Housing Prices are Starting to drop

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
That in turn means that some money that was going to the stock market will instead go into the housing market. The big question is will that cause a panic or will it be taken in stride?

Republicans, to a man, will pretend everything is butter, until the building is almost burned to the ground.

That's how they roll.

Housing prices were too high to begin with. Many were priced out of the market as they rose at an unsustainable rate. Interest rates are rising, tax deduct-ability has shrunk. Anyone not seeing this coming was just not paying attention. Using your home as a piggy bank is never a good idea. I know far too many people who are nearing retirement with many years left on their mortgages because they used the equity in their homes to finance cars, trips and on and on. And now they panic, but they still use the equity instead of cutting back. Know far too many with car payments that exceed their mortgage payments. Sad, but you simply cannot talk sense into most.

Housing prices were too high to begin with. Many were priced out of the market as they rose at an unsustainable rate. Interest rates are rising, tax deduct-ability has shrunk. Anyone not seeing this coming was just not paying attention. Using your home as a piggy bank is never a good idea. I know far too many people who are nearing retirement with many years left on their mortgages because they used the equity in their homes to finance cars, trips and on and on. And now they panic, but they still use the equity instead of cutting back. Know far too many with car payments that exceed their mortgage payments. Sad, but you simply cannot talk sense into most.
I refinanced my house at 3.5 percent. I am retired but see no reason to pay it off. Plus I get to deduct the interest

I refinanced my house at 3.5 percent. I am retired but see no reason to pay it off. Plus I get to deduct the interest

Then you had adequate funds to do so. That's good. The ones I am speaking about don't, and will need to sell just to retire in many of these cases.

Then you had adequate funds to do so. That's good. The ones I am speaking about don't, and will need to sell just to retire in many of these cases.

Me, I'm just wondering about when and how the buy high, sell low reflex will kick in

Forum List

Back