Hopechange: Obama Appoints American Taliban Lawyer to Justice

Angel Heart

Conservative Hippie
Jul 6, 2007
Portland, Oregon
The Jawa Report: Hopechange: Obama Appoints American Taliban Lawyer to Justice

Hopechange: Obama Appoints American Taliban Lawyer to Justice
HA linked Lileks this morning and reading the post I kept thinking what was the point? All this is old news, right? I mean, of course Johnny Walker Lindh -- the American Taliban -- was a traitor and any lawyer who believed there's anything admirable about a guy who leaves the greatest country on Earth (note to liberals: that would be America) to go fight to help one of the most repressive governments on Earth (note to liberals: that would be the Taliban) would have to be either a first class America hater or the poster child of moral equivocation.

Tony West, Taliban Johnny's lawyer, seems like he's best suited for the ACLU's NAMBLA defense division or perhaps an endowed chair at Berkeley's law school.

You have to wait for the last paragraph for the kicker:

I mention this for one reason: Tony [West] is the President’s nominee to head the Justice Department’s Civil Division. If you want to know how far we are past 9/11, there’s your answer: John Walker Lindh’s defense attorney is going to work for Justice. I’m not saying he wouldn’t do a perfectly competent job.

It just seems like one of those things that might have stuck out, once upon a time.

Holy f*ckity f*cking f*ck! How did I miss this one?

Lileks point? We're back to 9/10.

Hope. Change.

Likely reasoning behind the Obama appointment? I know where you all want to go with this, but there is probably something else going on here:

[Tony West] also, conveniently enough, helped raise $65 million for Obama in California as a state finance co-chair during the campaign.
Judgement!

Forum List

Back