House Speaker Nancy Pelosi Blocks President Trump Entry into Capitol Building

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
ILOVE THIS....
Trump can adjourn Congress per the Constitution.

Send them home bring them back when they have a better attitude....somewhere in 2020 would work!

never-pick-a.jpg

The Conservative Treehouse ^ | January 22, 2019

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi Blocks President Trump Entry into Capitol Building – Confirms State of Union Speech Cancellation…

It looks like Speaker of The House Nancy Pelosi has no intention of allowing the House chamber to be used for a State of the Union address.

Speaker Pelosi has informed the House Sergeant at Arms that no executive branch official will be permitted entry into the Capitol building.

Earlier Fox News reported Pelosi cancelled a walkthrough last week, and a second request for reconsideration from the White House is expected to meet the same fate. The House Speaker controls who is, and who is not, permitted entry to the House floor. Until Speaker Pelosi calls for a vote to support a joint session of congress, the President cannot enter the chamber.

Deputy White House Press Secretary Hogan Gidley discusses the status of the current shutdown negotiations and the likelihood a SOU address will have to take place outside Washington DC.

Hold it with a HUGE RALLY.....and dont invite the ABNORMAKS......ROTFLMFAO!!!

Not 100% sure, but I don’t think Trump can adjourn Congress.

Article 2 Sec 3

The President can convene both the House and the Senate. He can convene them or adjourn them.

"He shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient; he may, on extraordinary Occasions, convene both Houses, or either of them,

and in Case of Disagreement between them, with Respect to the Time of Adjournment, he may adjourn them to such Time as he shall think proper; he shall receive Ambassadors and other public Ministers; he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed, and shall Commission all the Officers of the United States.

https://www.usconstitution.net/xconst_A2Sec3.html

All this is to make Trump turn the State of the union into an angry off-script partisan diatribe. Seriously, Trump should be driven into blind rage at every opportunity. Make that fucker ragequit on twitter in the middle of night.

Not 100% sure, but I don’t think Trump can adjourn Congress.

Article 2 Sec 3

The President can convene both the House and the Senate. He can convene them or adjourn them.

"He shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient; he may, on extraordinary Occasions, convene both Houses, or either of them,

and in Case of Disagreement between them, with Respect to the Time of Adjournment, he may adjourn them to such Time as he shall think proper; he shall receive Ambassadors and other public Ministers; he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed, and shall Commission all the Officers of the United States.

https://www.usconstitution.net/xconst_A2Sec3.html

"He shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such Measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient; he may, on extraordinary Occasions, convene both Houses, or either of them, and in Case of Disagreement between them, with Respect to the Time of Adjournment, he may adjourn them to such Time as he shall think proper; he shall receive Ambassadors and other public Ministers; he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed, and shall Commission all the Officers of the United States.”

Of course the challenge becomes to define “extraordinary circumstances”.

Its the people's House not Nancy's house what a dingbat.

It's a stupid stunt but I'm pretty sure she can do it. Trump can override it ... But it's not worth the trouble. I would love to see it done in a 100,000 seat stadium! It would positively sell out!

Why not?

Jo

ILOVE THIS....

Send them home bring them back when they have a better attitude....somewhere in 2020 would work!

never-pick-a.jpg

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi Blocks President Trump Entry into Capitol Building – Confirms State of Union Speech Cancellation…

It looks like Speaker of The House Nancy Pelosi has no intention of allowing the House chamber to be used for a State of the Union address.

Speaker Pelosi has informed the House Sergeant at Arms that no executive branch official will be permitted entry into the Capitol building.

Earlier Fox News reported Pelosi cancelled a walkthrough last week, and a second request for reconsideration from the White House is expected to meet the same fate. The House Speaker controls who is, and who is not, permitted entry to the House floor. Until Speaker Pelosi calls for a vote to support a joint session of congress, the President cannot enter the chamber.

Deputy White House Press Secretary Hogan Gidley discusses the status of the current shutdown negotiations and the likelihood a SOU address will have to take place outside Washington DC.

Who's being childless now. The best SOTU ever done from the biggest football stadium in the states. Invite that dude who created that American song to play live.

It's a stupid stunt but I'm pretty sure she can do it. Trump can override it ... But it's not worth the trouble. I would love to see it done in a 100,000 seat stadium! It would positively sell out!

Why not?

Jo

Trump should hold the SOTU in...wait for it...San Francisco! Yeah, I'm that mean to the left. :21:

ILOVE THIS....

never-pick-a.jpg

Who's being childless now. The best SOTU ever done from the biggest football stadium in the states. Invite that dude who created that American song to play live.

Hell yes!

Screw that roach infested shit shack.

Jo

Why not?

Jo

Trump should hold the SOTU in...wait for it...San Francisco! Yeah, I'm that mean to the left. :21:

He'd have to find a friendly mayor.

Jo

Everyone is laughing at Pelosi...what a buffoon...she is just afraid he will call her out in front congress and turn around and verbally bitch slap her on National TV....

Why not?

Jo

Can you imagine the riot in front of their stadium if they did that?

Forum List

Back