"House Oversight Committee to Consider Modest Change to Height Act"

RandomVariable

VIP Member
Jan 7, 2014
House Oversight Committee to Consider Modest Change to Height Act : Roll Call News

The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee convenes Wednesday morning to consider the modest change, proposed by Chairman Darrell Issa, R-Calif., to the 1910 Height of Buildings Act. Under Issa’s bill, the law would be amended to allow people in D.C. to occupy single-story penthouse structures that are no taller than 20 feet above the level of the roof.

Ah, come on! You got to be kidding me! - cue voice over - "Where last left off Issa cut off Cummings' mic, making national news, and raising the ever present question, "Are Republicans indeed racist?"" The IRS scandal is one of the very few threads Republicans are holding on to for reelection and Chairman Issa has decided to consider building height! Are we now going to just go back to everyone going around the room taking turns and acting polite like nothing ever happened? Ah, come on. I wanted some real House Oversight Committee drama.

Well this is not very excite. Just some Representatives speaking nicely to each other. For my $14 million worth of investigation I want some something a little more thrilling. Right now they are talking about data breaches of agency systems. At least it is something. Republicans have tried to hit Obamacare from the angle that is has data security problems, of which it has 0. I might file for false advertising all the same. I attached a screen shot of the top half of the Committee of Oversight and Government Reform, sorry for the chop but that is my screen resolution.

Live committee streaming: House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform Live Stream - THOMAS (Library of Congress)
Committee site: Home | Committee on Oversight & Government Reform

Attachments

• $oversight_committee.png
    $oversight_committee.png
    165 KB · Views: 109
The HR 4192 has passed! and is sent to the House with recommendation of the committee. That was pretty thrilling after all. ;)

Another day watching a little live House floor debate. Representatives are so much more animated than Senators. Never guess what today's House Resolution is? Yes, you guessed it, repeal Obamacare and/or attack the President. 51 votes on Obamacare and many votes for resolutions that are veiled, or not so veiled, attacks on the President. Any idea who decides what resolutions will be brought to the House? One person, Speaker Boehner. All Boehner would have to day is set aside a single day to vote on immigration reform, or unemployment benefits, or minimum wage, or any other resolution. One day. That is all it would take. Speaker Boehner, and Speaker Boehner alone, decides what is the most important matter to the American public. When the decision was between immigration reform or repeal Obamacare it was repeal Obamacare. When it was immigration reform or a second vote to repeal Obamacare it was to repeal Obamacare. When it was immigration reform or a third vote to repeal Obamacare it was to repeal Obamacare. You get the idea, 51 times. Today the most important to the American public Speaker Boehner has decide another resolution to attack Obama. Listening to Republican after Republican bemoan that the President is not letting them do their job is the utmost of the ironies. Oh, if you are holding your breath for Speaker Boehner to find that single day to pass immigration reform, don't. He has already decided that every single day the House is in session between now and the November elections will hold resolutions more important than immigration reform. Next time you hear that there have been 52 votes to repeal Obamacare realize that was another day's vote that Speaker Boehner has decided was more important than immigration reform or any other issue to the American public.

Every single American should be upset that the IRS has become partisan rather than non partisan.
Everyone should be upset that Lerner worked behind the scenes after she was let go from her job, on the new 501c 4 rules that now shuts up political individuals.

Every single American should be upset that the IRS has become partisan rather than non partisan.
Everyone should be upset that Lerner worked behind the scenes after she was let go from her job, on the new 501c 4 rules that now shuts up political individuals.

It there a list anywhere of the flagged applications? If those flagged are indeed not primarily for social welfare than the process was actually an effective method for flagging bogus applications.

It there a list anywhere of the flagged applications? If those flagged are indeed not primarily for social welfare than the process was actually an effective method for flagging bogus applications.

That information is not given out during an ongoing investigation.

IRS - According to the IRS, if your organization plans to participate in campaigning or lobbying activities, it can only receive tax-exemption through a 501c4 status.

501c3 status precludes an organization from participating in campaigning and lobbying activities

That information is not given out during an ongoing investigation.

IRS - According to the IRS, if your organization plans to participate in campaigning or lobbying activities, it can only receive tax-exemption through a 501c4 status.

501c3 status precludes an organization from participating in campaigning and lobbying activities

I am somewhat familiar with non-profit tax status, I mean I have read about it recently. What I am wondering is if there is not a gag order, which I could not image there would be, why haven't any of the organizations falsely flagged raised a stink about it?

"WE MAKE LAWS!" (while I stand here wasting taxpayers dollars trying to get reelected.) Republicans sure cheered that one on. :poop:

Ah, come on! You got to be kidding me! - cue voice over - "Where last left off Issa cut off Cummings' mic, making national news, and raising the ever present question, "Are Republicans indeed racist?"" The IRS scandal is one of the very few threads Republicans are holding on to for reelection and Chairman Issa has decided to consider building height! Are we now going to just go back to everyone going around the room taking turns and acting polite like nothing ever happened? Ah, come on. I wanted some real House Oversight Committee drama.

LOL, Issa "cut off Cummings." Cummings was acting like a childish ass. Issa was a saint to put up with his crap.

I don't get what makes you upset about addressing building heights in DC exactly. Unless you're just pulling a Cummings and having a tantrum and wanting attention for it.

LOL, Issa "cut off Cummings." Cummings was acting like a childish ass. Issa was a saint to put up with his crap.

I don't get what makes you upset about addressing building heights in DC exactly. Unless you're just pulling a Cummings and having a tantrum and wanting attention for it.

You watched Fox's clipped version of that exchange I presume.

You watched Fox's clipped version of that exchange I presume.

What I saw was a version posted by a liberal stick up their ass, it seemed pretty comprehensive. It was pretty obvious that Lois Lane wasn't going to answer the question. Cummings started reasonably polite, though he lied about wanting to help them get the information they wanted. Then when Issa let him start, he started ranting and making accusations and accusing them of evil intentions and ignoring what anyone said to him, so they left. What did I miss?

"I heard it on School House Rock." Aren't you the guys trying to defund PBS? Save Big Bird!

Well, that was fun. The House now just does open floor statements for anyone who wants to stay after class and say something nice about someone. Very quaint and all. Today was pretty good. You people who watch House of Cards have no idea what you're missing. Although I have never actually watched the show.

Forum List

Back