Houston-YOU HAVE A Problem-Congresswoman Jackson says the Constitution is 400 yrs old

Moving away from the constitution is precisely one of the main reasons the country is in such tatters.

So funding public education and the nws moving away from the constitution? I'd agree with you if what the nsa is doing is unconstitutional(against the 4th amendment) or the president using his power to make laws. That we can both agree on but the constitutional doesn't forbid the formation of agency like above.

Actually, the Constitution does forbid the formation of agencies like the NSA. Can you point the language that authorizes it?

And FYI, the President has no power to make laws. Only Congress has that authority.

The NSA is an agency of the DOD which is constitutional, their domestic activities however are not constitutional.

Sheila Jackson Lee is the idiot aunt of the Democrat Party. The next time the libs here razz on some poor statewide GOP rep for saying something he didnt mean to, we can point to the wit and wisdom of Sheila Jackson Lee.

She was off by 173 years. Rick Perry was off by 200 about the revolutionary war. And he's not just a poor statewide GOP rep.

What is wrong with Texas? :dunno:

Nothing, with the State as a whole, but the people in her district that voted for her need their heads examined.

Her district is one of the least educated and the least informed in the state. Typical commiecrat voters.

Oh wow big gotcha there. Not.
Newsflash:people who are on the campaign trail are often tired and miss details. Lee wasn't and she has a history of this sort of thing. In case you doubt me you can watch this gem:

Sure apologize for him. I'll dismiss it as you would an apology for Jackson. :rolleyes:
You surely see the difference, right?

“Maybe I should offer a good thanks to the distinguished members of the majority, the Republicans, my chairman and others, for giving us an opportunity to have a deliberative constitutional discussion that reinforces the sanctity of this nation and how well it is that we have lasted
some 400 years, operating under a constitution that clearly defines what is constitutional and what is not,” she said.

That would be seven years after Jamestown, Virginia became America’s first permanent English settlement.

Lee is off by only 173 years. It was adopted on Sep. 17, 1787.

Is there any question this is one of the most uneducated Congress member in history?

Of course this is the same woman that said..
During a 2005 visit to the Jet Propulsion Laboratory in California, Lee asked whether the Mars Pathfinder had taken an image of the flag planted on Mars by Neil Armstrong in 1969.

Read more about what a terrible "BOSSY" person she is!
Sheila Jackson Lee ?the mean-girl of Congress

What is it with these negro politicians not getting how old the Constitution actually is? Here is our Constitutionally ineligible putative president (a alleged former constitutional law professor)stating the Constitution was written 20 centuries ago.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiRhHqlzaG4]Obama: Constitution written "20 centuries" ago - YouTube[/ame]

I tend to think it's some flaw in liberal thinking. Numbers just arent that important once you pass a certain point. So we are now $17T in debt. If we are 20T in debt what difference does it make? 30T? 100T? 200T? Since 17T is an abstraction, they are all equally abstractions.
So too, the Constitution was written a long time ago. How long? 200 years. 400 years. 20 centuries. It all means the same thing--a long time ago.
We see it here all the time. Libs mis-state numbers by several degrees but when that's pointed out they slough it off like nothing. BEcause to them one large number is pretty much interchangeable with another large number.

Imagine a college run by negroes and all the wisdom it could bestow...

The Constitution is 400 years old --Rep. Shelia Jackson Lee

Would the island of Guam could tip over if it gets too much weight on one side? --Rep. Hank Johnson

You can drive from the continental US to Hawaii --Sen. Cory Booker

The bitch set me up. --Mayor Marion Barry

“Maybe I should offer a good thanks to the distinguished members of the majority, the Republicans, my chairman and others, for giving us an opportunity to have a deliberative constitutional discussion that reinforces the sanctity of this nation and how well it is that we have lasted
some 400 years, operating under a constitution that clearly defines what is constitutional and what is not,” she said.

That would be seven years after Jamestown, Virginia became America’s first permanent English settlement.

Is there any question this is one of the most uneducated Congress member in history?

During a 2005 visit to the Jet Propulsion Laboratory in California, Lee asked whether the Mars Pathfinder had taken an image of the flag planted on Mars by Neil Armstrong in 1969.

Sheila Jackson Lee is another poster child for term limits.

About 225 years and of a age that is long gone! Its good we won't be going back!

Moving away from the constitution is precisely one of the main reasons the country is in such tatters.

So funding public education and the nws moving away from the constitution? I'd agree with you if what the nsa is doing is unconstitutional(against the 4th amendment) or the president using his power to make laws. That we can both agree on but the constitutional doesn't forbid the formation of agency like above.

You are a very uninformed individual.
And no...The federal government has ZERO business involving itself in public education.
That is a state and local matter.
Feds GET OUT.

Newsflash:people who are on the campaign trail are often tired and miss details. Lee wasn't and she has a history of this sort of thing. In case you doubt me you can watch this gem:

Sure apologize for him. I'll dismiss it as you would an apology for Jackson. :rolleyes:

And if Lee were GOP?

Last edited by a moderator:

How was she able to earn a law degree?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws

And if Lee were GOP?

Then Rabbi would be banging on the walls about how wonderful she is and how evil the libs are

I understand this is a dupe thread (third? fourth?) but I'd like to remind the OP that most Texans believe the universe was created 6000 years ago and man walked with the dinosaurs.

They make Jackson look like Einstein in comparison.

About 225 years and of a age that is long gone! Its good we won't be going back!

Sheila Jackson Lee was a product of public education. How much more money do we want to throw at a broken program?

Sheila Jackson Lee is the idiot aunt of the Democrat Party. The next time the libs here razz on some poor statewide GOP rep for saying something he didnt mean to, we can point to the wit and wisdom of Sheila Jackson Lee.

She was off by 173 years. Rick Perry was off by 200 about the revolutionary war. And he's not just a poor statewide GOP rep.

What is wrong with Texas? :dunno:

.....too busy trying to keep up with 57 States and a 400 year old Constitution.

Forum List

Back