House GOP to vote NO on stimulus package

And lets not forget angelheart their ideas have been what gave us this huge mess.

It wasn't just theirs. Let's not forget that the Dem's had a hand in all this too. Don't go acting like they are saints in all this... And look they are repeating the exact same issue that has gotten us where we are today... I wonder what has more earmarks the SCHIP bill from a year or so ago or this one? It's all the extra BS that they have tacked on to it. Thankfully some of it has fallen off but not all of it.

I for one will not be fooled by the GOP. They can oppose the stimulus and try to portray themselves as champions of limited government, but their recent history proves otherwise. The headline should read "GOP will oppose this particular version of the stimulus package".

I know this is conjecture on my part, but I seriously doubt the GOP would oppose a stimulus package if McCain had won the Presidency and the GOP hadn't have taken a colossal bitch-slapping in the Congressional races.

If McCain had had balls even half the size of Palin's, he would have rejected the INITIAL stimulus package and he'd be president today.

I think most are right when they point out that the #1 reason not one Republican has refused THIS stimulus package is because they KNOW the economy will be hurt, not helped, by it and they aren't going down with that ship. The only reason the dems wanted them on board was so when that happens, as they ALL know it will (and just don't care) they can say "Look, they wanted it too....".

Two years and we're back in the majority. Four years of this and America will be ready to usher in an ultra-conservative, so long as they don't resemble anything we've seen since Reagan.

Goodbye Republican Party. When this bill begins to help our economy, curb unemployment and sends the market over 9500, you're not only going to lose 2010, you're going to lose 2012.

Boehner to GOP: Vote against stimulus - Patrick O'Connor and Jonathan Martin - Politico.com

ROFL... Well FIRST it needs to be noted the the vote AGAINST this bill was BI-PARTISAN! With 13 DEmocrats voting with the unanimous GOP vote.

Secondly all this bill is going to do is dramatically increase the liability against the dollar and having subsidized under performance, encourage more under performance. Meaning its not going to produce anything a except prolonging the recession.

Of course the MSM will cheer the under performing results as miraculous but that won't help the numbers

Here are some additional fun facts of the Pork, i mean, Stimulus Package...

• In 1993, the unemployment was virtually the same as the rate today (around 7%). Yet, President Clinton’s proposed stimulus legislation *only* contained $16 billion in spending

• The total cost of this one piece of legislation is almost as much as the annual discretionary budget for the entire federal government.

• This legislation nears a trillion dollars. President Reagan said the best way to understand a trillion dollars is to imagine a crisp, new stack of $1000 bills.

• If you had a stack four inches high, you’d be a millionaire. A trillion-dollar stack of $1000 bills would measure just over 63 miles high.

• In $20 bills, a trillion dollar stack would be 3150 miles high. That’s about the distance between DC and Trujillo, Peru.

• President-elect Obama has said that his proposed stimulus legislation will create or save 3 million jobs. This means that this legislation will spend about $275,000 per job. The average household income in the U.S. is $42,000 a year.

• This bill provides enough spending to give every man, woman, and child in America $2,700.

• This bill will cost each and every household $6,700 in additional debt, paid for by our children and grandchildren.

• Although this legislation has been billed and described as a transportation and infrastructure investment package, but only three percent ($30 billion) of this package is for road and highway spending.

• Much of the funding within the proposed stimulus package will go to programs which already have large, unexpended balances.

• For example, the draft bill provides $1 billion for Community Development Block Grants (CDBG), which already has $16 billion on hand.

• And, this year, Congress has plans to rescind $9 billion in highway funding that the states have not yet used.

• Deficit spending will not expand the economy. If that were true, then the current $1.2 trillion deficit -- the largest in history -- would already be rescuing the economy.

• $800 billion more will not change that.

• Trade groups state that every $1 billion in highway “stimulus” can be spent creating 34,779 new construction jobs.

• But Congress must first borrow that $1 billion out of the private sector.

• The private sector then loses or forgoes roughly the same number of jobs.

• Japan responded to a 1990 recession by passing 10 “stimulus” bills over 8 years (building the largest national debt in the industrialized world). Their economy remained stagnant and their per capita income went from the second highest in the world to the tenth highest.

:eusa_whistle:

Work is slow today, so i had time to post this, go figure ..........

Last edited:
Here are some additional fun facts of the Pork, i mean, Stimulus Package...

• In 1993, the unemployment was virtually the same as the rate today (around 7%). Yet, President Clinton’s proposed stimulus legislation *only* contained $16 billion in spending

• The total cost of this one piece of legislation is almost as much as the annual discretionary budget for the entire federal government.

• This legislation nears a trillion dollars. President Reagan said the best way to understand a trillion dollars is to imagine a crisp, new stack of $1000 bills.

• If you had a stack four inches high, you’d be a millionaire. A trillion-dollar stack of $1000 bills would measure just over 63 miles high.

• In $20 bills, a trillion dollar stack would be 3150 miles high. That’s about the distance between DC and Trujillo, Peru.

• President-elect Obama has said that his proposed stimulus legislation will create or save 3 million jobs. This means that this legislation will spend about $275,000 per job. The average household income in the U.S. is $42,000 a year.

• This bill provides enough spending to give every man, woman, and child in America $2,700.

• This bill will cost each and every household $6,700 in additional debt, paid for by our children and grandchildren.

• Although this legislation has been billed and described as a transportation and infrastructure investment package, but only three percent ($30 billion) of this package is for road and highway spending.

• Much of the funding within the proposed stimulus package will go to programs which already have large, unexpended balances.

• For example, the draft bill provides $1 billion for Community Development Block Grants (CDBG), which already has $16 billion on hand.

• And, this year, Congress has plans to rescind $9 billion in highway funding that the states have not yet used.

• Deficit spending will not expand the economy. If that were true, then the current $1.2 trillion deficit -- the largest in history -- would already be rescuing the economy.

• $800 billion more will not change that.

• Trade groups state that every $1 billion in highway “stimulus” can be spent creating 34,779 new construction jobs.

• But Congress must first borrow that $1 billion out of the private sector.

• The private sector then loses or forgoes roughly the same number of jobs.

• Japan responded to a 1990 recession by passing 10 “stimulus” bills over 8 years (building the largest national debt in the industrialized world). Their economy remained stagnant and their per capita income went from the second highest in the world to the tenth highest.

:eusa_whistle:

Work is slow today, so i had time to post this, go figure ..........

Nice find.. .heard most of it already... but good to post to put a little perspective out there

I heard the House GOP fell in love with Obama. They all got shivers down their legs.

But then they could not show weakness and give in, so they sent him a message that they can not be sweet talked into doing the right thing for 90% of the American people. They only work for the top 10%.

Remember that. Whenever the GOP talk about the American people, they are referring to the top 10% richest and the Corporations.

They absolutely NEVER mean the bottom 90%. To them, we are just there for them to use. If any of us become rich, we are more than welcome to join them, but until then, we don't matter. They don't even think we should vote.

Does this look familiar?

Signaling that Republicans plan to oppose at least part of President Clinton's economic program, Senator Robert Dole, the minority leader, and three other Republican Senators said today that they disagreed with the Administration's plans for a short-term stimulus package because it would increase the deficit this year.

Ha! They were dead wrong then and they are dead wrong now.

Feb 1993

G.O.P. IS OPPOSED TO ECONOMIC PLAN - New York Times

Isn't it ironic

In attacking the stimulus program, the Republicans seemed to be asserting that the economy President George Bush handed over to his successor (CLINTON) was in good shape, three previous years of anemic growth notwithstanding. CAN YOU BELIEVE THEM?

Despite the Republican criticisms, Administration officials made it clear today that they were still tilting heavily in favor of a stimulus program.

Is that how any of you remember 1990-92? LOL.

In attacking the stimulus program, the Republicans seemed to be asserting that the economy President George Bush handed over to his successor (CLINTON) was in good shape, three previous years of anemic growth notwithstanding. CAN YOU BELIEVE THEM?

Despite the Republican criticisms, Administration officials made it clear today that they were still tilting heavily in favor of a stimulus program.

are you fucking serious???????????????

opposing that boondoggle is part of what got the GOP majorities in BOTH bodies of congress
you are a complete and total fucking moron with your revisionist history

Last edited:
I heard the House GOP fell in love with Obama. They all got shivers down their legs.

But then they could not show weakness and give in, so they sent him a message that they can not be sweet talked into doing the right thing for 90% of the American people. They only work for the top 10%.

Remember that. Whenever the GOP talk about the American people, they are referring to the top 10% richest and the Corporations.

They absolutely NEVER mean the bottom 90%. To them, we are just there for them to use. If any of us become rich, we are more than welcome to join them, but until then, we don't matter. They don't even think we should vote.

How exactly does this horrendous legislation help the American people?

How exactly does this horrendous legislation help the American people?

It will get people working and get money circulating again.

opposing that boondoggle is part of what got the GOP majorities in BOTH bodies of congress

And between them and the Centrist Clinton, they set the ball in motion to turn America into a fascist state.

This is one of the reasons I didn't vote for Hillary. She's a sellout too. Maybe a little better than the GOP, but Bill Clinton served the rich bankers too much.

1. Raised the interest that they could charge us.
2. Made it harder for people like us to file bankruptsy but easier for the rich
3. NAFTA and CAFTA
4. Deregulated the media
5. He appointed people that the FEDS told him to appoint.

People who say this economy is clinton's fault are a joke. You are a joke. Watch Freedom to Fascism. Until you do, you remain under informed.

And between them and the Centrist Clinton, they set the ball in motion to turn America into a fascist state.

This is one of the reasons I didn't vote for Hillary. She's a sellout too. Maybe a little better than the GOP, but Bill Clinton served the rich bankers too much.

3. NAFTA and CAFTA
4. Deregulated the media

People who say this economy is clinton's fault are a joke. You are a joke. Watch Freedom to Fascism. Until you do, you remain under informed.
youn are a fucking CLOWN
no one here takes you any more seriously than they do the moron troofers

:lol:
you show over and over how clueless and out of touch you are

3. NAFTA and CAFTA
4. Deregulated the media

youn are a fucking CLOWN

No Dive. No one takes you seriously. We privately email about you all the time. We laugh at you Dave. :lol:

Anyways, I'm trying to get us to stop fighting. Because you are not the enemy. You are just one of the poor morons the enemy has convinced to argue with me.

Like abortion, guns, god, gays, etc.

To give the stimulous, to not give it, more tax breaks, sending jobs overseas, doing away with unions.

It is all irrelivent if you don't do away with the Federal Reserve. They own this country.

So you can go back to arguing about things they LOVE to hear you argue about. Shit that doesn't matter. Should they vote on the stimulous package, should they give phone companies retroactive immunity, should we torture, did saddam have wmd's, etc.

YOU ARE AN ASS CLOWN DAVE. :lol:

What kills me about this bill is that it instantly sends almost a trillion dollars into the crapper, just like the last pointless stimulus bill. My family got a check for $1500. Big f'n whoop. That's hardly half of what I'm paying on my mortgage to try and pay if off early. That's about 2.5 months of good childcare. That's not even a decent used car. Who cares?

Yaay we are gonna build bridges and roads!!!! Woo hoo. I know a lot of highly educated guys with engineering and other advanced degrees that are out of work right now looking forward to digging ditches...yeah right.

Last edited:
What kills me about this bill is that it instantly sends almost a trillion dollar into the crapper, just like the last pointless stimulus bill. My family got a check for $1500. Big f'n whoop. That's hardly half of what I'm paying on my mortgage to try and pay if off early. That's about 2.5 months of good childcare. That's not even a decent used car. Who cares?

Yaay we are gonna build bridges and roads!!!! Woo hoo. I know a lot of highly educated guys with engineering and other advanced degrees that are out of work right now looking forward to digging ditches...yeah right.

They are dumbing down America.

If we don't manufacture anything, then we don't need engineers.

Why pay your white American buddies when they can hire indians or chinese for less? Last year Bill Gates went to Washington to ask for MORE F1 worker visas. (may not be called F1, but you get the point).

He says he can't find enough Americans to do the IT work. He is a liar! If it were true, companies like IBM wouldn't have cut their IT salaries by 15%.

That's right, white collar is next. Oh you thought they were only fucking with blue collar workers? Oh no. Divide and concur. We're next.

3. NAFTA and CAFTA
4. Deregulated the media

youn are a fucking CLOWN

No Dive. No one takes you seriously. We privately email about you all the time. We laugh at you Dave. :lol:

Anyways, I'm trying to get us to stop fighting. Because you are not the enemy. You are just one of the poor morons the enemy has convinced to argue with me.

Like abortion, guns, god, gays, etc.

To give the stimulous, to not give it, more tax breaks, sending jobs overseas, doing away with unions.

It is all irrelivent if you don't do away with the Federal Reserve. They own this country.

So you can go back to arguing about things they LOVE to hear you argue about. Shit that doesn't matter. Should they vote on the stimulous package, should they give phone companies retroactive immunity, should we torture, did saddam have wmd's, etc.

YOU ARE AN ASS CLOWN DAVE. :lol:
oh i dont doubt you morons laugh in PM's
but everyone of you are fucking MORONS
and guess what
the rest of us do at you too
LOL
btw, my name isnt dave
asshole

They are dumbing down America.

If we don't manufacture anything, then we don't need engineers.

Why pay your white American buddies when they can hire indians or chinese for less? Last year Bill Gates went to Washington to ask for MORE F1 worker visas. (may not be called F1, but you get the point).

He says he can't find enough Americans to do the IT work. He is a liar! If it were true, companies like IBM wouldn't have cut their IT salaries by 15%.

That's right, white collar is next. Oh you thought they were only fucking with blue collar workers? Oh no. Divide and concur. We're next.
you are PROOF of the dumbing down
LOL

Last edited:

Forum List

Back