Horse lovers...please sit down before reading this!

I have had horses for several years. Right now I have 3 'wild horses' that I can't get close to. I just give them a place to live where they are not bothering anyone. Over the years I have had two instances where my horses have been shot, one time where a horse was stabbed and one time where one of my horses was covered in paint.
The last time I had a horse shot was over 3 years ago. I heard the shot and took my quad out to see what was going on. There were two ADULTS inside my fenced pasture with rifles. Didn't ask, didn't give warning- just opened fire with my 16guage loaded with #6 birdshot. it took them 8 shots from my double barrel to get out of my pasture, and I never heard a word about it later. I know I hit them, and I know how painful it is to dig that shot out of your skin.
I have no regrets, never made a secret of it and would do it again.
Where I live I was well within my rights.
I did spread the word around at all the feed stores in the area that next time I would use my SKS, maybe that is why I never had any more problems after that time. Birdshot from a distance is just painful, that SKS will drop an elk at 100 yards.

Well done!:clap2:

I have had horses for several years. Right now I have 3 'wild horses' that I can't get close to. I just give them a place to live where they are not bothering anyone. Over the years I have had two instances where my horses have been shot, one time where a horse was stabbed and one time where one of my horses was covered in paint.
The last time I had a horse shot was over 3 years ago. I heard the shot and took my quad out to see what was going on. There were two ADULTS inside my fenced pasture with rifles. Didn't ask, didn't give warning- just opened fire with my 16guage loaded with #6 birdshot. it took them 8 shots from my double barrel to get out of my pasture, and I never heard a word about it later. I know I hit them, and I know how painful it is to dig that shot out of your skin.
I did spread the word around at all the feed stores in the area that next time I would use my SKS, maybe that is why I never had any more problems after that time. Birdshot from a distance is just painful, that SKS will drop an elk at 100 yards.

I have found that troublesome people will tend to leave you alone when they are convinced you will shoot em.

clydesdales1.jpg

lets see a pig do this​

Ahhhh, the magnificent Budweiser Clydesdales. This is one of my favorite videos that they did. A tribute to 9/11 that was only shown one time.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddlaE5a-SI4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddlaE5a-SI4[/ame]

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2: outstanding! I have never seen that.

good for you.. what is SKS?

My SKS was made in Russia. It is a 7.65 mm semi-auto rifle. Mine has a detachable clip, I have two 40 round mags for it. Mine has a mount for a grenade launcher, most have a bayonet mount.
The ammo is very inexpensive, around 8 bucks for a 20 round box. Sometimes when I get bored I use it to 'cut brush'.
Where Ilive it is legal to own in it's present state without a permit, if you change it to a fully auto rifle then you need a permit.
It is not legal to own in every state.

Nikki is my current horse. I had her mother and raised her from a foal. This was taken when she was 4, she is 6 now. I have roped with her and my wife used her as a barrel racer. She is trained not to be gun shy, I use her to hunt with. She has never had spurs used on her and was trained-not broken. She comes to my voice calls or a whistle and I can ride her without a saddle or a bridle, she obeys voice commands.
When she gets ticked off at me she sometimes tries to take me under low branches, her only fault. I joke with my wife about Nikki being the least ornery female I know.

Attachments

• $DCP01320.jpg
    $DCP01320.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 74
Nikki is my current horse. I had her mother and raised her from a foal. This was taken when she was 4, she is 6 now. I have roped with her and my wife used her as a barrel racer. She is trained not to be gun shy, I use her to hunt with. She has never had spurs used on her and was trained-not broken. She comes to my voice calls or a whistle and I can ride her without a saddle or a bridle, she obeys voice commands.
When she gets ticked off at me she sometimes tries to take me under low branches, her only fault. I joke with my wife about Nikki being the least ornery female I know.
I had one that would try to scrape a rider off on any vertical object...a tree, a telephone pole, the corner of the barn...didn't matter. It got to where I could just tap the side of her head lightly to make her think twice about it. She finally quit doing it to me but would do it to any other rider.

Nikki's beautiful. I love mares and have had a few myself. My current TB mare is now 25 years old and was just diagnosed with cataracts but until last summer, she was still doing the jumpers with me. Here she is when she was 20:

Lacey-vi.jpg

hmm yall are focussing on this one event when they are rounding up horses out west...wild mustangs...what will become of them...

i hope they catch the scum....

I already know what happens to most of the ones that are not adopted bones, they ship them to Mexico to be processed.

Frenzied hooves beat against the wet cement as horses of all colors and ages file through the line. Poked with an electric prod, they are forced down the crammed alley.

As the chute door opens the workers whistle and holler. A gray horse slips, falling to his hind legs. Panicked, he lunges forward and takes his final steps into the "kill box."

As he drops his head to smell the blood, a worker grabs his long mane and plunges a knife into his neck. Stunned, the horse throws his head and, ten seconds later, is stabbed again. As the horse collapses to the ground the workers break out in a cheer.

As time runs out for the 109th Congress to stop the slaughter of America's horses, The Humane Society of the United States released exclusive video that includes this shocking footage from a municipal slaughterhouse in Juarez, just over the Mexican border.

Grisly End for American Horses | The Humane Society of the United States
Back home, we used to provide electrical service to the KAM Dog Food rendering plant and canning factory. They used chain hoists to peel the skin off, after shooting the animal in the brain with a .22 rifle. After hanging it by its hind legs, they'd slit the belly and let the guts fall on the floor, attach the skin around both aft ankles to a chain that pulled down toward the floor, then pull the skin off over the horse's nose, all the while wading around in up to a foot of entrails.

When they slit a pregnant mare and the foal fell out, they'd hang it up and continue slitting and pulling. Waste not...want not.

I was in the top of the slaughter room one day servicing one of the hoists when the lunch bell rang. The skinner, dressed in hip boots and a rubber apron, both covered with blood and other bodily fluids, walked over to the wall, took off his rubber gloves, retrieved a sandwich and proceeded to eat while standing in entrails.

I was happy when they closed the rendering plant to build a subdivision.

:wtf: :ack-1: :disbelief: :shock: :eusa_sick:

An arrest has been made!
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Film at 11:00!

Now on to the trying and frying!

Teenager Arrested for Shooting Horse with Arrow - 11Alive.com | WXIA | Atlanta, GA

As I had guessed, it was a teenage white boy.

Me thinks his hunting days are over!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Felons and guns don't mix!:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back