Hope McCain gets canned

saveliberty

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2009
Election day: McCain the anti-maverick - Phoenix Business Journal

GREEN VALLEY, Ariz. — Times are strange for a recovering maverick.

"You've been the first one who's run across the aisle," a woman seated in front of Sen. John McCain said accusingly.

"Do you have a question?" he snapped. "Do you have a question, really?"

"How can we believe you now if in the past you were so different?"

The question could have come from any of the 150 people who filled a rec center in this retirement community 30 minutes south of Tucson. Even among loyalists, it looms.

Who is the real John McCain?

The 2008 Republican presidential nominee is facing his toughest re-election battle in years and has responded with a harder conservative persona, talking tough about border security and government spending at every town hall he conducts.

Earlier this year McCain bizarrely declared, "I never considered myself a maverick," though he long ago acquired the label — and reveled in it — for a willingness to work with Democrats on immigration and campaign finance reform, and to challenge his party, a rebellious fighter pilot turned politician.

The reinvented McCain has all but disowned past work on immigration. He recently helped block legislation to improve transparency of corporate money in campaigns.

In fight for re-election, John McCain takes on harder conservative persona - St. Petersburg Times

Say good night John, or whoever you are.

Derp.

Election 2010: Arizona Republican Primary for Senate - Rasmussen Reports

Senator John McCain has opened a 20-point lead over former Congressman J.D. Hayworth in Arizona’s Republican Senate Primary race.

The latest Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of Likely GOP Primary Voters in the state shows McCain attracting 54% of the vote, while Hayworth earns 34%.

For Hayworth, this represents another decline in support. In April, he picked up 42% of the vote. That fell to 40% in May, 36% in June and 34% in July. or McCain, the 54% level of support is his highest yet.

The polls have McCain well ahead of Hayworth. I doubt we'll see any upset here.

I am not really crazy about mccain but he is way way better a candidate than hayworth. That guy is a fail sportscaster nut who is supported by Sheriff joe.

Yuck. McCain is the less of two evils, but he has been here running things in arizona for a long time. AT least he is not as crazy as Hayworth. I love when hayworth says, yes, I have made a few mistakes....A FEW?

Look this guy up. He is scary.

McCain will win because he's a chicken shit who moved right for votes, and most Cons will believe him.

McCain is a douche. I would have preferred him over Obama, but he fucked us all in the ass when he decided to support the bail out.

McCain is a douche. I would have preferred him over Obama, but he fucked us all in the ass when he decided to support the bail out.

that's not what cost him the election at all.

what cost him the election was palin and looking like an idiot after the economy crashed.

Also fear over how he would handle the war on terror and definitely big fear of Palin being only a heartbeat away.

what cost him the election was palin and looking like an idiot after the economy crashed.
you were half right

i'm correct on both points. after palin looked like a moron, when things started going bad economically, people looked at him, said heck... he's in his 70's, has had cancer what, 5 times? and SHE is going to be there as his number 2 in line?

if he'd have picked romney, he'd have won even after he looked bad.

Also fear over how he would handle the war on terror and definitely big fear of Palin being only a heartbeat away.

exactly.

you were half right

i'm correct on both points. after palin looked like a moron, when things started going bad economically, people looked at him, said heck... he's in his 70's, has had cancer what, 5 times? and SHE is going to be there as his number 2 in line?

if he'd have picked romney, he'd have won even after he looked bad.

Wrong.
McCain screwed himself over. Everyone was behind him and he was doing well...until he came out for the bail out.

That's when everything went to shit. The US loved Palin and still loves her. Your distorted view has nothing to do with reality, it's just your own wishful thinking.

What cost McCain the election was the fall of Lehman Bros. in early September. His choosing of Palin had little if anything to do with it. That's just a talking point. In fact, I would argue that his choice of Palin actually boosted him among the more conservative Republicans who weren't completely enamored with him as their nominee.

Forum List

Back