Hooray! Diverse Group of Muslims Condemn Terrorism and Hebdo Attack

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street

A diverse array of Muslim religious and political leaders have issued condemnations of the Paris massacre at the Charlie Hebdo satirical magazine ahead of vigils planned here Sunday to mourn the victims.

Lebanon’s Sunni Muslim religious leader, Grand Mufti Abdul-Latif Derian, called on the country’s Muslims to renounce extremism in favor of tolerance, especially in the capital.

Hasan Nasrallah, leader of the Shiite militant group Hezbollah, also decried the Paris shooters in a video speech to supporters in southern Beirut on Thursday, saying they were more offensive to Muhammad than Western satirical cartoonists, and dismissed them as takfiris, or wannabe Muslims.

Fellow Shiites in Iran have also condemned the Paris attack. Speaking in Tehran on Friday, prayer leader Ayatollah Ahmad Khatami sermonized, “Islam does not approve of killing innocent people, whether in Paris, or in Syria, Iraq, Yemen, Pakistan and Afghanistan,” according to the Islamic Republic News Agency.

Hamas, meanwhile, issued a statement Saturday saying the group “condemns the attacks against the Charlie Hebdo magazine and insists that the difference of opinions and thoughts cannot justify murder.”

The Palestinian Authority also dismissed the Paris attacks as terrorism, calling them a “heinous crime.”

In Beirut on Sunday, a “Je Suis Charlie” gathering is planned in the downtown Samir Kassir Square, named after a 45-year-old columnist killed by a car bomb in 2005. Supporters posted and tweeted messages of solidarity Saturday.

--- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu earlier this week likened the Paris attacks to those by Hamas and Hezbollah against Israel. ----- Muslim leaders condemn French massacre but some on street disagree - LA Times
----- While many condemn the Paris violence some support it - LA Times
People like myself have been calling for Muslims and their leaders worldwide to stand up and take a public stance -- they are doing so. It is progress and anyone who disputes this is an fool and hater

Yes, indeed, this IS progress.
Interesting that they cited Hassan Nasrallah of Hezbollah as an example of a Muslim who condemns terrorism.

Is it not terrorism when his group shots rockets upon civilians in Israel and bombs US Marines in Beirut?

Interesting that they cited Hassan Nasrallah of Hezbollah as an example of a Muslim who condemns terrorism.

Is it not terrorism when his group shots rockets upon civilians in Israel and bombs US Marines in Beirut?
depends on whose side you're on. Israeli's do not consider what Menachem Begin did as terrorism. They elected him PM

but why knock a terrorist leader for denouncing Islamic Terrorism? :rofl:

depends on whose side you're on. Israeli's do not consider what Menachem Begin did as terrorism. They elected him PM
So does Jewish terrorism justify killing the US Marines or Israeli civilians, so we can get things straight?

Does anyone else find it odd the a leader of an Islamic terrorist organization is being cited as an example of a voice against Islamic Terrorism?

So does Jewish terrorism justify killing the US Marines or Israeli civilians, so we can get things straight?

Does anyone else find it odd the a leader of an Islamic terrorist organization is being cited as an example of a voice against Islamic Terrorism?
It is odd, but look what Israel does when choosing frenemies? We don't always get to pick how pure our allies will be

A diverse array of Muslim religious and political leaders have issued condemnations of the Paris massacre at the Charlie Hebdo satirical magazine ahead of vigils planned here Sunday to mourn the victims.

Lebanon’s Sunni Muslim religious leader, Grand Mufti Abdul-Latif Derian, called on the country’s Muslims to renounce extremism in favor of tolerance, especially in the capital.

Hasan Nasrallah, leader of the Shiite militant group Hezbollah, also decried the Paris shooters in a video speech to supporters in southern Beirut on Thursday, saying they were more offensive to Muhammad than Western satirical cartoonists, and dismissed them as takfiris, or wannabe Muslims.

Fellow Shiites in Iran have also condemned the Paris attack. Speaking in Tehran on Friday, prayer leader Ayatollah Ahmad Khatami sermonized, “Islam does not approve of killing innocent people, whether in Paris, or in Syria, Iraq, Yemen, Pakistan and Afghanistan,” according to the Islamic Republic News Agency.

Hamas, meanwhile, issued a statement Saturday saying the group “condemns the attacks against the Charlie Hebdo magazine and insists that the difference of opinions and thoughts cannot justify murder.”

The Palestinian Authority also dismissed the Paris attacks as terrorism, calling them a “heinous crime.”

In Beirut on Sunday, a “Je Suis Charlie” gathering is planned in the downtown Samir Kassir Square, named after a 45-year-old columnist killed by a car bomb in 2005. Supporters posted and tweeted messages of solidarity Saturday.

--- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu earlier this week likened the Paris attacks to those by Hamas and Hezbollah against Israel. ----- Muslim leaders condemn French massacre but some on street disagree - LA Times
----- While many condemn the Paris violence some support it - LA Times
People like myself have been calling for Muslims and their leaders worldwide to stand up and take a public stance -- they are doing so. It is progress and anyone who disputes this is an fool and hater
You might want to save this info....before it gets scrubbed.

It is odd, but look what Israel does when choosing frenemies? We don't always get to pick how pure our allies will be
So Islamic terrorism is ok because Israel exists?

It seems Nasrallah is just saying terrorism is bad when he doesn't do it.

The fact that you consider his words genuine is absurd. He is just taking shots at rival sunni islamists, being a shia himself. To suggest he opposes terrorism is absurd.

And this is important to you because???

Because it is odd to cite the leader of an Islamic Terrorist Organization as a voice against terrorism.

Its particularly odd that you as a Jew, are taking this article at its word considering Hezbollah has vowed to eliminate Israel and drive Jews into the sea.

Because it is odd to cite the leader of an Islamic Terrorist Organization as a voice against terrorism.

Its particularly odd that you as a Jew, are taking this article at its word considering Hezbollah has vowed to eliminate Israel and drive Jews into the sea.

No, I didn't cite him. I only said that this is progress. There was more than one name on the list. Hamas has committed atrocious acts of terror, and I am suprised that their spokesjerk spoke out against it, but I see no need to justify a 5 word sentence that I wrote and parse every name on that list. You probably lack the understanding to really grasp that.

So, since you are a known Jew-hater, your real intent here is quite obvious. You are nothing more than an anti-semitic troll, waiting for a moment to spew hate and to divide.

Looks like Dante is ready to convert, he is now a big fan of Islam.

I guess as long as Islamists lie to us in saying they condemn these acts, we can go on pretending Islam isn't an inherently violent ideaology.

Kind of like how it's ok when progressive politicians tell us what we want to hear but turn around and do the opposite.

No, I didn't cite him. I only said that this is progress. There was more than one name on the list. Hamas has committed atrocious acts of terror, and I am suprised that their spokesjerk spoke out against it, but I see no need to justify a 5 word sentence that I wrote and parse every name on that list. You probably lack the understanding to really grasp that.

So, since you are a known Jew-hater, your real intent here is quite obvious. You are nothing more than an anti-semitic troll, waiting for a moment to spew hate and to divide.
I never claimed that you cited him. I said he was cited by the article. You claimed it was somehow progress. Is the progress that Nasrallah is a hypocrite or that Shias are condemning rival sunnis?

The whole article in ridiculous, they are citing the officials of Hamas and Hezbollah as muslims who oppose acts of terrorism, anyone with common sense can recognize the the absurdity.

You can call me whatever you want, I don't care, but you are an idiot if you think leaders of terrorists groups "condemning" terrorist attacks represents progress, particularly when said terrorists want to eliminate Israel and drive out the Jews.

For Israel's sake, I hope the Jewish people there aren't as dumb as you, or they will lose their nation.

I never claimed that you cited him. I said he was cited by the article. You claimed it was somehow progress. Is the progress that Nasrallah is a hypocrite or that Shias are condemning rival sunnis?

The whole article in ridiculous, they are citing the officials of Hamas and Hezbollah as muslims who oppose acts of terrorism, anyone with common sense can recognize the the absurdity.

You can call me whatever you want, I don't care, but you are an idiot if you think leaders of terrorists groups "condemning" terrorist attacks represents progress, particularly when said terrorists want to eliminate Israel and drive out the Jews.

For Israel's sake, I hope the Jewish people there aren't as dumb as you, or they will lose their nation.

I am going to give you one last chance, although you are not worth it.

Alone that they make a statement is progress, assuming that they mean it. If not, time will tell that story for us. As for rivalries between differing islamic factions, if that is their motivation, that does not interest mean in the least, for as I just said, if they don't mean it, time will tell.

So, now I have give you your chance.

I am going to give you one last chance, although you are not worth it.

Alone that they make a statement is progress, assuming that they mean it. If not, time will tell that story for us. As for rivalries between differing islamic factions, if that is their motivation, that does not interest mean in the least, for as I just said, if they don't mean it, time will tell.

So, now I have give you your chance.
The fact you take their word given their past actions and continued terrorist actions just shows you as the fool, nothing else.

Thankfully no sane person does. You liberals are so stupid the muddled headed it's ridiculous, and articles like this prove it. Even in the face of vicious islamic terror, you double down on stupid and suggest "Islam is a religion of peace" and no different than Christianity, and think the words of Hamas and Hezbollah leaders mean something.

But please, go on talking like this. The Left wing is being utterly discredited in Europe spouting the same rhetoric as you, and right wing nationalism is on the rise. The failure of multiculturalism is evident. This recent terrorist attack is just a more gruesome example.

This will certainly change their failed, corrupt, backwards, illiterate, violent culture of neanderthals...

Forum List

Back