House Votes to Halt U.S. Role in Lybia

Ever notice how USC is always using words like idiots, hacks and he does it a lot. I am think that maybe it is because he see one each morning when he gets up. I am a conservative but also and idiot and hack but he seems to do far more name calling that actually staying with the theme of the post. Go figure.

but there are so many justifiable opportunities on here to use those terms in a very fitting way.

I kind of view it as an obligation to humanity to eliminate as much dumbassedness in the world as I can before I go.

Last edited:
interesting Opinion Piece by Krauthammer on this subject.

Who takes us to war? - The Washington Post

I agree with him that declarations of war are a state instrument of the past. What is needed is an amendment that defines how the president, as commander in chief can use the military, and how the people, via congress determine how and for how long he can use it.

We already have that. Funding for the military can be for no more than two years. It is up to congress to determine if we need a military after that.

Unfortunately, congress feels that they must fund the military every two years but one of the choices is whether we have a military at all.

A here's some more of their so-called legislative wisdom effect the military!

June 23, 2011 - Vet-Related Bills

Rep. Nan Hayworth [R-NY19] introduced H.R. 2305: To amend title 38, United States Code, to make memorial headstones and markers available for purchase on behalf of members of reserve components who performed inactive duty training or active duty for training but did not serve on active duty.

Introduced: H.R. 2312: To amend title 10, United States Code, to provide a special rule with respect to purchases by the Department of Defense of textile and apparel products of Federal Prison Industries.
Rep. Walter Jones [R-NC3] introduced this bill.

Introduced: H.R. 2318: To amend title 38, United States Code, to authorize the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to increase the amount of the Medal of Honor special pension provided under that title by up to $500.
Rep. Peter Sessions [R-TX32] introduced this bill.

Rep. Marlin Stutzman [R-IN3] introduced H.R. 2345: To amend title 38, United States Code, to extend the authorization of appropriations for the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to pay a monthly assistance allowance to disabled veterans training or competing for the Paralympic Team and the authorization of appropriations for the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to provide assistance to United States Paralympics, Inc.

Introduced: S. 1264: A bill to require the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to permit facilities of the Department of Veterans Affairs to be designated as voter registration agencies, and for other purposes.
Sen. Dianne Feinstein [D-CA] introduced this bill.

Sen. Tom Udall [D-NM] introduced S. 1272: A bill to require the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to submit to Congress a report on the feasibility and advisability of establishing of a polytrauma rehabilitation center or polytrauma network site of the Department of Veterans Affairs in the southern New Mexico and El Paso, Texas, region, and for other purposes.

Don't blame them. If we are going to continue to have all these wars, we need to have them closer to home so the troops can get home on the weekends to do their laundry.

Friday - June 24, 2011

The House has voted to reject continuation of the U.S. role in Lybia.

The vote was 295 to 123 with 70 Democrats voting with the majority.

A second vote to defund almost all military operations in Lybia is scheduled.

It is speculated neither measure has any chance to pass the Senate most especially with John McCain taking the lead to support the U.S. involvement in Lybia.

House rejects measure to continue US role in Libya - Yahoo! News

So instead of a debate on ways and means to stimulate our economy and reduce unemployment, Speaker Boehner puts forth a bill to debate something which has no chance to pass the Senate and would likley be vetoed by the President if it did.

What do we pay these people to do? It seems mental masturbation is the plan of the day everyday.

Friday - June 24, 2011

It is speculated neither measure has any chance to pass the Senate most especially with John McCain taking the lead to support the U.S. involvement in Lybia.

If we sit back and think about this, we will see one of the funniest things we have ever seen out of the Senate.

The far left and far right just agreed with each other to shut down the funding.

It's those beloved moderates that want us to keep killing people.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And in related news, a snowball was seen rolling out of the Gates of Hell. :cool:

Friday - June 24, 2011

So instead of a debate on ways and means to stimulate our economy and reduce unemployment, Speaker Boehner puts forth a bill to debate something which has no chance to pass the Senate and would likley be vetoed by the President if it did.

What do we pay these people to do? It seems mental masturbation is the plan of the day everyday.

If you don't ask, the answer is already no.

Beside the House put forth a budget. Remember all the claims they are going to kill seniors by destroying medicare?

This is a huge embarrassment for the Administration and I'm sure the White House is in full damage control mode. The media seems pretty quiet right now.

Yup, the game of politics continue.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umrp1tIBY8Q]YouTube - ‪Sonny & Cher The Beat Goes On‬‏[/ame]

I will refer my opinion to the words of one of the representatives...
"We're there because we don't like Muammar Qaddafi. Well, there are a lot of bad guys in the world, and if we start picking them off one at a time, we will be at war with most of the world."

I will refer my opinion to the words of one of the representatives...
"We're there because we don't like Muammar Qaddafi. Well, there are a lot of bad guys in the world, and if we start picking them off one at a time, we will be at war with most of the world."

Russia
China
Mexico
North Korea
Viet Nam
The entire ME
Most of Africa
and 50% of South - Central America

but not Canada. Filthy canukians have thier claws set deep into our political machine.

It truly amazes me. So many of you are so politicized and so ideological that nothing seems to phase you.

I'm by no means a war monger but I recognise the reality that it is sometimes absolutely neccessary for the U.S. to wage war.

In the case of Libya, Gahdafi is a dictator that is responsible for a terrorist attack which killed many innocent people. We cannot forget this. He is an enemy of all the people of the world. We must show all dictators and terrorists that their actions will not be forgiven or forgotten.

Ronald Reagan attempted to assasinate Gahdafi by bombing. It's grossly political and partisan that conservatives do not support this war in Libya.

Liberals that are against this war are simply condoning terrorism.

The same thing holds true in Afganistan. We were attacked by the Talibans ally, Al Queda. If we do not win in Afganistan, they will almost certainly attack us again.

The war in Afganistan is more like WWII, when were were also attacked without provocation. It is not like Vietnam or the Iraqi war or even like the Persian gulf war. All of those were wars of choice.

Like WWII, the war in Afganistan is a war that HAS to be fought.

The only way to win in Afghanistan is to kill on a genocidal level and then contain (like on reservations), and occupy on into eternity. Like we did with American Indian tribes in our nations westward expansion with the aim of nation building. That is the only way you defeat tribalism within a large bordered land mass.
Fortunately, we don't have the appetite or money to do the above; and this wars' design has and continues to be a farce. Therefore this war does not have to be fought, we cannot win it, and do not belong there.
The same applies to Libya, too!

Last edited:
It truly amazes me. So many of you are so politicized and so ideological that nothing seems to phase you.

I'm by no means a war monger but I recognise the reality that it is sometimes absolutely neccessary for the U.S. to wage war.

In the case of Libya, Gahdafi is a dictator that is responsible for a terrorist attack which killed many innocent people. We cannot forget this. He is an enemy of all the people of the world. We must show all dictators and terrorists that their actions will not be forgiven or forgotten.

Ronald Reagan attempted to assasinate Gahdafi by bombing. It's grossly political and partisan that conservatives do not support this war in Libya.

The same thing holds true in Afganistan. We were attacked by the Talibans ally, Al Queda. If we do not win in Afganistan, they will almost certainly attack us again.

The war in Afganistan is more like WWII, when were were also attacked without provocation. It is not like Vietnam or the Iraqi war or even like the Persian gulf war. All of those were wars of choice.

My advice, take 5 minutes (as that's all it'd take) and research the monsters we're supporting in Libya, then come back here and try to keep cheering that disaster on.

Friday - June 24, 2011

Foxy's link addresses both bills.
The vote was 295-123, with 70 Democrats abandoning Obama one day after Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton had made a last-minute plea in a Capitol Hill meeting.
But shortly after that vote, the House turned back a Republican-led effort to cut off money for military hostilities in the Libyan war.
The vote was 238-180. The funding measure would have barred drone attacks and airstrikes but allowed the United States to continue actions in support of NATO.
So does yours
The first measure -- similar to legislation introduced in the Senate by Sen. John Kerry, D-Massachusetts, and Sen. John McCain, R-Arizona -- was backed by the White House. It was defeated 123-295, with Republicans overwhelmingly opposing the measure and Democrats voting more narrowly in favor of it.
The second measure was strongly supported by House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, and other top GOP leaders. It was defeated 180-238, with Democrats largely voting no as Republicans voted yes by a slimmer margin.

What's backwards again????
:eusa_whistle:

interesting Opinion Piece by Krauthammer on this subject.

Who takes us to war? - The Washington Post

I agree with him that declarations of war are a state instrument of the past. What is needed is an amendment that defines how the president, as commander in chief can use the military, and how the people, via congress determine how and for how long he can use it.

I think it's called The War Powers Act.

I think it's also been established that Barry doesn't give 2 flying farts about it or what Congress has to say on the matter.

The constitutionality of the war powers act has been debated since it was passed. A true fix would an amendment defining how the president can direct the armed forces, and when he has to go to Congress for approval.

I agree. The amendment would read "If the President rejects or ignores or impedes the Congress' vote, he shall be impeached forthwith for high treason against the representatives of the people of the United States of America."

very good post.

and you care enough about Libya that you managed to spell it correctly.

honest people do that.

Forum List

Back