Horrible looking crash at the Macau GP

McRocket

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2018

Ugliest crash I have seen in a LONG time.

As of now, the driver (17 year old, Sophia Floersch) is in hospital but conscious. Others injured are - at worst - apparently in the same condition as the driver.

I sincerely hope everyone will be fine, very soon.

Last edited:
  • Banned
'Sophia Floersch has been diagnosed with a spinal fracture after her terrifying crash in the Macau Grand Prix, with all the others involved in the accident escaping without serious injury.

A medical report issued by the Macau organisers states that the 17-year-old German was complaining of back pain, but that her vital signs are stable.

Floersch hit the back of 15th-placed Jehan Daruvala on the flat-out run to Lisboa, and sustained damage to her Van Amersfoort Racing Dallara-Mercedes in the impact.

She hurtled out of control, and got launched over the inside kerb at Lisboa into the TOM’S Dallara-Toyota of Sho Tsuboi.'

Floersch suffers spinal fracture in Macau crash

I suppose we should acknowledge whatever engineering feat was incorporated to allow for survival of a driver going warp speed into a wall ....

take a bow engineers!

Engineers-Logo.jpg

• Banned
Sophia Floersch has undergone a successful seven-hour operation on the spinal fracture she suffered in her horrific Macau Grand Prix crash, doctors have confirmed.

The German was injured

Floersch suffers spinal fracture in Macau crash

in a violent accident in the F3 race on Sunday, after being launched into the air and over another car before striking a photographer's bunker.
  • A seven-hour operation on her back was conducted on Monday, with doctors saying in a press conference afterwards that her vital signs are stable and limbs are active. She will remain in hospital for up to two weeks.

A message from her official Twitter account said that there had been no complications from the delicate operation.

“The medical team is deliberately working slowly to avoid risks,” it said. “The previous surgical course is good and without complications. The surgery that began this morning continues.”

It was also confirmed that TOM’S driver Sho Tsuboi had been discharged from hospital on Sunday night, while injured photographer Hiroyuki Minami has also been released.

Chinese photographer Chan Weng Wang, who has a lacerated liver, is expected to remain in hospital for another 10 days.

Race marshal Chan Cha suffered cuts and a broken jaw but should be released in three to four days.'

https://www.motorsport.com/f3/news/floersch-surgery-macau-gp-crash/4300277/

Thank goodness for that.

• Banned
Women shouldn't be allowed to drive race cars. .... :cool:

How the heck would you know, you misogynistic doofus? Have you actually driven race cars?

Well I have - Formula 2000, open wheel, race cars (long ago). And I know first hand that a) I raced with women who were often MUCH better than many of the male drivers. And b) there is no physical or mental reason why women cannot excel at auto racing as much as men. Especially with cars today which take far less 'strength' to drive then back when I was racing.

Congratulations moron - you win the 'most pathetic post today' award.

Have a nice day.

Last edited:
How the heck would you know you misogynistic doofus? Have you actually driven race cars?
Well I have - Formula 2000, open wheel, race cars (long ago). And I know first hand that a) I raced with women who were often MUCH better than many of the male drivers. And b) there is no physical or mental reason why women cannot excel at auto racing as much as men. Especially with cars today which take far less 'strength' to drive then back when I was racing.
Women should start acting like women, and quit trying to imitate men.

This is why we have soo many lesbians today. ... :cool:

Forum List

Back