House GOP to vote NO on stimulus package

Obama has met with the Repubs three times so far. When did Bush ever do that? They refused to compromise even though they lost the election and 65% of the nation support Obama.

The bullshit non partisan rhetoric is on the right this time.

Obama has met with the Repubs three times so far. When did Bush ever do that? They refused to compromise even though they lost the election and 65% of the nation support Obama.

Funny.. seems like the non-partisan side was the one voting AGAINST.. there were DEMs joining AND some of the DEMs even supported the Republican alternative

The PARTISAN side was the ones voting for it.... all liberals toting the "spend like a drunken sailor" line

oh but what I heard yesterday on C-span was the the whole bill was drafted by Democrats, Republicans were left out of the planning and writing. So, again, you cannot expect them to vote for a bill they do not like.

Last edited:

what was the compromise?

They lost the election and 65% of the nation support Obama.....

so? they should vote for a bill they are against because they lost an election? That don't make walking around sense. :confused:

The stimulus package includes tax cuts. :cuckoo:

And don't forget great things like government spending on ATV tracks... generic "global warming research"...

This bill is stuffed to the gills with wasteful and useless spending that has NOTHING to do with economic recovery or "stimulus"... this is a disgrace... and any representative who voted for this thing is just as much a disgrace

Oh.. .and for as much as I don't like my current congressman.. reports are he actually stood up and spoke out against Obama to his face.... first thing I've supported from him in a while... :clap2:

IMO ................... A stimulus package should not have any pork in it and this one has more than too much in it. It should be partly about government infrastructure and also about helping the private sector putting people to work. It needs to help foster some longer term goals, but, it needs to be able to focus on the short term. It also needs to stimulate public spending. When we stop spending, we sink and that is happening more and more with each passing day. Yesterday alone we trimmed 4 employee's off that days payroll. Four people lost a days work simply because public spending is down. We have never had to do anything like that in the past and we hate it. These are good people, but, we have to protect the integrity of the business. No one wants handouts but, it would be nice if the government is going to get this much involved, that they do something to help us add four people to payroll, not trim hours of four people.

Finally republicans acting like republicans where were these guys the last 8 years?

Washington Wire - WSJ.com : Obama's Statement on the House's Vote

Where were they?

They were enabling the cronny capitalists that were in office to rape the economy and suck money out of the budget for their pals benefit.

And NOW, it the Democratic team's turn to make their supporters rich.

Skull do you really BELIEVE that there is a significant difference between these two parties?

I mean honestly, do you?

You are not a stupid man, how can you keep missing something so freaking obvious?

Bush II (self proclaimed conservative) spend money like a damned fool and his pals got rich.

The Dems are in charge now...and they're going to spend money like damned fools, too.

Jeeze! amigo, get a clue.

Finally republicans acting like republicans where were these guys the last 8 years?

Washington Wire - WSJ.com : Obama's Statement on the House's Vote

Where were they?

They were enabling the cronny capitalists that were in office to rape the economy and suck money out of the budget for their pals benefit.

And NOW, it the Democratic team's turn to make their supporters rich.

Skull do you really BELIEVE that there is a significant difference between these two parties?

I mean honestly, do you?

You are not a stupid man, how can you keep missing something so freaking obvious?

Bush II (self proclaimed conservative) spend money like a damned fool and his pals got rich.

The Dems are in charge now...and they're going to spend money like damned fools, too.

Jeeze! amigo, get a clue.

I think the difference is Bush gave it to Businness, Business creates jobs. Jobs equal money. obamalama is going to give it to those who don't create anything, it's just massive welfare. Take from those who have money and give it to those who don't. obamalama will make it so hard for business in the US OF KKKA that business will move overseas. You will see the jobless numbers increase.

The stimulus package includes tax cuts. :cuckoo:

A one time tax rebate check does not a tax cut make.

Rachel Maddow explained that when the government spends $1 on tax breaks, it generated about $1 and some change back.

When we fund project like building bridges, it produces a lot more $.

Bottom line, tax breaks are the least effective.

I can't explain it exactly as I heard it last night, but the GOP's ideas are not good. They like the current economy because they serve the corporations and bankers. The corporations now get to cut our pay and fire a bunch of us.

This is all by design. The GOP caused this crisis on purpose, along with the bankers.

The Dems need to do away with the Federal Reserve system. We need to take our country back.

And the Dems won't even try it until more of us Americans tell them we have their backs. Most of you argue FOR the Federal Reserve and you defend the corporations having too much power.

So don't expect things to get better. Only worse. Because of people like you who don't get it.

I can provide a few rather easily...

Source Wikipedia

You want me to do the same regarding tax laws?

That is rather more difficult sinc eht toxic tax benefits of which I speak are often BURIED in some bill having little to do with taxation.

Tell you what...let's see how you respond to the above list first, before I waste my time giving you example after example of things that I understand are fucking over our people, shall I?

Okay, free trade.

Do non-free trade policies protect american jobs, jobs that are typically middle to lower income? Yes.

And upper incomes, too, sport. Workers and management sort of go hand in hand, ya know.

That sort term benefit you're dismissing actually lasted about 200 years, and was responsible for American workers having the highest standard of living in the world. Something that we definitely no longer have, I might add.

Not really. Sneakers are actually more expensive now than the were (in terms of the time it takes an average worker) to buy one.

No, can you?

We can both imagine a lot of things, but that's a risk I'm willing to take.

No that isn't the question -- the important question is whose national economy are you willing to sacrifice?

I think I've missed your point above. Unemployed and under employed workers in America wouldn't be losing their jobs.

or the consumers(who worst case will continue to pay higher costs one everything for as long as those policies are in place)?

I don't know how old you are, and I am not trying to play they "you're immature game" but I was alive when America was the manufacturing giant of the world and the world's largest creditor, too.

Damned little cost us much more then than it costs us now, amigo.

Of course consumer electonics did, but that had more to do with the newness of them (and their actual costs to produce since they used TUBE technolgoy) but really that is about the extent of it.

Shoes were more expensive, but then too they weren't plastic pieces of shit like most of the cheapies are now, either.

Shirts suits and so forth? Well they were a tad more expensive than they seem to be now except again, the QAULITY of them was FAR superior to what passes for garments, today, too.

I see NO real benefit to the system we have now and I actually lived in BOTH economic systems.

Then I might play the you're an old fart game. Wake the hell up. Nothing lasts forever, including manufacturing in America. We don't have the competitive advantage we used to have in terms of blue collar production. There are all kinds of reasons for this. We have a higher standard of living than any other country. We aren't as isolated as we were from a communications stand point. We have shifted from manufacturing and production to service oriented industries in this country. People like you don't do our countrys any favor by insisting that we DON'T adapt to that and promoting policies that reflect that.

Last edited:

what was the compromise?

They lost the election and 65% of the nation support Obama.....

so? they should vote for a bill they are against because they lost an election? That don't make walking around sense. :confused:

Not only that but the Republicans that are there haven't lost an election, or they wouldn't be there. They just lost majority.

And lets not forget angelheart their ideas have been what gave us this huge mess.

I think the difference is Bush gave it to Businness, Business creates jobs. Jobs equal money. obamalama is going to give it to those who don't create anything, it's just massive welfare. Take from those who have money and give it to those who don't. obamalama will make it so hard for business in the US OF KKKA that business will move overseas. You will see the jobless numbers increase.

remind us again, how many jobs were created during Bush's time in office? 4.8 million. How many during Clinton? 23 million. How many were lost just in 2008 alone? over 2 million. Tell us again how Bush's tax breaks helped the working peopleof this country.

This is a good opportunity for Obama to REALLY show some of the bipartisanship he campaigned on and work with the GOP to make a better but not fatter bill.

He wont do it. Because they only way to make a good bill is to eliminate the bill.

You're joking right? President Bush never stopped working with the Democrats. that's one of the problems we had with him. What the hell was the point of electing him if he is going to just capitulate?

Forum List

Back