solutions.

Many times those solutions can come from the average majority out there. Like us..

So, to make a difference, we have to BE the difference. Start writing your congressmen, call them. Send emails. Be as passionate in your correspondance with your representatives as you are with your fellow posters and bloggers. It's ok to be loud and opinionated! It's ok to disagree with the system. It's ok to speak your mind. It's your vote that puts them in their seat of power. Let them know what you want to see happen during the time they are there doing the job they were elected to do.

If they don't listen, then you don't vote for them again. It's that simple. Soon they will get the message and change will be effected.

Last edited:

You are 100% correct. HOWEVER, just as our society has changed, causing necessary Amendments to the Constitution, the people fighting and their causes have also changed. Can you imagine blacks voluntarily fighting for our country in WWII if they were still slaves as they had been during our Civil War? There simply is NO way to go back to what the Constitution originally meant, nor for whom it was originally meant. Does that make sense?

Can you explain why negroes fought for the Confederacy?

You are 100% correct. HOWEVER, just as our society has changed, causing necessary Amendments to the Constitution, the people fighting and their causes have also changed. Can you imagine blacks voluntarily fighting for our country in WWII if they were still slaves as they had been during our Civil War? There simply is NO way to go back to what the Constitution originally meant, nor for whom it was originally meant. Does that make sense?

I most certainly can. I have studied our American Civil War for over 15 years now. So, if you are looking for a one sentence answer, you can forget it. Do your own damn homework.

Congratulations, you just posted a whole paragraph that had absolutely nothing to say.

well you have a very large void where your brain should sit. how's that for pithy?

he won't he's all about runnning off at the mouth.

I most certainly can. I have studied our American Civil War for over 15 years now. So, if you are looking for a one sentence answer, you can forget it. Do your own damn homework.

You can? By all means use as many sentences needed. You implied that negroes would not have fought in WWII had they still been slaves, and you cite the Civil War as if it would support your point, which it does not. Everyone knows that negroes did indeed fight for the Confederacy and it was a voluntary service.

"And after the battle of Gettysburg in July 1863, ...reported among the rebel prisoners were seven blacks in Confederate uniforms fully armed as soldiers..."
- New York Herald, July 11, 1863.

You can? By all means use as many sentences needed. You implied that negroes would not have fought in WWII had they still been slaves, and you cite the Civil War as if it would support your point, which it does not. Everyone knows that negroes did indeed fight for the Confederacy and it was a voluntary service.

"And after the battle of Gettysburg in July 1863, ...reported among the rebel prisoners were seven blacks in Confederate uniforms fully armed as soldiers..."
- New York Herald, July 11, 1863.

Did you gloss right over, or simply miss my "if they were still slaves" part?

The biggest thing we can do to try and help change course, is to walk the walk ourselves. None of us is perfect. We all fall down at times. But if we are going to get anywhere, we have got to help each other understand that what is at stake each and every day, is our Republic, our freedom and liberty.

The heck with political parties and their allegiance. We aren't all going to agree on issues. That is normal and to be expected. But if we debate the issues based on the foundation of this Republic, and not political labels etc, then we will start making progress. The dialogue must be centered around the Constitution. If not, we are wasting our time and allowing this great nation to implode on itself.

Most people wouldn't allow themselves to be abused in a relationship. And yet, they allow their own government to abuse them day after day, and year after year expecting different results.

It doesn't matter what Hannity, Limbaugh, Coulter, Olbermann, Beck, Savage, Boortz, or any other political entertainer says. What matters is what our employees are doing right now. What matters is what we are doing.

I like to debate politics as much as anyone on this board. Venues like this, can be a valuable tool. How many people know where to look on the internet, to find out what legislation has been presented and its status? How many people know how to contact their reps, much less who their reps are?

With all the technology today, we shouldn't have to educate people on how to defend freedom and liberty, but we do.

We have got to get back to the fundamental basics. I can't place love for freedom and liberty inside someone elses heart. However, I can do my best to inspire them, incite them to positive action, and encourage them on when they get tired in themselves.

We are all fellow Americans. If we don't stand united on the ideal of giving this Republic everything we have, our troops at home and abroad are dying for nothing. God forbid it so.

If the children don't see a love and a willing sacrifice for freedom and liberty from us, where will they see that determination and fight? What example are they seeing from the adults, when all they hear are "us vs them" crap?

Each one of us has a duty to freedom and liberty. Voting is but a small part of the whole.

Whether this Republic lives or dies depends on us the employers, not the employees.

The greatest threat to this Republic is "We The People." That is why we must be busy and on guard, lest we become that which we preached against.
The very terms "freedom" and "liberty" have been co-opted for political points. We hear that health care reform is a threat to our freedom. How is this possible? Will reforming the way health care is paid for and delivered really a threat to freedom itself? We hear that cap and trade legislation is a threat to our liberties. Really? Our very liberties are at risk if we retool our approach to our stewardship of the planet?

I think Conservatives use hot button words like freedom and liberty in an intellectually dishonest way.

If our true freedoms (speech, assembly, bearing arms, voting) were truly threatened, there would be some real dialogue and honest solutions found. If it's just hyperbole for political cheap shots, that rhetoric should be dismissed as propaganda. The "freedoms" and Liberties" Conservatives speak of are the 'freedom' to exploit and the 'liberty' money brings.

The very terms "freedom" and "liberty" have been co-opted for political points. We hear that health care reform is a threat to our freedom. How is this possible? Will reforming the way health care is paid for and delivered really a threat to freedom itself? We hear that cap and trade legislation is a threat to our liberties. Really? Our very liberties are at risk if we retool our approach to our stewardship of the planet?

I think Conservatives use hot button words like freedom and liberty in an intellectually dishonest way.

If our true freedoms (speech, assembly, bearing arms, voting) were truly threatened, there would be some real dialogue and honest solutions found. If it's just hyperbole for political cheap shots, that rhetoric should be dismissed as propaganda. The "freedoms" and Liberties" Conservatives speak of are the 'freedom' to exploit and the 'liberty' money brings.

I haven't thrown around the terms freedom and liberty arbitrarily. I believe that when the employees as well as the employers seek to violate the very foundation of this Republic for whatever mean(s), rights are violated. Another part of the foundation of this Republic is chipped away.

"I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." James Madison

Although your post was civil, it is a prime example of what I was speaking of in my opening post.

As to the highlighted part, do you think the majority of employees in Washington will turn on the flashing red light telling their employers ahead of time, that there is danger with proposed legislation and political action, in regards to the Constitution? No, they do not. What is their action predicated on most of the time? Emotions. "If I play the emotions card, and pander to group A, B or all of the above, that will look for for me, when it comes time for reelection.

Instead of citing the Constitution for actions taken or bills authored for consideration, the employees make the proverbial "its the right thing to do, we need this for America... etc. plea. And when being against action or legislation, the proverbial plea is inverted. They throw out the emotions card, because they know that the majority of people will respond.

Your post was well crafted deflection.

As you now, what you speak about as to the 'norm,' is not the case for me. Yes, I have some fun on message boards. They can be entertaining. But as a whole, I am about getting people to focus on the core problems affecting this Republic. and reminding them what the benchmark is. How we traverse back to the benchmark is where part of the debate ensues. Not all of us will agree on the route taken. The point is to stop playing political football with the foundation of this Republic. Throwing out the "everyone else has done it" argument amongst other logical fallacies is not going to get the job done as it were.

Many on this board see politics in Washington as a game. I do not see it that way. I never have.

As you now, what you speak about as to the 'norm,' is not the case for me. Yes, I have some fun on message boards. They can be entertaining. But as a whole, I am about getting people to focus on the core problems affecting this Republic. and reminding them what the benchmark is. How we traverse back to the benchmark is where part of the debate ensues. Not all of us will agree on the route taken. The point is to stop playing political football with the foundation of this Republic. Throwing out the "everyone else has done it" argument amongst other logical fallacies is not going to get the job done as it were.

Many on this board see politics in Washington as a game. I do not see it that way. I never have.

Which is good, because it's not a game. While I suspect...know...you and I would argue incessantly over the route, I'm with you 100% that we have to stop playing and start moving. One step at a time. ;)

Which is good, because it's not a game. While I suspect...know...you and I would argue incessantly over the route, I'm with you 100% that we have to stop playing and start moving. One step at a time. ;)

As to arguing, that isn't necessarily a bad thing, The healthy exchange of ideas creates an atmosphere whereby both parties have the ability to ruminate over the exchange. Sometimes ones perspective is changed in some manner, after the rumination and or further discussion. Sometimes it isn't. If both parties are stedfast, there has been some accomplishment. The focus has returned to where it should have been to begin with, the Constitution. ;)

As to arguing, that isn't necessarily a bad thing, The healthy exchange of ideas creates an atmosphere whereby both parties have the ability to ruminate over the exchange. Sometimes ones perspective is changed in some manner, after the rumination and or further discussion. Sometimes it isn't. If both parties are stedfast, there has been some accomplishment. The focus has returned to where it should have been to begin with, the Constitution. ;)

Which brings me right back to all the fun we can have arguing over what it really means. :woohoo:

Which brings me right back to all the fun we can have arguing over what it really means. :woohoo:

Have a Constitution party etc. :eusa_think: That is definitely doable.

Only with like-minded people.

Not like-minded as in, our politics match. Like minded as in, with an actual goal in mind of debating in good faith and with an eye to coming up with solutions.

Not like-minded as in, our politics match. Like minded as in, with an actual goal in mind of debating in good faith and with an eye to coming up with solutions.

I am all about hashing it out like the founding fathers did. Bring it on. :evil: I am down with that.

I am all about hashing it out like the founding fathers did. Bring it on. :evil: I am down with that.

The Founders never really finished, just came up with a politically palatable compromise that many of them changed their mids about after the fact. :lol:

As a matter of fact, we're still having the same principal arguments today. Not the Bush was a Nazi/Obama is a commie tempest in a teapot garbage, but the real debate over the meaning of liberty, the role of government, the balance between the individual and the community, the balance between rights and responsibility as well as between powers. Where we've been, what it means, and where we want to go. And all that other good stuff.

So in true American tradition, bring it on. :evil:

Forum List

Back